What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McClennan GORNE

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'm fine with SK taking over tbh. Wouldn't be against Jason Taylor either. Maybe a combo of both. SK and Iro work together for the Kiwis so thats a plus.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
All that would have achieved is possible some key players leaving (aka Mateo, Packer?) and most likely another average season. What would have happened when we're six rounds in with two wins? He probably gets fired and leaves next season in disarray.

Can you elaborate on this?

Brian's coaching wasn't the only area of weakness this year.Recruitment , player power and a number of other back office decisions spring to mind.

Personally, I'd remove Bell, Scurrah and have Simon step down as captain to be replaced by a co captain structure..

hitman82

Bench
The management, in consultation with the players, got their wish it would seem. If they're the haters, that's probably a good decision.

But why 2 games out from the end of the season, in the midst of a review they've insisted they're staging now? I don't get it.

Because some players have chosen not to perform for Bluey. He lost the dressing room a long time ago. Management does not want to see us record a record losing streak under their control.

I am sad Bluey didn't work out, as I liked his attitude and believe he had much to offer as a coach. But as soon as he had a falling out with players, regardless of whose fault it was, he had to go.

JoeD

First Grade
It was the right decision for the club's immediate and long term future.

Juju

Juniors
what a crazy last 6 weeks for the club. To think we snag a few of the wins earlier in the year it would be a complete other story.
I think this is pretty telling the senior players had no faith in blueless to turn it around.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Brian's coaching wasn't the only area of weakness this year.Recruitment , player power and a number of other back office decisions spring to mind.

Personally, I'd remove Bell, Scurrah and have Simon step down as captain to be replaced by a co captain structure..

Why do people not think Mannering is a good captain? 6th in his first year, GF last year and then this terrible run as coincided with him out. He's also vice captain for the Kiwis isn't he? Got that position over some pretty experienced players.

Why do people not think Mannering is a good captain? 6th in his first year, GF last year and then this terrible run as coincided with him out. He's also vice captain for the Kiwis isn't he? Got that position over some pretty experienced players.

Because when the chips are down, he doesn't talk.

hitman82

Bench
I don't think we need to go stripping Mannering of the captaincy. If we had a better captain to replace him maybe. But we don't.

Juju

Juniors
Because when the chips are down, he doesn't talk.
Who in next years squad could replace Mannering as captain?
As cheesy as it sounds they probably need a leadership group to support him (they probably already have this though.)

Fast Eddie

First Grade
The only possible candidates who would possibly be anywhere near Mannering level of respect would be Friend or TL maybe.