What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mears may be given a lifeline

Eddie.

Bench
From league week. farah will miss the early rounds of next season and with senter retiring Sheens is considering keeping Mears.

" Robert has been great for us this season but was considering giving it away. Robbie Farah has been earmarked for the hooking spot for some time now but he wont be there for the start of the season"

Tigerpete

Juniors
I certainly wouldnt complain about that though, i think its fair that we reard him for his efforts this season.

tiger8989

Juniors
I HOPE THIS IS TRUE AND IS CONFIRMED SOON.

I HAVE HEARD OTHER CLUBS ARE INTERESTED IN MEARS SO THE SOONER WE RETAIN HIM THE BETTER.
HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD PLAYER FOR US AND THIS SEASON HE HAS PROVED THAT HE IS ONE OF OUR MOST IMPORTANT PLAYERS.

MEARS AND FARAH SHOULD BE OUR HOOKING OPTIONS FOR NEXT YEAR AND FITZY ONLY USED THEIR IF EITHER ONE IS INJURED.

HOT028

Juniors
we need to keep mears, have galea playing look and fitz as an impact player off the bench at best.

steven_tiger

Juniors
disagree gobbs.

9. Mears

13. Galea (c )

14. Fitzhenry

to start the year and then when farah is fit he can come on the bench with fitzy being the 'fill in' again.

galea#13

Juniors
at the moment you wouldnt dream of moving galea out of the no 11 on his recent form he would be in the top5 of second rowers he will run out of juice in the hooking role. then he cant take them on out wide either ?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
It's good that Farah is earmarked as our starting hooker.

I'd definately keep Mears for another season. Never complained when he was in Premier League and is really good back-up. Always gives us a bit of extra spark when he comes on.

Galea MUST play lock.

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
Mears has been great this year

Every time that he has come off the bench, the team has lifted!

And he has made some very good runs this year down dummy half!

Just watch the bulldogs game up in gosford so see what i mean

innsaneink

Referee
CULLUS.ONLINE said:
Mears has been great this year

Every time that he has come off the bench, the team has lifted!

And he has made some very good runs this year down dummy half!

Just watch the bulldogs game up in gosford so see what i mean

He's been watched closely since then though , and been les effective.
I think he runs too much from DH....persistently

I'm a bit "I dunno" bout mears.....he backs up Buckets in the experience stakes now that smily and satts are gone.

HOT028

Juniors
i know mears is no benji but how can people be happy to give bji 350k and only give robbie match payments?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
HOT028 said:
i know mears is no benji but how can people be happy to give bji 350k and only give robbie match payments?

Mears should be on match payments if not on a very small contract which involves incentives

Benji shouldn't be on $350k yet I don't care how good he thinks he is, he hasn't showed us yet he is worth the amount of a top line halfback - sure $200-$250k but he isn't worth anymore than that not yet anyway!!!

Trollhammaren

Juniors
He ain't worth $200K yet. And I agree Mears should be retained. If it's only until Farah is back and fit and ready to take over the #9 then match payments would be ideal.

Latest posts