What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McKinnon at 5/8

Johns Magic

Referee
filthy_spammers said:
I'm talking next year and beyond. The issue is Parra's best players have been a second rower, whose been fulfilling a workhorse role and a fullback. You show me any team who says their best two players are a workhorse second rower and a fullback and I'll show you a team near the bottom of the ladder. You want your best players in impact positions.

Tallis(2nd row) and Lockyer(fullback) in the past have been their team's best 2 players, yet have won premierships(e.g. 2000).

strider

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
filthy_spammers said:
I'm talking next year and beyond. The issue is Parra's best players have been a second rower, whose been fulfilling a workhorse role and a fullback. You show me any team who says their best two players are a workhorse second rower and a fullback and I'll show you a team near the bottom of the ladder. You want your best players in impact positions.

Tallis(2nd row) and Lockyer(fullback) in the past have been their team's best 2 players, yet have won premierships(e.g. 2000).

Exactly what I was thinking....mind you - Lockyer and Tallis had some other rather handy players in their team too.

I can see where you are coming from tho with the McKinnon at 5/8 thing - he can break tackles and doing that the way he does at fullback isn't as useful as it could be in the front line.....Burt was playing OK until at fullback until he got smashed by Buderus early in the year - I think if Burt pulled his finger out he'd still be a good fullback and Wade might be worth a try at 5/8.

But I think I'd still rather see how Johnny Morris fairs at 5/8 first - Johny needs to improve his kicking a bit and take some control and I reckon he might be very handy at 5/8.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Eels Dude said:
I can't see anything that Graham has displayed which would lead me to conclude he'd make a great 5'8th. His defence is far from perfect and he has no kicking game to speak of.

I don't know about kicking game, but last year at fullback he made a number of great one-on-one try-saving tackles.

I think when his injuries cease and he gets his confidence back he'll be the player he was last year.

messiah7

Juniors
Wade Mckinnon is a good player, as I have always stated that if your heart is for the jumper you wear you belong to that club and you will play well. Wade is one of two in my mind that bleeds parra colours through his veins. (the other is N.hindmarsh) As far as 5/8 is concerned, NO WAY !!!!!!
full back is his position.