What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregor Appointed Full Time

The Nick

Bench
THing that pisses me off is how Doust thinks we are all idiots.
Bet the club leaked the Sheens interest and whoever else ,just like last seasons 'review' in the coaching situation,to lead us into believing there is a genuine process in appointing the coach.
Under Doust,Farrar,Brown,Bennett by fluke,Price and now golden boy.
Absolutely stinks,but no point in whinging through another offseason about the coach,lets see who he recruits and releases and move on.

LOL yeah I can just imagine it at the board meeting "ok let's toy with the internet forumers because there emotions pay the bills around here" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gomarchin

Juniors
All this means is 6 years of missing semi-final footy.

We are an absolute joke and Doust is a complete imbecile. How can we appoint another ROOKIE as our coach?? Have we improved under Mary? Yeah, not hard when you've hit rock bottom as we did under Price but have we beaten any top 8 team with Mary as coach? NO!!!! Mary is Price with a chin and no hair.

I'm very disappointed in the club. With the board, CEO and anyone else responsible for making this decision. It's wrong on so many levels.

bottle

Coach
All this means is 6 years of missing semi-final footy.

We are an absolute joke and Doust is a complete imbecile. How can we appoint another ROOKIE as our coach?? Have we improved under Mary? Yeah, not hard when you've hit rock bottom as we did under Price but have we beaten any top 8 team with Mary as coach? NO!!!! Mary is Price with a chin and no hair.

I'm very disappointed in the club. With the board, CEO and anyone else responsible for making this decision. It's wrong on so many levels.

So can we officially call him 'hairless' now?

RedVDragon

Juniors
Congrats to Mary. I suggest that the rest of us support the decision. He has done well under the circumstances. The coach can only do what he can with the players he has around him. Hopefully we buy some front rowers which will support our backs.

It's now up to Mary.

Gomarchin

Juniors
And I thought he said he never wanted the job as first grade coach. Bollocks! He knifed Price and now were stuck with this clown for 3 years. Why? Doesn't the club want success?? Another 3 years of medicrity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BennyV

Referee
Well this is pure and utter stupidity. Signing for 3 years with 3 games left is just dumb. What happens if we go 0 from 3? Absolutely ridiculous...

Still, its done, I've had flipped a table and yelled a bit, time to move on and hope for something on the forward recruitment front.

Best case, we win the next 3 premierships. Worst case, we completely bomb next year. Regardless, this is surely the last chance for Mr Doust...

Fingerbang

Bench
I'm with you Nick....happy about Mary getting the gig. Most involved with the club, and almost all the players wanted Mary as coach. They would know better than 50 or so disgruntled fatties spending most of their day on LU forums. Btw....I include myself as one of those fatties on LU forums. Just not a disgruntled one.

Go Mary.....go hard son.

stgill2001

Juniors
Bravo he must have something if he was with the nsw side as well...AND DISAGREE GOMARCHIN we beat storm and we beat raiders that wayne bennett couldnt achieve! SOO...Go the mighty Red V

TruSaint

Referee
Bravo he must have something if he was with the nsw side as well...AND DISAGREE GOMARCHIN we beat storm and we beat raiders that wayne bennett couldnt achieve! SOO...Go the mighty Red V

Thats right, Wayne only delivered a title, 2 minor premierships and world club champs.
But sh...t we couldn't beat the Raiders. :roll::roll:

Joey_dragons

Juniors
a lot of you guys a not happy with McGregor getting the coaching role.
I think he will prove a lot wrong, he will come good and has come already
from when he took over. give him a chance

tumbidragon

First Grade
Saw his signing coming as there really wasn't many options given the lack of available proven coaches. But for 3 years!? Wouldn't it of been more prudent to give a largely untested coach a year with a club option of a 2nd? Anyway as bottle said, lets get behind him and our boys until proven otherwise.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Thats right, Wayne only delivered a title, 2 minor premierships and world club champs.
But sh...t we couldn't beat the Raiders. :roll::roll:

Yep, welcome to St George Illawarra 2012 - 2017: the Mediocrity Years of the Club when beating hoodoos was the criteria to appoint rookie coaches to 3 year contracts!!!!!

I'm sick to death with the rookie coach appointments. We've wasted 3 years with Price and now another 3 years will be wasted. Even if Mary misses the finals next year, the excuse will be that we really need to give him more time (like we gave Price), only to continue to miss the finals. How sad.

Kuro

Juniors
3 years.. FMD.

1 year with 1 year optional at best, all other viable options exhausted.

gonz

Juniors
Yep, welcome to St George Illawarra 2012 - 2017: the Mediocrity Years of the Club when beating hoodoos was the criteria to appoint rookie coaches to 3 year contracts!!!!!

I'm sick to death with the rookie coach appointments. We've wasted 3 years with Price and now another 3 years will be wasted. Even if Mary misses the finals next year, the excuse will be that we really need to give him more time (like we gave Price), only to continue to miss the finals. How sad.

bingo

stgill2001

Juniors
technically! steve price was at the helm that day if i recall? Yea 1 premiership is great but it could of easily been another 1 or 2? I dont get any satisfaction out of being minor premiers to be honest!

stgill2001

Juniors
He is in the same era as paul green and mcfadden and they have done quite well and mary is the same i recall they all have been signed up so were really in the same situation and itll be a good thing..soward talked him up and look at him...this could be a master stroke mr doust!

Elias1983

Coach
He is in the same era as paul green and mcfadden and they have done quite well and mary is the same i recall they all have been signed up so were really in the same situation and itll be a good thing..soward talked him up and look at him...this could be a master stroke mr doust!

I'll have what you're having...