What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McInnes and Madge having breakfast together

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I feel like we need more detail before we can start casting stones at our captain.

And it really comes down to what he was eating. Can we find out what was on his plate?

It would answer a lot.

Smashed Avo - Just a catch up with an old friend
Eggs Benny - Potential sign up for 2022
Big Breakfast - Break the 2021 contract to go to the Tigers
Fruit Toast - Proving inside information about Hook’s plans
Chilli Scrambled Eggs - Providing advice to Madge after Mary applied for an assistant role at the tigers
B&E Roll - Chatting with Madge about a player swap that helps both teams
Bloody Mary - having a lol@souffs

Inisai Toga

Juniors
If my contract was getting to the negotiating stage I ‘d talk to who ever I felt like. The bloke (McInnes) is entitled to talk to people. That being said, I feel Saints will offer him the right price, but if he feels he can get way more by going to the Tigers, well I wouldn’t go stupid, he in my opinion is replaceable.

TruSaint

Referee
If my contract was getting to the negotiating stage I ‘d talk to who ever I felt like. The bloke (McInnes) is entitled to talk to people. That being said, I feel Saints will offer him the right price, but if he feels he can get way more by going to the Tigers, well I wouldn’t go stupid, he in my opinion is replaceable.

EVERYONE is replaceable is my point.
But losing a Club Captain as a result of poor game management is the issue.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I’m agreeing with you that the bloke can talk to anyone and loyalty to Mary doesn’t put him in bad light at all, in my opinion. Where I’m possibly not necessarily agreeing you is the assumption that Hunt’s form is the reason he’d be overlooked or forced to move on

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
The poll I posted the other day about who’ll be the dummy half in 2022 is 52% McInnes 48% Hunt

It’s going to be a huge call either way, but if McInnes can pick up a big contract at another club while Saints are still deciding what to do then we’d thank him for his service & wish him the best of luck.

At least Hunt’s role in the team would be settled for ‘22 & ‘23 & the focus would be developing Amone & Sullivan into a premiership winning halves combo.

Gareth67

First Grade
If Cam doesn’t get mucked around and Hook assures him the 9 jersey is his ( and not BH ) then I’m confident he is going nowhere

Agree buddy , this is all a storm in a tea-cup . I seriously cannot see Cam going anywhere, however as you have said , it would be nice to have Griffin put the story to bed and say that his services are not only required , but also most highly valued .

TruSaint

Referee
I’m agreeing with you that bloke can talk to anyone and loyalty to Mary doesn’t put him in bad light at all in my opinion. Where I’m possibly not necessarily agreeing you is the assumption that Hunts form is the reason he’d be overlooked or forced to move on

That's fine, and you are entitled to your opinion.

I would not be surprised if he leaves, and that's not me talking BS. I have posted months ago that he is not happy.

In terms of value to the club Cam > Ben by some margin. My opinion only.

I will leave it there. Enjoy the festive season.

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade

I would not be surprised if he leaves, and that's not me talking BS. I have posted months ago that he is not happy.

In terms of value to the club Cam > Ben my some margin. My opinion only.

I'm with you all the way on this one Tru.

Cam is our hooker.

Ben needs to find his 7 form.

Dragons need either JDB or if not a suitable replacement at lock, not our best hooker!

Merry Christmas mate...

BLM01

First Grade
Mate honestly I’m never after a stink on here and have enjoyed plenty of your contributions but you seem to make it sound like JDB perhaps having a few beers at the club is fine right now - when blokes like me don’t. Might be a bit old school but the only licensed venue he should be drinking at is one where he is with with his family.

Blokes like me reckon he shouldn’t be drinking in public under any circumstances whilst on bail for serious sexual assault charges.

You have a crack at a poster saying he saw our Capt meeting with a Head Coach from another club and ask when will it end (linking it to JDB having a beer and a chinwag).

It’s all of interest to a lot of us Dragons supporters.

edit. Best wishes to you and all of our Dragons members for xmas and new year.
Certainly not having a crack..a jest more like it, the timing and all and the smiley face gives it away..
but that is social media commuincation and interpretation guessing for you.
But you are right I do think it OK for him to go out..do we know who he was with anyway?..not important
Merry Xmas and HNY to you @ALSGI

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors

In terms of value to the club Cam > Ben by some margin. My opinion only.

Given that Hunt is with us for 3 more years. The question is pretty simple really. Are we more likely to win a premiership with Hunt at 9 or 7?

Gareth67

First Grade
Given that Hunt is with us for 3 more years. The question is pretty simple really. Are we more likely to win a premiership with Hunt at 9 or 7?

Don’t go concerning yourself with the minor details Maddragon , as I am sure that our possum will have Hunt sold off to the lowest bidder by the new year .

Banjo2014

Juniors
The poll I posted the other day about who’ll be the dummy half in 2022 is 52% McInnes 48% Hunt

It’s going to be a huge call either way, but if McInnes can pick up a big contract at another club while Saints are still deciding what to do then we’d thank him for his service & wish him the best of luck.

At least Hunt’s role in the team would be settled for ‘22 & ‘23 & the focus would be developing Amone & Sullivan into a premiership winning halves combo.
Still like Hunt playing out of dummy half because of his kicking game - he is more able to jump out and kick down field as Cameron Smith does

Maddragon99

Juniors
Don’t go concerning yourself with the minor details Maddragon , as I am sure that our possum will have Hunt sold off to the lowest bidder by the new year .
As Greg Alexander said, Hunt is the worst buy in rugby league history.

Based on what we’ve seen Hunt isn’t the man to lead us back to the top so hiding him at dummy half is the only other option. Very unfortunate for Cam, he deserves better but that’s professional sport.

Gareth67

First Grade
As Greg Alexander said, Hunt is the worst buy in rugby league history.

Based on what we’ve seen Hunt isn’t the man to lead us back to the top so hiding him at dummy half is the only other option. Very unfortunate for Cam, he deserves better but that’s professional sport.

Hunt at 9 will not deliver a title.
It will destabilize the team.

Im confident Griffin will play Hunt at 7. I don't care if he's contracted for 3 years.

Fully agree gentlemen , I also believe that he will be at half , in fact I am sure that Hook has already said as much .

I also believe that Griffin understands that Cam McInnes is an integral part of the team and shall play him at No. 9 where he can deliver his best . Perhaps Elliot may be able to give him a few pointers so as to improve his game as a true hooker .

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I'm with you all the way on this one Tru.

Cam is our hooker.

Ben needs to find his 7 form.

Dragons need either JDB or if not a suitable replacement at lock, not our best hooker!

Merry Christmas mate...
Agree with you not moving McInness to lock, I don’t think that was effective at all. Also agree I’d like to see Hunt find better half back form because I want both players in the side firing, but as stated in another thread I’d prefer Hunt as Hooker if pushed to make a choice. Nothing new Chang used to play centre for Preston etc ..
But my comments were made in relation to McInnes negotiation for his next contract. I just believe Saints will offer him the right amount to play hooker! If Tigers choose to pay overs that up to them and he accepts fair enough. I personally think he’ll stay, but who knows.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Agree with you not moving McInness to lock, I don’t think that was effective at all. Also agree I’d like to see Hunt find better half back form because I want both players in the side firing, but as stated in another thread I’d prefer Hunt as Hooker if pushed to make a choice. Nothing new Chang used to play centre for Preston etc ..
But my comments were made in relation to McInnes negotiation for his next contract. I just believe Saints will offer him the right amount to play hooker! If Tigers choose to pay overs that up to them and he accepts fair enough. I personally think he’ll stay, but who knows.
Possm can probably answer this best, what is McInnes worth on a 3 or 4yr deal? Maybe $600,000 Per year?

When did he cry about his sacking ?
The week Mary was sacked ?

Big deal. He showed some emotion. Get over it.
Why? Because I have a different opinion of him than you, I have to conform to your opinion? Nothing I need to get over mate, if he goes I dont care. The truth will surface one day.