What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McInnes to Eels

BIG RIG

Juniors
Is this another BS rumour or does it genuinely have legs

If true Robson seems like 1st replacement but what do we do with the money freed up

Would be very surprised

McInnes has still got a couple of years left on his contract.

Unless of course Parra has made a mega offer to Cam.

We have Robson, Lovodua and Hunt as possible hooker options.

Along with JDB being stood down, this would greatly weaken our defence in the middle of the ruck.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think there's a lot of assumption that it MAYBE McInnes, but putting it simply, the initial report:
St Gearge hooker close to signing with the Eels/

Assumption = McInnes

Reality leads to the fact that it will be Robson they are referring to. Which matches the rumour set a while ago now that it would be very hard to retain Robson as other clubs are circling.

The assumption of McIness makes no sense as he is signed until 2021 and would be a candidate for club captaincy next year. Add to this that the Eels cannot speak to him anyway, unless he requests so.
Robson, on the other hand is looking for a starting hooker role, is off contract this year and would most probably seek a release.

ViceVersa

Juniors
I think there's a lot of assumption that it MAYBE McInnes, but putting it simply, the initial report:

Assumption = McInnes

Reality leads to the fact that it will be Robson they are referring to. Which matches the rumour set a while ago now that it would be very hard to retain Robson as other clubs are circling.

The assumption of McIness makes no sense as he is signed until 2021 and would be a candidate for club captaincy next year. Add to this that the Eels cannot speak to him anyway, unless he requests so.
Robson, on the other hand is looking for a starting hooker role, is off contract this year and would most probably seek a release.

Nope. They specifically said "Dragons hooker Cameron McInnes is close to joining Parramatta"

Unless they made a mistake.

Last edited:

RedVDave

First Grade
What's Parramatta's obsession with signing our hookers Steve Edge, Mark Riddell, Cameron King & now Possibly Cameron McInnes of all the above mentioned this one would hurt the most absolute champion player and proven Robson despite the hype is not proven.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Assumption = McInnes

Fair comment DS but l sincerely hope its not Robson.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Surely we cannot let this happen, we can probably manage for 2019 by playing Hunt there, but in 2020 when Widdop is back in England potentially DeBelin is unavailable leaves us with a massive gap in our pack.
I doubt that we will be moving Hunt to hooker this year and then back to halfback next year, but who knows? I think that Mary and co will want to get the Hunt Norman halves combination working this year.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Yeah, wouldn’t be surprised, and couldn’t blame anyone. McInnes is a top line hooker, and although not proven, Robson seems to be a star in the making. They can’t both be 1st grade hookers for Saints, so the club needs to make a decision, and we have a dedicated recruitment officer on it.

I would be surprised if McInnes and Robson haven’t asked the question, and I would hope they have solid answers. If Saints are looking at Robson being the starting hooker next year, then telling Cam to explore now is fair.

I would prefer to have McInnes this year, and blood Robson, and confirm thoughts... but if he gets a great offer now, we shouldn’t stand in his way. Either Robson stands up earlier, or Hunt moves in for a year, and Dufty gets back to Fullback. Just a decision on which works better.

Still I hope any deals are delayed to later in the year once we better understand the Pdevelopment of Robson.

dragon thomo

Juniors
The only reason I can think off is that Robson has got solid offers for next year and this latest move is to make sure we don’t lose him
This on top of the DeBelin decision also concerns me on our defence up the guts. It is a real delemma as Paara must be throwing good money at McInnes

Latest posts