What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mclinden leaving the green machine???

raidersfan

Juniors
Well it's the same source that said Wiki would never leave the raiders and the Tigers would get Monaghan.

edabomb

First Grade
Would cap off the year. Especially if we were paying off his salary like with Payten. In saying that, I have no faith in this rumour.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Why were the raiders forced to pay out Paytens contract when I thought he was the one who asked for a release?

jed

First Grade
Haven't we all learned these last few months that only 5-10% of the crap that's published about the Raiders is true?

I don't believe it. That's not to say that this isn't part of the 5%, but I don't belive it.

edabomb

First Grade
Mal Meninga said:
Why were the raiders forced to pay out Paytens contract when I thought he was the one who asked for a release?

Both parties agreed to a release, but Canberra had to keep paying around 2/3 of his contract to assure he was picked up elsewhere. It counted towards our cap, which made it an even more bizzare decision. I always though Payten was ok while he was here, just a bit overweight at times.

edabomb

First Grade
Hmm it seems to me 5% of the good stuff is true, 100% of the bad stuff is true :x :lol:

BAY72

Juniors
sounds like a load of crap!
if I get the chance can try to ask him this weekend, at the after mach function. but even then we can never be sure!

Raider Azz

Bench
It was written by The Mole, so I take it with a grain of salt. Here's what it said:

I don't want to alarm poor Canberra fans who are still reeling from a string of recent defections, but is star halfback Mark McLinden the next Raider about to jump ship? You could be excused for thinking so if you pulled up the website of Irish club Treaty City, which features a large pic of McLinden on its home page.

I can't even find Treaty City's home page after searching on google, so I don't know what its on about :?

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
http://www.treatycitytitans.com/

banner.png
:lol:

hrundi99

First Grade
So they've used a few NRL pics to tart up their site.

Woohoo... :roll:

I'd say the webmaster or manager is probably a Raiders supporter, and until they get a few Titans action shots to use, he ripped those pics off.

hrundi99

First Grade
What a ridiculously tenuous thing to use as the basis for a rumour.

Good grief.

I think I'll cancel my non-existent subscription to RLW.

Raider Azz

Bench
I left a message for the Mole in the guestbook in case he came back to break the news on Fittler joining them too. :lol: