What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm alleged incident

The NRL has been made aware of a video on social media that allegedly shows Melbourne Storm players in a room where there is a white substance on a table.

Nine journalist Danny Weidler tweeted, "(it's) too early to say investigation launched", but the integrity unit has been notified.

"Having seen the video it's not a great look," Weidler said.

"Another concern is they have been betrayed by people in the room with them."

News Corp reports the video shows two Storm players in a room which has at least six people in it, including the person filming.

The Storm were bundled out of the premiership race on Saturday in a 10-6 loss to Penrith.

MOD NOTE: Do not post the video, and do not name names.

Last edited:

Headless Chook

Juniors
I think a lot of people are missing the point here.........trying to mount an argument that it should be okay to take drugs. The real point here is that these guys are meant to, and very well paid to be professional athletes and they are carrying on like amateurs. Then they trot out the old "but we are young and should be able to have fun" line. That one makes me laugh. Cant have the cake and eat it too boys. If you want to be a professional sportsman then behave like one....its that simple really! If you don't then the consequences must follow.
Totally agree. It’s not like the 70’s where players used to turn up to training after work and if they won on the weekend they got $200 when no one gave a stuff what players got up to in their spare time.

Some of them honestly don’t know how good they’ve got it. A successful NRL career can set you up for life. Those on massive coin, feel free by all means to get a job somewhere else and do as many lines as you want if that’s your thing. No one’s stopping you.

AJB1102

First Grade
Agreed, not a lot of exploitation of women, theft, shootings, gang violence and stand over tactics related to iPhones happening in Australia though.
True. But that's what happens when you prohibit things with high demand. A black market is created which is so criminal and lucrative it requires the most brazen and criminal to operate in and violence naturally reigns supreme. If the cops take down one supplier all the rest go to war for that piece of turf.

But if we're only caring about the effects in Australia then I don't particularly care if bikies are hurting each other. Not sure how coke and exploitation of women are heavily linked in Australia, and I'd reckon iPhone theft would be pretty high.

A 'war on drugs' was declared. Don't declare war without expecting casualties.

AJB1102

First Grade
Cough ben cousins cough. Plenty of examples of where a little rec use can lead.
Yep some merkins aren't made for it. If your 1 example counts then I give you me and dozens of friends and acquaintances who didn't wind up so f**ked from rec use they played AFL.

Cousins was a meth head. Very different.

AJB1102

First Grade
Even if that were all true. They represent the Storm and the NRL and I am sure they have clauses in place to cover this stuff. Mitchell Pearce never actually rooted that dog but got done regardless.

Further to this, the drug (if it was a drug) is currently illegal whether you agree with that or not. If the NRL did nothing about it they would be seen to be accepting and even endorsing the use of illegal substances.

Sponsors have their say also and need to uphold clean family friendly images.

There is no point arguing the morality of drug use, legalising it etc etc with anyone either way. Because the other side will never agree.

The fact is, it is illegal currently, if they have snorted coke or not should be decided by a drug test regardless of it they say now it was icing sugar or coke. Then, whatever ramifications happen from there so be it.

And finally, these blokes don't have to play league and put their hand out for hundreds of thousands of dollars per year to do so. But they do, and that comes with responsibility. Otherwise, they can go and do whatever low profile career they want and nobody would give a crap if they snort talcum powder or not.
Mate you're right. I get all this. The part I highlight in your post is probably my gripe. Very few actually give a toss about the legality but are concerned about the optics, so to improve that and/or to push their point pretend to care that its illegal.

I'll go back to my first post in this thread: Does any reasonable person give a f**k if someone wants to snort coke anymore?

I believe the answer is something like "no, just be responsible don't over do it and don't bloody film it you twit".

The effects of snorting a $300 bag of coke won't hurt them or their families more than the fine and stigma that results.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Mate you're right. I get all this. The part I highlight in your post is probably my gripe. Very few actually give a toss about the legality but are concerned about the optics, so to improve that and/or to push their point pretend to care that its illegal.

I'll go back to my first post in this thread: Does any reasonable person give a f**k if someone wants to snort coke anymore?

I believe the answer is something like "no, just be responsible don't over do it and don't bloody film it you twit".

The effects of snorting a $300 bag of coke won't hurt them or their families more than the fine and stigma that results.
I do.
People are horrible to be around when on that crap. You and your giggling bunch of cock grabbing mates might think you are cool, the rest of us see a desperate loser.

Frankus

Juniors
Ex New York Yankees short stop Derek Jeter made people put their phones in basket if he was having a party etc. If you couldn’t be without your phone, no entry. That applied to everyone who was there.

I reckon it might start happening here.
Kyle Sandilands does the same thing. Phones at door or a home or no entry.

kdalymc

Bench
Just stupid.

If these idiots are going to have "private celebrations" - they should make a simple rule that all mobile phones, devices, cameras etc are locked away until it's over.

Trying to get a 20-something-year-old to part with their mobile phone might be like trying to take a bone from a pitbull, but it's as simple as that. Phones are like loaded guns.

They should be charged with Grade 5 stupidity. And the gronk who took the footage be banished to Siberia..
Or just don't do coke

myrrh ken

First Grade
Guess we shouldn't be surprised to see Munt-ster kicking on. He loves a good kick don't he?

Last edited:

Latest posts