What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne born player to debut tonight

BunniesMan

Immortal
Something I'm curious about: what's the go with his Origin eligibility? Uncharted territory here. Does he get to play for whoever he wants/whoever picks him first?

Paullyboy

Coach
He should be in eligible.

Sick of people wanting to play origin just because it's cool. Its for queenslanders and NSW players.

Parra

Referee
SG Ball for Canberra Raiders. Does this come into it? Do Melbourne have any teams for U18's to play in or do they all have to head north to learn the game?

Paullyboy

Coach
I hate that kiwis play. If you grew up somewhere that's different, but if this kid grew up in Melbourne he has no place in origin.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If Kiwi born and Fiji born players can be NSW or QLD why can't a Victorian born?

And harsh to exclude him from 50k a game payments.

WayneBennett

Juniors
Its simple. Make a third rep side outta the rest, call em the Barbarians or even The Bogans.

Bogans can wear a Flanno looking strip, be sponsored by Holden and Four and Twenty, and the game could be played in Campbelltown

meltiger

First Grade
SG Ball for Canberra Raiders. Does this come into it? Do Melbourne have any teams for U18's to play in or do they all have to head north to learn the game?

I was only half listening to them when they were talking about that, did they really say Canberra? Melbourne do have their own SG Ball outfit so that's quite odd.

Had a nervous first half, has been good in the second. Good take on a bomb earlier, big tackle on Idris where he knocked on. Looks good for a bloke who will have had to put up with second rate coaches until he hit 16yo

Latest posts