What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McClennan GORNE

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I think in the Owen Glenn era, we will see more ruthlessness than in the past. He's a hard-nosed stubborn old bastard, who won't let himself be laughed at.

And this is where the Warriors have to be very, very careful. Glenn may be a good businessman, but that does not mean he know league and should be sticking his nose into league related matters where others have more expertise, that starts to get extremely dangerous

I hope Bluey isn't the only one to go, shifty scurrah should be in the sites as well.

Even this announcement has been botched. The official word was a "mutual parting of ways" then during the interview with Bluey he says he "was informed last night".

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Hey guys first post big warriors fan from oz.. Disappointing season, has anyone mentioned the idea of Rick Stone possibly heading across?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Welcome to the forums.

At this point I think every uncontracted/assistant with potential is getting a mention. Until we hear anything though, that's all it is, fan speculation.

MKEB...

Staff member
I wouldnt mind seeing Jim Dymock heading over. A Dymock and Kearney combo could be good

Last edited:

Aragorn

First Grade
how about Ackland for the top job?

he's spent enough time in the coaching box whispering into Bluey's ear about how great his U20 players are, might as well have the title....

Illiterate

Juniors
Mick potter head coach
Curent parramatta coach. assistant no1
Some one assistant no2

Kearney vulcans coach

We also need a coach who gets the under 20 players ready for first grade.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3 News just said David Kidwell was a possibility.

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Let's take ANOTHER unproven NRL coach.

I hope the media, the fans etc and whoever was behind the push for Bluey will now get over this 'Kiwi for coach' rubbish. Pick the best guy and ignore what world he comes from.

There are a lot of very good Australian coaches available now. The Potters, the Dymocks, the Folkes, etc.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I hope Bluey isn't the only one to go, shifty scurrah should be in the sites as well.

Even this announcement has been botched. The official word was a "mutual parting of ways" then during the interview with Bluey he says he "was informed last night".

The first part, isn't Scurrah the CEO who was in charge when we made the GF last year? The same one that appointed Cleary? The same one that resided over the club's best ever period, consistency wise, between 2006 and now? Yes he's made mistakes, and one of them was appointing Bluey. But they weren't prepared to give Ivan backing at a time where we were on the cusp or out of the eight. Penrith swooped, that was that. It wasn't a particularly polarising story at the time.

The second part, that's typical club media spin. Nothing to read into. Of course clubs are always going to say a mutual parting of ways.

Blake

Juniors
Why are people so keen to appoint Kearny? Horrible NRL head coach record, average Kiwis head coach record. Had his hand held during that world cup with Bennett didn't he?

Everything I've seen of the guy makes me think he's totally average and can't get the best out of players.

Folkes or throw the bank at Bellamy. Even D Anderson would be better than any Kiwi coach.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Though I feel a bit sorry for McLennan, this season was terrible for too many reasons. We appear to have disintegrated into a dysfunctional, unhappy rabble, a la 2004. Say what you will about Cleary, but he held everything together through the tough times.

If Folkes is available he'd be my choice, too. Besides his early success with the Bulldogs, he has a strength & conditioning background, so may be able to cast a different set of eyes over our training regime (although I suspect our habit of fading is largely a psychological thing). I can also remember reading an article where he talks about his defensive drills being heavily focused on communication, another area where we appear to be lacking. To counter the likes of the Dogs & Manly, an "Up & Decide" type defensive pattern would probably be the most effective, but we stand no chance of being able to carry this off effectively without a number of leaders on the park directing things. Kevin Locke in particular has to develop this side of his game.

Having said all this, however, the Dogs in 2008 were shocking defensively. So even if we did manage to snare Folkes, there's certainly no guarantees. Either way, I'm not disappointed that Bluey is no longer our coach.

Latest posts