What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Cup

Moffo

Referee
I don't like the favourites this year

I like a tidy little proposition that worked its way home very nicely from last in the caulfield cup. Get it out on a longer straight and watch it go

At 30/1, I am excited

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Doubt he will get a run, it's far to hard for the locals to get a light weight chance in the cup. But if you are a European that has won a 3 horse donkey race in York you are in!!

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I got a superfecta on a dog race once. It paid $94.70

Hahahaha!!!

I took a Superfecta on the Nowra races in the mid 1990s when the pool jackpotted and built up to over $350K. The f**king outsider won in a seven horse race....typical.

Result....quite a few $100s down the spout.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Anyway, back to the Cup.....

I've always had my eye on Fiorente during the past two months. OK, it might be $5.50 fav, but jeez doesn't it deserve to be fav?

Maybe.....better form than most coming into the race.

And if that nag, Precedence gets a run.....I'll be fuming. Let's throw in Wazn carrying the five kgs of Ouroene's ashes on its back to win the Melbourne Cup!!!!

Moffo

Referee
I've burnt so much cash on precedence...if the f**ker makes it and wins I will neck myself!

Moffo

Referee
Anyway, back to the Cup.....

I've always had my eye on Fiorente during the past two months. OK, it might be $5.50 fav, but jeez doesn't it deserve to be fav?

Maybe.....better form than most coming into the race.

And if that nag, Precedence gets a run.....I'll be fuming. Let's throw in Wazn carrying the five kgs of Ouroene's ashes on its back to win the Melbourne Cup!!!!

It probably does but I can't touch 5.5 about it. No value

Sphagnum

Coach
Hawkspur for me. Sick of all the excuses for Fiorente. It has literally had one for every start in Australia. There'll be another one on Tuesday I imagine. Hawkspur ran a great MC trial in the CC. 3200m is a question mark. Pumper struggling to ride his 100th group 1 is also a problem. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll ride his 100th on Zoustar. Even though I think it is no chance.

Sphagnum

Coach
Thinking of boxing the top 12-13 runners and throwing a $100 on, even if I only get 5% could still pay a bit.

My mate takes all the odds in a first 4 and then all the evens in a separate one. Got up a few years ago and paid a shitload.

It was the year viewed won.

Last edited:

Moffo

Referee
Don't know if it's the right distance for it...who is fav?

Might look to wait for the big one on tuesday

Latest posts