What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Johns / the new ACA with Farrah

perverse

Referee
Johns just asked the question, a question that shitter journos don't bother to ask - rather just make up rumours and print them. Matty gave Farah a chance to respond to it on his own terms, and he did.

shit bump.

Loudstrat

Coach
Pfft. Johns only brought it up to fire him up further.

Funny you think quality journos bang on about baseless rumours when "shittier" journos ignore them and stick to facts.

Cliffhanger

Coach
He was trying to verify something, yes a lot of rumours are crap, but there's a lot that contain some truth. It was only logical for him to approach that question given what had been said.

A shit tactic would have been to ask players who aren't Farah or Benji if there was rift between them and when all of them deny write, a piece about how a player who did not to be named said there was one.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Farah was a big sook, came out on twitter and said he got ambushed, most people on here bagged him for it

Frailty

First Grade
Pfft. Johns only brought it up to fire him up further.

Funny you think quality journos bang on about baseless rumours when "shittier" journos ignore them and stick to facts.

Actually he said shittier journos wouldn't ask, they would just print the rumours.

The fact of the matter is that it was an issue that people were wondering about, and perhaps it wasn't the best way to do it, but a credible journo wouldn't ignore what was an issue at the time.

As for how it seems in light of the events of the weekend, yeah it does look silly now. But then again, if the issue were going around now - I doubt Johns would have asked. Criticising him now is like calling Newton an idiot because he should have known the theory of relativity... Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Patorick

Staff member
Say what you want about Matt Johns, but he has almost single highhandedly rid us of Ryan Phelan.

He's earned a 12 month goodwill period from us all for that.

Needless bump, in any case.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Benji's tears were a combination of sorrow for Farah's loss and the memory of his own father who died of a similar cancer just 2 years ago from memory.

Still, as i said in my Mad Monday article this week, it shows that Farah and benji are close and there is no rift.

Sadly, and almost sickeningly, it takes the death of someone for the media world to realise that they got it wrong.

The lowlife cowardly gutter-dwelling sewer rats will never admit they were wrong, nor will they ever apologise.

Fire

First Grade
What Matt Johns did was no big deal at all. Even before his mother passed away Robbie should be commended for his efforts at the Tigers (after the 'ambush') and Games One and Two of Origin. He shut the f**k up and did all his talking on the field.

Loudstrat

Coach
Madunit - brilliantly said :clap::clap:
He was trying to verify something, yes a lot of rumours are crap, but there's a lot that contain some truth. It was only logical for him to approach that question given what had been said.

A shit tactic would have been to ask players who aren't Farah or Benji if there was rift between them and when all of them deny write, a piece about how a player who did not to be named said there was one.
No, a clever tactic would have been to listen to the replies from Farah, Benji and even Sheens on the topic over the previous year.

These hacks have brought this up for as long as I can remember. Every time the Tigers string together some losses, it gets brought up. And denied. And brought up again. And again no proof to back it up. And again denied.............

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ith-robbie-farah/story-e6frf3ou-1226213332930

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...plits-the-tigers/story-e6frexnr-1226205395777

That was the week Farah found out about his mother's terminal cancer I believe. Yet the Tele paints it as Farah having a sook over his test spot.

Despite the denials, Johns raises it again 4 months later - and you reckon he was being brave and credible for raising it?

Actually he said shittier journos wouldn't ask, they would just print the rumours.

The fact of the matter is that it was an issue that people were wondering about, and perhaps it wasn't the best way to do it, but a credible journo wouldn't ignore what was an issue at the time.

As for how it seems in light of the events of the weekend, yeah it does look silly now. But then again, if the issue were going around now - I doubt Johns would have asked. Criticising him now is like calling Newton an idiot because he should have known the theory of relativity... Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Yes, Hindsight has shed much on this issue - but not the stupidity of carrying on with the issue despite denial after denial. All hindsight did was confirm what Farah, Marshall and Sheens had been saying all along. Its only a revelation for the mentally f*cked.

I think Benji's tears were a combination of sorrow for Farah's loss and the memory of his own father who died of a similar cancer just 2 years ago from memory.

Still, as i said in my Mad Monday article this week, it shows that Farah and benji are close and there is no rift.

Sadly, and almost sickeningly, it takes the death of someone for the media world to realise that they got it wrong.

The lowlife cowardly gutter-dwelling sewer rats will never admit they were wrong, nor will they ever apologise.

This pretty much sums it up perfectly. Benji and Robbie have denied the rift rumor countless times over the years, yet idiots still take the bait hook, line and sinker. Hell, even after Farah flat out denied it in his interview with Matty Johns earlier this year morons were still saying it was true.

Loudstrat

Coach
Yes - a bit like the girl who everyone says is a s**t. One day she gets pregnant, and everyone says "See! Told ya!" ignoring the fact that she got pregnant, lost her vaginity and consumated her marriage on the same night.

I cannot understand people defending Johns by carying on with a baseless rumour - often denied - after ignoring Farah's defence of his team being called soft about 4 times. Johns was pushing the limits for some sensationalism - and he got it. Twat.

The Gambler

Juniors
I don't necessarily think Benji's reaction disproves it though, whether or not they like each other, doesn't change the fact that they spend a lot of time together. Benji is incredibly close to his mum also, Benji and Farah have been playing together for years, of course Farah's mum's passing was going to hit close to home.
I haven't seen waffle this good since I went to The Waffle House in New York.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
As I wrote somewhere at the time, what an amazing grub Matt Johns turned out to be. After all the sooking he did about being stitched up by ACA when it was his turn, he then becomes one of them.

unforgiven

Bench
I didn't have a massive problem with either question being asked. The problem I had with the interview was that after Matty asked the questions and was given an answer he pushed the same questions again with more aggression.

Latest posts