What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MaxZ's Rants

BissyB

Juniors
On coaching though, keep DA, but imagine Gus being a mentality/attitude trainer. He can get em in the zone and let DA run structures, so on

bartman

Immortal
1. The Chosen One - should play like he's the chosen one for more than half a year before he signs a contract upgrade.
6. Feleti 'The GreatOne' Mateo - should play like he's the great one consistently.
7. KK - we could do worse
9. Mortz - that's what I meant by worse

Avenger

Immortal
ok I'll be serious for one moment..

last years run was remarkable, a feat never to be repeated ever again, we were an absolute rabble before that feat and we're a bigger rabble now, we are rudderless and our spine are not providing the support we need to compete as a unit, I understand that the club are looking to Cronk to fix this but for the love of god when will they realise that it's not happening?

let's persevere with what we've got and look to getting BK for one last hurrah, lets also start recruiting some strike players to replace those that have left, don't worry about this year, the longer we leave our signings sheet bare the more they'll lose on sponsorship, members and odds of getting the spoon for the first time in 39 years will be real reality.

Actually we were are sitting in a better position this year.

IFR33K

Coach
One or two more loses, and DA will really be under the pump. Who would of thought, our season would be over by round 17.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
For frigs sake, this is the 3rd sack Anderson thread you've started inside of a week. We get it - You don't like Daniel Anderson as a coach and you want him gone. Fine! That's your opinion and you're well and truly entitled to it, but do you really need 3 separate freaking threads?!

You want to get rid of Anderson after a season and a half. What were you like during the Brian Smith years? You must have been border-line catatonic.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Now lets see if this computes.

2009 Eels going like busted Bums until Kingston becomes a regular replacement at 9. All of a sudden the team had sharp service and go forward from the play the ball. Everyone looked like worldbeaters.
2010 Kingston joins Penrith who now look like worldbeaters
2010 Eels loose Kinsgton and are again playing like busted bums.

How did Parra find the money to buy that Cowboys forward for the rest of the year but they had no money to retain Kingston?

Forget Cronk. Parramatta needs a smart hooker. Cameron Smith is the man the team needs in my opinion.

Nikki

Coach
DA your the worse coach in the NRL.... Why? Because you got the players to win the premiereship and you can't do nothing with them. You have MURDERED our beloved team.

This is your last chance as a Coach and make the changes needed and stick with it till the end of the year.

1. The Chosen One
6. Feleti 'The GreatOne' Mateo
7. KK (His a lemon, but way better then Mortz/Humble or Robson for that matter)
9. Mortz

Our last stand. Only The Chosen One can save us now!!!!

With that comment im assuming you jumped on board last year, otherwise that above comment would be thrown at Michael Hagan.. remember him?

For mine, its not all DA's fault. He came out at the start of the season and said one of his objectives was that he was not going to use as many players as he did last year. Now, I dont know if this is the reason he is persisting with players, to save face, but I think the time has come to give a couple a run at Wenty. Then you can see what its like for a coach to murder a club!!!

stuke

Bench
i love the belief that Feleti will fix all our problems by playing at 5/8. all he has done this year is amble around and throw a few dodgy passes.nothing he has done this season indicates that he is motivated to play the game.

he started the year unfit and doesn't look much better now - he would become the biggest 5/8 since Olsen Filipana, another player who plyed about 2 good games a year.

add to the fact that when he did play 5/8 in previous years every man and their dog were crying out for him to be moved back to his 'real' position of lock.

Feleti is not the answer to our woes.

Bazal

Post Whore
Now lets see if this computes.

2009 Eels going like busted Bums until Kingston becomes a regular replacement at 9. All of a sudden the team had sharp service and go forward from the play the ball. Everyone looked like worldbeaters.
2010 Kingston joins Penrith who now look like worldbeaters
2010 Eels loose Kinsgton and are again playing like busted bums.

How did Parra find the money to buy that Cowboys forward for the rest of the year but they had no money to retain Kingston?

Forget Cronk. Parramatta needs a smart hooker. Cameron Smith is the man the team needs in my opinion.

Easy, we couldn't afford Kingston. His match payments from last year + minimum wage=NRL determined value. Schubert informed us he had to be signed for that value, thus, we couldn'at afford him. This year, Shackleton receives a long injury, giving us a small discount on top of the small amount of breathing space we have under the cap, and thus we can afford to pay Manuokafoa a small amount while Nth QLD also foots a good chunk of the bill.

Obviously I know what you're implying and I have no idea why the club gets so much sh*t from certain quarters about Kingston when there was literally nothing they could have done.

Haynzy

First Grade
I am sooo over the Kingston crap too..... Let it go folks, there was nothing we could do...

Someone asked what Max was doing when Hages was coach? Simple, he was complaining about Tim Sheens destroying his beloved Tigpies.

natheel

Coach
Max r u a troll?

if not....do u realise a coach can't do anything with his team UNLESS they bloody listen to him. its up to the bloody players now!!! DA did so much with us last year with pretty much the same roster! the loss of Kinga and Lowrie would not affect any other team in the comp!
we bought 3 players who had rep experiance and were meant to be awesome. granted poore took a while to come good! but Tahu has been less than good and shack was their for 30 minutes!

go back to ur f**king cave

natheel

Coach
I am sooo over the Kingston crap too..... Let it go folks, there was nothing we could do...

Someone asked what Max was doing when Hages was coach? Simple, he was complaining about Tim Sheens destroying his beloved Tigpies.

so am i!!! the loss of kinga would not do this to ANY other team in the comp!

MaxZ/3iaGGiZ

Juniors
Only 2 players can save us now. The GreatOne and The Chosen One.

The GreatOne....

Why lord oh why isn't The GreatOne playing in 5/8th. Everyone in the NRL must be laughing their heads off. Our halves lack experience, structure or leadership. The GreatOne has been there before and knows the role. Most agree he looks unhappy and dare I say lazy. But give him the role he was born to play. Stop containing him in lock. We need to unleash him in 5/8th. He is the x-factor. The game breaker/winner. While we got him, use him.

The Chosen One....

As for The Chosen One. He is trying too much because of our failure in the halves. Only when we have stability in our halves will The Chosen One reclaim his glory. He is just waiting to destroy teams but lacks the halves to enable him to do so. Right now he is our 100% attack. Take him out and we have no attack.

Lets try to win this premiereship. Next year will be a nightmare. We will be far weaker then ever. This is the best chance to win it. Every player has a reason to play hard and win it this year. But nothing is gelling because we don't have the key positions fielded. It must be fustrating for our players.... especially for their fans.

2010 Full strength team....

1. The Chosen One - Saviour. Nuff said!
2. Luke Burt
3. Timana Tahu
4. Joel Reddy
5. Eric Grothe - If he has walked out on parra.... then Inu comes in.
6. Feleti 'The GreatOne' Mateo - Experience, Structure, Leadership.... Stop containing him.... unleash him.
7. Kris Keating - A lemon.... but our best half in the club.
8. Nathan Cayless (c)
9. Daniel Mortimer
10. Justin Poore
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (c)
12. Ben Smith
13. Justin Horo

14. Matt Keating - Interchange with Mortz.
15. Fui Fui Moi Moi - Played his best off bench. Impact player.
16. Tim Mannah
17. Tom Humble - Interchange with KK
18. Jeff Robson
19. Krisnan Inu - Plays his best in the big games. Come Finals he will have everything to play for.

Stick with this lineup till the end. We have nothing to lose now.

Haynzy

First Grade
Personally I blame the chosen one for todays loss....he didn't inject himself enough.
Mannah was soft too and Poore may as well have taken the week off for any impact that he had.
Seriously what else can Ando do to get these guys firing!