What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCullough

qld redvee

Juniors
channel 7 news in queensland tonight reporting that saints are waiting on a medical report to ensure his hamstring is 100 % healed and all good and then a 3 year deal .......... so I would say we may get the press release mid afternoon tomorrow
I would hope that its a 2 year deal with option in clubs favour for year 3

Dragonslayer

First Grade
channel 7 news in queensland tonight reporting that saints are waiting on a medical report to ensure his hamstring is 100 % healed and all good and then a 3 year deal .......... so I would say we may get the press release mid afternoon tomorrow
I would hope that its a 2 year deal with option in clubs favour for year 3

Stop it!!!
Wait, we are actually waiting on a medical before finalising a deal!!!

Haven't heard of this for a long time, a very long time.

Tiger Shark

Bench
May as well, for us the best option was to sign McInnes for the Sharks I feel the money could have been better spent elsewhere. Brailey could play for NSW eventually and you already have a great lock who I’m sure isn’t over the moon with having to play prop next season. It is just an all round strange move.

Who is this great lock we supposedly have? Rudolf? If so he’s not a great lock with the new rules. Besides he’s just a footballer and plays wherever. Otherwise don’t know who you could mean.

Brailey I agree could play origin and the club has been clear that’s his spot.

Craig93

Juniors
Who is this great lock we supposedly have? Rudolf? If so he’s not a great lock with the new rules. Besides he’s just a footballer and plays wherever. Otherwise don’t know who you could mean.

Brailey I agree could play origin and the club has been clear that’s his spot.

I think Mcinnes will be a much better lock than Rudolf if he holds up to the battering week in week out.

Crush

Coach
Everyone I know that doesn’t support the Dragons is either laughing themselves silly or just plain scratching their heads at the news of Dragons signing AM.
Only a few one eyed fanatics in here are trying to justify it as they have blind faith in the new coaching staff.

Let’s call a spade a spade here.
Signing AM for 3 years is absolute madness. It stinks of a coach that only knows one way to coach and cannot adapt so he employs players he is comfortable coaching.

be55

Juniors
Everyone I know that doesn’t support the Dragons is either laughing themselves silly or just plain scratching their heads at the news of Dragons signing AM.
Only a few one eyed fanatics in here are trying to justify it as they have blind faith in the new coaching staff.
You hit the nail on the head mate...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Signing AM for 3 years is absolute madness. It stinks of a coach that only knows one way to coach and cannot adapt so he employs players he is comfortable coaching.
3 years is a long time (if true).

But he does bring more to the hooking table than Mick Ennis does..

Maybe, just maybe, that is why Griffin is an NRL coach, and everyone you know who is not a Dragons supporter is not.

rasaint

Juniors
If and ‘if’ Its a 3 year deal at reports of $600k a season it is total joke and madness. I am with Crush... If it’s a 3 year deal at $300k a season then I can live with it for the sake of experience.

Let’s all be honest and say James Graham was solid 1st year in 2018 and slid markedly from there.

So this experience thing maybe somewhat overstated. McCullough is 31 all this season, 32 during 2022 and 33 during 2023.

mickeylane

Bench
I like Mcculloch. 3rd best Hooker In the league barring injury behind Cook and Grant ... highly regarded in Brisbane and a tough but hard nose competitor. Better genuine Hooker than Mciness makes as many tackles and scores the odd try .. hopefully only a 2 year deal and remains injury free. Finally we sign some experience ..

thebigredv

First Grade

I'm trying to back the coach...but when either Bird or McCullough have one of their injuries flare up in the 3rd round of the competition he will be culpable for putting us in a weakened position.

Still, I am happy to sit back and watch it play out without being too judgy.

boardlumps62

Juniors
If and ‘if’ Its a 3 year deal at reports of $600k a season it is total joke and madness. I am with Crush... If it’s a 3 year deal at $300k a season then I can live with it for the sake of experience.

Let’s all be honest and say James Graham was solid 1st year in 2018 and slid markedly from there.

So this experience thing maybe somewhat overstated. McCullough is 31 all this season, 32 during 2022 and 33 during 2023.
But Cam Smith is what 38?