What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mayweather vs Alvarez

Tommy Smith

Referee
Is anyone else looking forward to this fight?

It'll be absolutely HUGE.

Probably the highest grossing fight in history and I haven't looked forward to a fight this much since, well, ever.

Gonna be epic and I am counting down the days.

Go Canelo!!!

floyd_canelo_poster.jpg

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Can't wait.

I'm a Floyd fan but would have to admit a Canelo victory (as long as it's not via dodgy scorecards) would be exciting.

I am concerned it might turn out to be a snoozer though. Canelo surprised everyone by boxing very cute against Austin Trout. Trout is sort of a jab and move type fighter (like a poor man's Mayweather) and Canelo adopted a similar style to Trout and actually out-slicked the slickster. If he does that against Mayweather I'd expect him to suffer a very boring defeat.

Hopefully as Canelo has a big size advantage here he will be pressing the fight all night and maybe even offer some opportunities for Floyd to throw a few and test his chin.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Is anyone else looking forward to this fight?

It'll be absolutely HUGE.

Probably the highest grossing fight in history and I haven't looked forward to a fight this much since, well, ever.

Gonna be epic and I am counting down the days.

Go Canelo!!!

floyd_canelo_poster.jpg

very much doubt that

what are you basing this on?

andrew057

First Grade
very much doubt that

what are you basing this on?

Theres a chance it could, probably not likely though. Mayweather is bigger than he has ever been, both undefeated fighters, Canelo being a legit mexican will draw huge numbers and having Matthyse vs. Garcia on the under card will ensure a lot of hardcore boxing fans buy this as well.

Last edited:

andrew057

First Grade
I'm a huge fan of Canelo and have been for years. I hope he KO's Mayweather.

Matthyse vs. Garcia should be an absolute war.

Im excited.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Theres a chance it could, probably not likely though. Mayweather is bigger than he has ever been, both undefeated fighters, Canelo being a legit mexican will draw huge numbers and having Matthyse vs. Garcia on the under card will ensure a lot of hardcore boxing fans buy this as well.

cannot possibly see it being bigger than Mayweather v De La Hoya

Tommy Smith

Referee
Just a hunch.

You're probably right as it'll be hard to surpass Mayweather vs De La Hoya.

We all know this will be a much better fight; but whether or not the casual boxing fan does is what it depends on.

I'm just so excited because Canelo is the real deal. A super fighter who is sensational to watch,

If he wins then it'll be awesome. But if Floyd wins then he'll have really earned it and congrats to him. This is his "legacy" fight imo given that the Pacquiao fight hasn't happened.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Just a hunch.

You're probably right as it'll be hard to surpass Mayweather vs De La Hoya.

We all know this will be a much better fight
; but whether or not the casual boxing fan does is what it depends on.

I'm just so excited because Canelo is the real deal. A super fighter who is sensational to watch,

If he wins then it'll be awesome. But if Floyd wins then he'll have really earned it and congrats to him. This is his "legacy" fight imo given that the Pacquiao fight hasn't happened.

i highly doubt it

Floyd will knock him out

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

I agree, I think Alvarez is the best fight Floyd could take at the moment (not something you can always say about his opponents), is young but experienced, coming off a win that arguably made him the best at 154lb, and is in reality probably 2-3 weight classes bigger than Floyd, which present its own challenges.

HOWEVER, Alvarez doesn't really have the defining win(s) on his resume yet to compare to an ODLH or Pac. If Floyd wins in convincing style it will be all to easy for people to say that Alvarez wasn't actually the real deal and discredit the win.

andrew057

First Grade
So hyped for tomorrow. Cant wait to see Danny Garcias dad when Matthysse knocks his son out.

royce10

Juniors
Just watched the weigh-in, which is probably the biggest weigh-in event I've ever seen.

Looking forward to Garcia/Matthysse just as much!

Also Mainevent will be showing this in HD!!

Mayweather may as well enter the ring dressed as a professor, because he's going to give Canelo a boxing lesson.