What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Johns / the new ACA with Farrah

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I think Benji's tears were a combination of sorrow for Farah's loss and the memory of his own father who died of a similar cancer just 2 years ago from memory.

Still, as i said in my Mad Monday article this week, it shows that Farah and benji are close and there is no rift.

Sadly, and almost sickeningly, it takes the death of someone for the media world to realise that they got it wrong.

The lowlife cowardly gutter-dwelling sewer rats will never admit they were wrong, nor will they ever apologise.

Couldn't of said it any better.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yes - a bit like the girl who everyone says is a s**t. One day she gets pregnant, and everyone says "See! Told ya!" ignoring the fact that she got pregnant, lost her vaginity and consumated her marriage on the same night.

I cannot understand people defending Johns by carying on with a baseless rumour - often denied - after ignoring Farah's defence of his team being called soft about 4 times. Johns was pushing the limits for some sensationalism - and he got it. Twat.

Truth. And he should know so much better.

Obviously it's a little different circumstances but he reminds me of a radio presenter over here, Tony Veitch. Veitch was found to have kicked his partner down a flight of stairs and broken her back, and tried to cover it up with a payment etc. She renegged on it and told a paper, it ran and his life was toast. Depressed, tried to top himself etc. Then the radio station he worked for gave him a second chance a while later...and within days he had forgotten all he'd been through. He was giving it large to anyone for anything, completely ignoring the fact he'd done such a horrible thing.

Obviously Johns is a bit different but he's forgotten the media treatment he got and he's giving out deluxe all over the show. Clueless, arrogant, hypocrite.

Loudstrat

Coach
The thing is that Johns is a media talent without this garbage. He doesnt need it, just as he didnt need some of the boofheaded excesses of Reg Regan and the stupid gay airline steward alter ego. But the media attitude has changed over the years, and some have adopted an arrogant attitude to players that was never present in the days when the likes of Ron Casey and Frank Hyde held sway.

Johns has chewed through 2 stations because of his arrogance and self serving attitude. Getting punted from 9 looks at times to be harder than climbing Everest in thongs - Ray Warren, Ken Sutcliffe and Ritchie Beneaud are prime examples - Andrew Voss the exception. Johns is only on Poxtel because he f*cked up golden opportunites in everything else he has done. Sadly, there is an element in the media where the likes of Bourbon Bec, Slothfield and Weidler reside, and Johns is part of that too.

It would be nice if they had balls like Wendy Harmer to admit they were wrong.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Actually he said shittier journos wouldn't ask, they would just print the rumours.

The fact of the matter is that it was an issue that people were wondering about, and perhaps it wasn't the best way to do it, but a credible journo wouldn't ignore what was an issue at the time.

As for how it seems in light of the events of the weekend, yeah it does look silly now. But then again, if the issue were going around now - I doubt Johns would have asked. Criticising him now is like calling Newton an idiot because he should have known the theory of relativity... Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

This

Rod

Bench
The thing is that Johns is a media talent without this garbage. He doesnt need it, just as he didnt need some of the boofheaded excesses of Reg Regan and the stupid gay airline steward alter ego. But the media attitude has changed over the years, and some have adopted an arrogant attitude to players that was never present in the days when the likes of Ron Casey and Frank Hyde held sway.

Johns has chewed through 2 stations because of his arrogance and self serving attitude. Getting punted from 9 looks at times to be harder than climbing Everest in thongs - Ray Warren, Ken Sutcliffe and Ritchie Beneaud are prime examples - Andrew Voss the exception. Johns is only on Poxtel because he f*cked up golden opportunites in everything else he has done. Sadly, there is an element in the media where the likes of Bourbon Bec, Slothfield and Weidler reside, and Johns is part of that too.

It would be nice if they had balls like Wendy Harmer to admit they were wrong.

:lol: This is turning into overreaction of the year.

Accept your bump was shit and move on.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Truth. And he should know so much better.

Obviously it's a little different circumstances but he reminds me of a radio presenter over here, Tony Veitch. Veitch was found to have kicked his partner down a flight of stairs and broken her back, and tried to cover it up with a payment etc. She renegged on it and told a paper, it ran and his life was toast. Depressed, tried to top himself etc. Then the radio station he worked for gave him a second chance a while later...and within days he had forgotten all he'd been through. He was giving it large to anyone for anything, completely ignoring the fact he'd done such a horrible thing.

Obviously Johns is a bit different but he's forgotten the media treatment he got and he's giving out deluxe all over the show. Clueless, arrogant, hypocrite.

Veitch is worse than pond scum. I remember the days when he was the endearingly nerdy human interest reporter on Holmes, then he started hanging out with goons like Mark Ellis and Matthew Ridge, got muscled up at the gym and turned into a ridicoulous jock. Then he booted his wife down the stairs. Vermin.

Loudstrat

Coach
Wrong. There was no issue - probably not even a rumour at that stage. It was just a stupid dig by a f*ckwit trying to bignote himself.

:lol: This is turning into overreaction of the year.

Accept your bump was shit and move on.
No. I will accept that gimps think the bump was sh*t though. Clearly, others don't. If you dont like it, f*ck off.

tigertiger

Juniors
I'm just here for the 'you guys will never win 3 in a row this season' comment johns made.

Then the tigers go on to win 7 straight and Robbie outplays Smith in both origin matches.