What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mbye

Front-Rower

First Grade
Yeah and got sacked shortly after. I could have coached that Souths team to the premiership. What has he done this year so far?

Yep. Bankrolled by Russell Crowe ffs

The ESL premiership was with Wigan, the biggest club in England

Shredder

Juniors
Hs inherited a squad of shit players who dont have any personal pride.

Hes taking this year to clean it all out. That shows hes here for the long haul, rather than a quick level of success and hop over to the next team.

Every player on our core roster has had ample chances to make their case and its pretty clear who is on the nose with him. I reckon hes going to spend the rest of the year clearing out that list of players being shopped around.

I didnt expect anything different this year, its the same players as last year.

Front-Rower

First Grade
What are you expecting ?

Improvement on last year? It’s not like we have a rookie squad. There is no consistency, like the last decade, fans get caught up in the moments of brilliance but overlook the lack of concentration and capitulations.

Hate on Clearly all you want but he had a simple game plan, hold the bloody ball and tackled for your life. It worked until he decided he couldn’t stay anymore then it just went out the window.

The unknown

Juniors
Yeah and got sacked shortly after. I could have coached that Souths team to the premiership. What has he done this year so far?

Are you joking? he built that Souffs team from scratch in 2012 (or did he come in 11?). It's not like he just walked into the joint with all those players playing at their peak

Tiger05

First Grade
Improvement on last year? It’s not like we have a rookie squad. There is no consistency, like the last decade, fans get caught up in the moments of brilliance but overlook the lack of concentration and capitulations.

Hate on Clearly all you want but he had a simple game plan, hold the bloody ball and tackled for your life. It worked until he decided he couldn’t stay anymore then it just went out the window.

Maybe Cleary got more out of the team he had but we finished 9th. I reckon Madge is so much better than Cleary in that he is seeing problems and confronting them. I think Cleary worked with what he had and didn't have a long term plan.

We were terrible last night but we have some pretty serious holes in our roster. Cleary also signed some shockers that will impact us long term especially Packer and Reynolds.

We don't have consistency beacuse Madge is aiming to be a successful club and maybe that requires sacking players who aren't performing and giving other guys a go.

I think Nofo is a good example. He was given a chance and has performed so he keeps his spot.

I think we have to give the coach some time to develop a squad that can perform.

Front-Rower

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/334709e99c1e3d8cf2db43d86e9c4edf

Michael Maguire is frustrated with reports linking Tigers captain Moses Mbye with a mid-season move to the Cowboys to accommodate Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.
Mbye was shifted to the centres in the Tigers 28-0 loss to the Raiders with rumours refusing to go away that Maguire will replace him with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, who has been released by the Panthers.

However Maguire shot down those suggestions in his post match press conference.

“Never he is our captain so I am not quite sure where you are going with that one,” Maguire said.

“Moses is our captain and he will be going forward.”

Asked why he moved his captain to the unfamiliar centre position from fullback, Maguire defended his pursuit to make the team improve.

“We are looking at various areas of our game to improve the team,” Maguire said.

“We are coming off three losses so we are looking at ways we can improve.

“I’m looking to improve our team all the time. Moses has been going well.”

The Tigers are rumoured to be chasing Watene-Zelezniak as a potential fullback option with Mbye set to move permanently to the halves or centres, if a deal can be struck.

New Zealand coach Maguire admitted he is interested in his Kiwis’ skipper, but stopped short of saying the club is actively pursuing him.

“I’m interested in Dallin and whether he has been released or not I think it has been talked about a bit already,” Maguire said.

“I have a connection with Dallin, but you have to be able to fit them into a salary cap.

“There are plenty of teams that will look at quality players and we are no different.”

Tiger05

First Grade
I hope we get DWZ but you'd think that there would be an official announcement by a club pretty soon as he has been released. As for Mbye I don't know what you do with him. You have to play him in the spine as he is on big dollars but I don't think he is the best option at any position other than fullback assuming we don't get DWZ.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I think Cleary worked with what he had and didn't have a long term plan.

If he did that we’d still have Woods and Moses. That’s a really naive thing to say.

He went and bought in Packer and Mautalino and we went from one of the worst defensive units in the competition to one of the best in 2018.

You bring up Nofo, a player in what, his 7th season? He should be consistent, not getting a go because he has had 3 or 4 good games this year.

We miss a controller in the side. Brooks isn’t that type of a player. You watch the storm in their hay day. When their key playmakers were out the rest of the side ran around like chooks with their heads cut off. No idea. The roosters the last couple of weeks, Keary goes down, no Cronk vs the knights, no wins. Not even Tedesco could save them.

Tiger05

First Grade
If he did that we’d still have Woods and Moses. That’s a really naive thing to say.

I completely disagree. Signing Reynolds and Packer on long term big dollar deals to me shows that Cleary wasn't thinking of the long term future. Woods and Moses are better options than Reynolds and Packer and getting rid of them was fine.

I think all he was worried about was getting by as best as he could and those long term contracts that he signed were just a way to get through the immediate problems that we had with no foresight into how those contracts would potentially hurt us.

Who is this controller that can turn us around ? Honestly I don't believe any controller can do much unless they have a quality team around them. Sure our spine players need to make better decisions but that is on all 4 or 5 of them.

I saw Brooks come up with a terrible kick early in the game but apart from that he was good. Benji did the same thing. Robbie was slow getting into position and also continually kicks possession away. Mbye passes when he shouldn't and doesn't pass when he should.

Then we have outside backs who just aren't threatening.

Pezz70

Juniors
I hope we get DWZ but you'd think that there would be an official announcement by a club pretty soon as he has been released. As for Mbye I don't know what you do with him. You have to play him in the spine as he is on big dollars but I don't think he is the best option at any position other than fullback assuming we don't get DWZ.

Im not sure we have a spot in the top 30, we need to offload players and no one wants them! If we do have a spot it wouldn’t be worth much cause we are $300k out of pocket this season. Someone has to go

And remember Mbye has the full support of the coach..... and board :joy:

Tiger Ted

Bench
You would hope that Ivan or Mary would think he'd lift back with them
U can only wonder how tiny a proportion of his contract any supposed interested parties r willing to pay.I doubt it’s much & same goes for the rest of the garbage Madge wants to c the back off.Weve got significant issues trying to dispose of the massively overpaid shit.

Tiger05

First Grade
U can only wonder how tiny a proportion of his contract any supposed interested parties r willing to pay.I doubt it’s much & same goes for the rest of the garbage Madge wants to c the back off.Weve got significant issues trying to dispose of the massively overpaid shit.

Exactly. Ivan has screwed our cap up big time.

Fordy20

Juniors
We are f**ked next year as well. Still have the second year of the Farah penalty to deal with.

Latest posts