What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne born player to debut tonight

hutch

First Grade
Good to see some supposed rugby league fans turn this good news for the code into an origin wankfest or anti Melbourne dribble. Instead of bagging the bloke, he should be commended for making it to the nrl against bigger odds than most and creating a pathway for other Victorian players.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Yeah he's apparently available for NSW because of the SG ball but Im sure Vossy said if he played in some comp in Victoria first he wouldn't be eligible for either origin team lol

Brutus

Referee
Good to see some supposed rugby league fans turn this good news for the code into an origin wankfest or anti Melbourne dribble. Instead of bagging the bloke, he should be commended for making it to the nrl against bigger odds than most and creating a pathway for other Victorian players.

Agree. I'm so over the Origin wankfest.

All this ongoing crap in the media about the NSW coach is boring me to tears. The focus should be on the NRL's finals race.

Big Pete

Referee
Mahe isn't really a winger and you could tell because his positioning was fairly poor out there. He did some good things though, took a wonderful catch under the high ball but he's obviously a work in progress I was just happy to see Craig give the young kid a shot.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Disappointing to see players get a game based on where they were born. He isn't first grade standard yet.

Noa

First Grade
Mahe isn't really a winger and you could tell because his positioning was fairly poor out there. He did some good things though, took a wonderful catch under the high ball but he's obviously a work in progress I was just happy to see Craig give the young kid a shot.

His future is in the forwards. I actually think the storm have done him a disservice by persisting with him in the backs.

Certainly young and kennar are far better outside back prospects.

Canard

Immortal
Disappointing to see players get a game based on where they were born. He isn't first grade standard yet.

Surely even your not naive enough to believe that an NRL coach would select someone solely on that basis alone.

Went no worse than Everingham went last night either.

Big Pete

Referee
I still think he has something to offer in the backs for the time being.

I really don't see anything in Tonumaipea other than a work-rate but still early days.

What happened to Denny Solomona?

Dr_Deez

Juniors
Stoked to see Family crack the NRL, really proud to see Mahe crack first grade, his little cousin couldn't stop talking about him today at junior league. Played a strong 2nd half, easily replace Neilson next season. way to go Mahe.

Noa

First Grade
I still think he has something to offer in the backs for the time being.

I really don't see anything in Tonumaipea other than a work-rate but still early days.

What happened to Denny Solomona?

Seen a lot young's games have we pete.

And Solomona has been injured and poorly coached.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Surely even your not naive enough to believe that an NRL coach would select someone solely on that basis alone.

Went no worse than Everingham went last night either.
He looks way too raw. That club is famous for its development. I struggle to believe they didn't have a more ready prospect.

Loudstrat

Coach
He played for Victoria under 15's and 18's beforehe went to Canberra for a couple of years so he didn't have to go north to "learn the game" As he was obviously very adept at it before he left.....

Now where is El dribble that said there'd never be a born and bred Melbourne player to run out for the Storm? :lol:
Bred in Canberra - as you said.

How are nswrl investing in them? Storm/WARL are funding them. Flights are cheaper and travel times less, that's the main reason.
WTF have the WARL got to do with this?

To answer your question - he played for Canberra in SG Ball.

Now in your rant - tell us again how Inglis was purely a QLD investment? :lol:

At Last the Melbourne Storm are finally going about it the right way.

You can't seriously expect Melbournians to have passion for a team of transplanted New South Welshmen, Queenslanders and Kiwis...

Lambretta

First Grade

There goes that amazing Mensa IQ again

Did Melbourne have any first grade choice wingers injured perhaps?
Maybe the coach picked the best player he had available given other players weren't available?

I thought the kid went ok in the end. He made some mistakes early, but he recovered in the second half and was unlucky not to score. A bit more experience in the first grade and hopefully he'll come good.

azza29

Juniors

Plenty of seasoned first grade players have had worse games than Fonua last night. Some nerves in the first half but played a solid second 40 and came very close to a debut try.

simostorm

Bench
Made some mistakes.. i thought the Titans were very good and were very tough in defence, they targeted Fonua under the high ball.. he'll improve.. i can see him being a good solid player in the future.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He looked no worse than Vatuvei and he is lauded as a great winger and is in first grade every week!