What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Johns

Nothing to do with bellamy melb put him off and with that they made the same stand that Nine did so may be you should give yourself a uppercut.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/johns-exiled-after-sex-storm/story-e6frg7mo-1225711932731

"It was quite clear on the back of the game's stance yesterday outlined by David Gallop and Matthew's own personal situation ... at this stage we need to get some space between ourselves and him, and we think that is the most appropriate thing for him and the game and the club in general," Storm chief executive Brian Waldron said.
"We'll give Matthew the support that we can, like we do with any player or staff member that goes through difficult times. At the end of the day he just needs to find a bit of breathing space."

Give yourself another uppercut.
Unlike channel 9, the Storm never exploited the situation nor conducted interviews for ratings purposes.

bartman

Immortal
http://www.throng.com.au/channel-nine/walkley-award-tracy-grimshaw

A Walkley Award For Tracy Grimshaw

A Current Affair leads the field in broadcast interviewing
Tracy Grimshaw, host of Channel Nine’s A Current Affair, last night won the 2009 Walkley Award for Broadcast and Online interviewing.

The award, her first Walkley, is testament to a television journalism career that has spanned almost 30 years, during which Grimshaw has consistently been one of Australia’s most respected, talented and versatile journalists.
Arguably at her peak, Grimshaw shone in 2009 as she tackled some of the most divisive issues of the year and most controversial of her career.

A string of hard-hitting, exclusive interviews this year created headlines across the country and set the agenda for the nation’s talk radio stations in the days that followed.

Standouts among them were her groundbreaking interviews with swimmer Simon Cowley and the fellow swimmer who assaulted him, Nick D’Arcy.

In May, Grimshaw chaired what was undoubtedly the most compelling television interview of the year, when she probed former Cronulla Sharks player Matthew Johns and his wife in relation to allegations of group-sex.

Walkley Award judges commented: “When Matthew Johns sat down to talk to Tracy Grimshaw, we all sat down. It was compelling television as we watched a man’s career crumble. A tense and difficult interview, with the reporter also under particular pressures, but Grimshaw proved the expert interviewer.”

Tracy has hosted the Nine Network’s A Current Affair since January 2006. Her career began as a general reporter in Nine’s Melbourne newsroom in 1981. She has fronted a host of programs for the network including Nine News, Midday and Today.

The annual Walkley Awards, which were established in 1956, recognise excellence in Australian journalism across all media including print, television, radio, photographic and online.

More than 1300 entries are submitted in the prestigious awards each year. The awards are the culmination of a year-long process with 34 awards presented each November.

Loudstrat

Coach
:lol:

Hypocrite!

Greg Hartley's apology to Ray Price for the massive atrocities in the 1978 minor semi final replay is the most pressing apology that is long overdue in this game. That, and the 100 lashes Hartley should receive in Church St Mall.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Watching a man's career crumble is compelling television? Well f**k me, I saw compelling television when Craig McLachlan failed at stand up comedy.

Loudstrat

Coach
Watching a man's career crumble is compelling television? Well f**k me, I saw compelling television when Craig McLachlan failed at stand up comedy.
Yeah, but Pricey came back to be the best lock forward since Raper, won 4 comps and a few Rothmans Medals along the way, started Ray Hadley's radio career, then got Fitzy punted - hardly a career crumble.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Yeah, but Pricey came back to be the best lock forward since Raper, won 4 comps and a few Rothmans Medals along the way, started Ray Hadley's radio career, then got Fitzy punted - hardly a career crumble.

tbh, Paul Carige's career crumbling was much more compelling.

Matty Johns has nothing to apologise for,

He should only be answerable to his wife for being unfaithful.

The people who should apologise is that carpet licker Grimshaw and the whole Channel 9 organisation for being so unsupportive and just playing along with the whole "that poor, poor girl" routine.

She wanted it and it was consensual, if Matty did not become famous we would never have heard a peep out of that dirty little slurry.

Bubbles

Big Time

Juniors
When Matty Johns goes to Channel 7, will Rebecca Wilson's attitude towards him change, seems she is also on their payroll?? He will be earning quite a bit more then her, so I don't think they would take too kindly to her bagging him. Also if Channel 7 win the rights to the League, will we suddenly see a Rebecca Wilson that has nothing bad to say about the game??

"In May, Grimshaw chaired what was undoubtedly the most compelling television interview of the year, when she probed former Cronulla Sharks player Matthew Johns and his wife in relation to allegations of group-sex"

Grimshaw should have a sexual misconduct case to answer.

bluey

Bench
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/johns-exiled-after-sex-storm/story-e6frg7mo-1225711932731

"It was quite clear on the back of the game's stance yesterday outlined by David Gallop and Matthew's own personal situation ... at this stage we need to get some space between ourselves and him, and we think that is the most appropriate thing for him and the game and the club in general," Storm chief executive Brian Waldron said.
"We'll give Matthew the support that we can, like we do with any player or staff member that goes through difficult times. At the end of the day he just needs to find a bit of breathing space."
Give yourself another uppercut.

Fair call still a polite way to say its over mate move along .
No more uppercuts they start to hurt.

simostorm

Bench
Grimshaw was probally taking the girl's side cos Reg probally publicly embarresed her one time.. at the logies or something.. lol..
Celebrities are the biggest sooks..

Skinner

Coach
Can anyone tell me if Matty Johns has apologised to the woman he and his mates gang banged?

Call me old fashioned, but I would have thought that an apology was in order.

Maybe I mix in the wrong circles and gang bangs are accepted behaviour these days??

Why raise this now you pathetic individual

LESStar58

Referee
Matty Johns has nothing to apologise for,

He should only be answerable to his wife for being unfaithful.

The people who should apologise is that carpet licker Grimshaw and the whole Channel 9 organisation for being so unsupportive and just playing along with the whole "that poor, poor girl" routine.

She wanted it and it was consensual, if Matty did not become famous we would never have heard a peep out of that dirty little slurry.

Bubbles

I'm waiting for the MJ-type fall out with Tiger Woods!

gregstar

Referee
ffs!

this merkin has collected more bites in this thread than my entire forum career.

truly a master.

Brutus

Referee
ffs!

this merkin has collected more bites in this thread than my entire forum career.

truly a master.

He wouldn't have been able to do it without matty johns though.

He doesn't mind a matty thread or two.

This Year?

Immortal
Can anyone tell me if Matty Johns has apologised to the woman he and his mates gang banged?

Call me old fashioned, but I would have thought that an apology was in order.

Maybe I mix in the wrong circles and gang bangs are accepted behaviour these days??

:shock::-$