What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McClennan GORNE

Warmess

Juniors
Man, that interview with Bluey hurt to watch. Seems like a good bloke, heart is in the right place. Sucks when he's a genuinely good guy, but you know it's the right decision to let him go.

jamaman

Juniors
Man, that interview with Bluey hurt to watch. Seems like a good bloke, heart is in the right place. Sucks when he's a genuinely good guy, but you know it's the right decision to let him go.

had too or NO bums on seats next season and sponsers will go to the dark side!

Mike0070

Juniors
Very surprised that he got given the chop so quickly, I still stand by that he deserved another half year at least with Kearney by his side. As poor as Bluey was, he did have a young squad and a torrid injury toll... not a good enough excuse to explain this year but good enough to get a second shot I feel.
My only concern with that is , what if we lose the first 5 rounds of next season ? - very hard to bring in someone decent half way through the year

One Warrior

Bench
Bellamy for me would be first choice, however being realistic this may not be possible obviously, therefore my choice would be Daniel Anderson. Took us to our first Grand Final within two years, also took the Eels to the Grand Final in his first year, lost his job at both clubs under very shaky management to say the least.

jamaman

Juniors
Bellamy for me would be first choice, however being realistic this may not be possible obviously, therefore my choice would be Daniel Anderson. Took us to our first Grand Final within two years, also took the Eels to the Grand Final in his first year, lost his job at both clubs under very shaky management to say the least.

he had his time here.. we need to get into buying the Best Coach's and Players the Dogs saw that!

Micistm

Bench

Was hard to watch. Maybe the right thing, maybe not, but classy and dignity response. Respect for that.

Just watched blueys interview, will always be a good bloke type

but

he started all this with the Inu situation. Witch doctored his way through it with the media then the season spiralled from there

just out of curiosity who are the 5 in the leadership group

mannering
luvk
msteo????
rapira?????
maloney????

gurstar

Juniors
how about the supercoach timmy sheens he will serve the club well, hes had his used by date at west tigers

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Just watched blueys interview, will always be a good bloke type

but

he started all this with the Inu situation. Witch doctored his way through it with the media then the season spiralled from there

just out of curiosity who are the 5 in the leadership group

mannering
luvk
msteo????
rapira?????
maloney????

Based on what he said about only having 1-2 available for a large part of the season from the leadership group at any one time I'd assume the main candidates would be...

Mannering
Luck
Rapira
Ropati
Lillyman
Manu

Warmess

Juniors
how about the supercoach timmy sheens he will serve the club well, hes had his used by date at west tigers

Weren't we fairly close to signing him a few years back? I certainly wouldn't say no to Sheens, but I doubt it'd happen.

Might get Benji too ;p

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Meninga was a massive failure in his NRL coaching career, with Canberra, was he not? We've just had a coach who can get players up for representative matches but not first grade.

Rich102

Staff member
There was a replay of a Scurrah interview on TV3 this morning saying the club are cashed up and aggressively chasing the "best coach possible".

Somehow he doesn't fill me with confidence.

Didn't he say last week there had been no approach to Kearney?

Warmess

Juniors
Meninga was a massive failure in his NRL coaching career, with Canberra, was he not? We've just had a coach who can get players up for representative matches but not first grade.

Meninga even stated himself that he isn't a good coach. QLDs amazing streak is because of amazing players, not an amazing coach.