What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm V super 15 rugby

Canard

Immortal
He does have a good point. Many top business people or old family money people went to private schools and then Uni's where RU is the number one game. They grew up with it and therefore have an affinity to it (just go to a game at twickenham, the silver spoons are litearally falling out of mouths everywhere! This does give RU a very direct link to $'s and sponsors. The Western Force have had a very good financial run due to this and no doubt the same will be the case for the Rebels.

I agree with this 100%, I was just saying its a stretch to far to say that Melbourne is full of Rhodes scholars and Oxbridge graduates.

I think its more the posh private school graduates.

bobmar28

Bench
They seriously cannot fathom the absence of blanket coverage of their code in NSW and QLD when it's painfully obvious to most who actually live in those states that AFL receives (pays for) much more media than it deserves.

Or gets for free on the ABC.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I think the last two expansions in Union and AFL show that we need to be next to expand. Infact, we should have expanded before the Super 15 team.

Ulysseus

Bench
i wonder how many years of millions wasted and sub 5000 crowds they can endure before they pull the pin.

Good point, I doubt they will be able to prop this sh*t up for as long as the NRL have propped the Storm up.
Maybe they can merge and then FINALLY be a self sufficient unit that doesn't require funding.

Latest posts