What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mbye

Das Hassler

Bench
We are f**ked next year as well. Still have the second year of the Farah penalty to deal with.

Never know....this time last year the dogs and Manly couldnt see the light at the end of a 3 or 4 year long tunnel

Glass half full....*one size fits all

Tiger05

First Grade
Never know....this time last year the dogs and Manly couldnt see the light at the end of a 3 or 4 year long tunnel

It can turn around quick. I think we have to hope Madge knows what he is doing. I have more confidence in him than other coaches who have come in and tried to clean the place up. We've also had a lot of experience with coaches who have to clean up the mess.

Fordy20

Juniors

As long as we re-sign Madge, I see the light at the end of the tunnel in 2021, when there will be 21 positions up for grabs, Reynolds and Packer off contract and most of the dead wood moved on.

If something happened before then I would be pleasantly surprised. If only Packer and Mbye would respond to Madge the way to McQueen did.

Tiger Ted

Bench
As long as we re-sign Madge, I see the light at the end of the tunnel in 2021, when there will be 21 positions up for grabs, Reynolds and Packer off contract and most of the dead wood moved on.

If something happened before then I would be pleasantly surprised. If only Packer and Mbye would respond to Madge the way to McQueen did.
Emphasis on ‘If only’
I reckon Mcqueen is a better bloke than those 2 b graders.Packer is an A-grade deadshit & Mbye suffers from delusions of grandeur especially after been granted both the club captaincy & a spot on the Qld bench.I know I’m sounding like a broken record but Rowdy should b the captain.

stryker

First Grade
Are you joking? he built that Souffs team from scratch in 2012 (or did he come in 11?). It's not like he just walked into the joint with all those players playing at their peak
He didnt build it. Russell did with payments im sure dont exist on any ledger.

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/4a13121b5ffbd44519bc55214a0cbf5a

‘I’m not going anywhere’: Moses Mbye floored by Tigers exit rumours

Wests Tigers captain Moses Mbye has opened up on speculation he is on the outer at the club, declaring: “I’m not going anywhere.”

Mbye was floored by reports on Friday linking him with a move to North Queensland, six months after being appointed skipper of the club.

Asked point-blank if he was leaving, Mbye said: “No, I’m not going anywhere. You can’t break contracts, brother.”

The development came after suggestions coach Michael Maguire was planning on shifting Mbye to the centres a fortnight ago only to be ruled out late with injury.

Mbye proceeded to make his State of Origin debut for Queensland, before finding himself in the centres in Friday’s lopsided defeat to Canberra.

He insisted he saw no need to seek guarantees from the club over the remaining three-and-a-half years left on his current deal.

But after being forced out of Canterbury due to salary cap pressures, he feared the same may be happening against in Concord.

“I’m a veteran at this,” he said.

“It would be more annoying. You settle in somewhere and it’s not just you that buys into an organisation. It is also your family too. It would be disappointing.

“This game, you need a lot of trust in it. I’m not going to pick the phone up and unless they picked up the phone, which they haven’t.”

Rumours of his exit coincides with the club’s reported pursuit of Dallin Watene- Zelezniak, who was officially released by Penrith on Friday.

His possible addition would all but certainly mean Mbye would relinquish his fullback spot and be forced into the backline.

“You just do whatever’s going to benefit the team the best,” he said.

“We’re clutching at straws trying to get it clicking in our attack and try and get some points and some premiership points too. We tossed that idea up.

“I don’t know if we’ll do it again next week but we’ll do some review, see what went wrong and what went right and try and put it together next week.”

The unknown

Juniors
He just signed Tim Mannah...thoughts?

Lol do you really think he has been waking up every morning for the last 2 week's dreaming of signing Tim f**king Mannah?

He is currently trying to make the best of a shit situation. We essentially get Mannah for free whilst offloading Packer to the eels. (if rumours true obviously)

Obviously it's not the best signing but we sign an experienced prop who will give much more than Packer. And atleast he is likeable

stryker

First Grade
Lol do you really think he has been waking up every morning for the last 2 week's dreaming of signing Tim f**king Mannah?

He is currently trying to make the best of a shit situation. We essentially get Mannah for free whilst offloading Packer to the eels. (if rumours true obviously)

Obviously it's not the best signing but we sign an experienced prop who will give much more than Packer. And atleast he is likeable
One day you may wake up.
This bloke is a fcken myth.
Within a year you will agree.

stryker

First Grade
His coaching ability will get tested for sure. We are easily the weakest roster he has taken over in his coaching career

But we won't see proper inroads for atleast another year imo. That isn't because he is a bad coach, it's because of our current roster
Theres no doubt the roster sucks. Not to toot my own horn too much but I saw that coming too. Everyone was so desperate for good news that they just went along with Ivan's bus bullshit.
I may be wrong on Maguire but i dont think so.

Fordy20

Juniors
He just signed Tim Mannah...thoughts?

It's clear indication just how screwed we are on the salary cap front. We couldn't sign DWZ despite agreeing to terms because we are screwed until 2021, which co-incidently is when DWZ's new contract ends with the Dogs.

Eels would be paying full freight for the rest of the season and if Mannah doesn't get an ESL contract next year, we could potentially extend him for another 12 months on the cheap to tide us over to 2021 if required. We are light on in the prop department, but given how screwed our cap is, we wouldn't be able to sign a player like Christian Welch.

As far as Madge is concerned, it would be a pretty bad decision not to keep him. Not quite as bad as sacking Longmuir, but right up there with letting Potter go.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
The jury is still out on Maguire

However who would you have taken as coach instead?
There is no instead, he was the best available that we could realistically get. People talking about contract extensions for him are getting it wrong. He hasnt earned a thing here yet and I believe is not the coach they think he is.

Tiger05

First Grade
There is no instead, he was the best available that we could realistically get. People talking about contract extensions for him are getting it wrong. He hasnt earned a thing here yet and I believe is not the coach they think he is.

Typically I don't like contract extensions to coaches unless they are performing. I also haven't stated he should get one. The thing is I don't know what else he can do. We've had an obsession with plodders for a while now and Madge seems to be turning that around.

Maybe he is getting some players offside but we need to have forwards that dent the line and backs that can score tries. I get the impression that Madge gets this and is holding players accountable.

I wouldn't have a problem with Madge getting a contract extension.

Latest posts