What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MELBOURNE 3rd Test: Australia v India on Dec 26-30, 2014

Shaun Marsh now also hurt in the nets.

That's now Watson, Starc and Marsh. Good to see our fast bowlers have decided to take out the plodders by force. Haddin will be next.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I get what he wants to do, but if Lehmann didn't think that was the best option for the team, is it not logical that he doesn't let it happen. People really think Watsons influence extends to dictating terms to Boof ? Surely that's in the ridiculous basket.

influence ? no

but the media know they can get a story out of hmi at any time as if they raise his favourite subject, being himself, they will have a very willing interviewee

no one is suggesting he has influence, he just whinges till he gets what he wants

and please stop talking about Watson and Miller in the same sentence

chalk and cheese

rickywalford1

First Grade
influence ? no

but the media know they can get a story out of hmi at any time as if they raise his favourite subject, being himself, they will have a very willing interviewee

no one is suggesting he has influence, he just whinges till he gets what he wants

and please stop talking about Watson and Miller in the same sentence

chalk and cheese

No one is suggesting he has influence ? Really ? I better re read a few posts then.
Either way, the idea Lehmann bats him at the top because he whinges is just as ridiculous. How soft do you think Lehman is ?

Who is Miller ? You have got the wrong guy.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Keith Miller, one of the invincibles, and that was not directed at yourself

JJ

Immortal
I read today that of Australian batsmen with as many test runs as Watto, only Ian Healy and Rod Marsh had lower averages :lol: Seriously, he should not be anywhere near #3 in test cricket

8Ball

First Grade
I read today that of Australian batsmen with as many test runs as Watto, only Ian Healy and Rod Marsh had lower averages :lol: Seriously, he should not be anywhere near #3 in test cricket

If he went back to shield cricket though, he'd probably make a ton of runs... Such is the shitness of Shield cricket at the moment.

blaza88z

Coach
Just reading some of the Watson arguments, the reason Watson is #3 and not down the order is because he's a boundary hitter and he needs that hard ball to assist him in hitting boundaries, also the fact that Australian cricket as a whole has a whole heap of openers and a whole heap of middle order players, noone really stands out and hits you in the face as a solid #3

For so long Australian cricket was blessed as we had not only a good #3 but one of the best batsmen in the world in Ricky Ponting, ever since then we haven't been able to fill that gap. We've lost other great players too but they've been in positions that have been filled due to having players good enough to do a job in that position. We just lack world class #3 batsmen and as such Watson is the scape goat, it could be anyone failing in that position but it just happens to be an injury prone Shane Watson whose best runs have been in situations that weren't really high pressure situations.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They also both hit about the same number of centuries :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I believe our No 3 should be some one who can take control of the game like Punter used to, and not just make tons but big ones He should be able to play spin equally as well as pace and should be a good player of the short ball and not intimidated by it.

Tough ask to fill that formula which is why Punter set the bar pretty high.

I dont care whether the batsman used to abt at 1 or 6 but if he can tick alot of the boxes he can do a job.

I dont know if Burns will be the answer but not a bad idea to blood him at 6 rather then have the pressure of batting at 3 in his first test, also being a boxing day test is a big deal.

As for Sunshine preferring a hard ball to a soft one, ffs that will do me. Why is it all about him ?

Burns is an opener, yet the hard ball suits Watson better ? Sick of reading about this prima donna

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
One thing for sure Watson is not the answer.

Seems it will be cloudy today and clear for the next two.

Bowl first.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Smiffy wont bowl first, not at the G, its generally a batsman's pitch and if they cant handle a bit if swing, they shouldn't be opening.

We shall see.

2sb0awp.jpg