What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm vs Manly Sea Eagles-- Live Updates *spoilers* inc Lower Grades

Cletus

First Grade
I didn't think Watmough was that bad really, he just seems to have been dropping the ball twice a game this year. Not good but I don't think that makes him a bad player.

Onan the barbarian said:
I didn't think Watmough was that bad really, he just seems to have been dropping the ball twice a game this year. Not good but I don't think that makes him a bad player.

His defence was fairly poor tonight IMO. Probably being a bit harsh on the bloke though. On a night were there isnt much to nit pick on individual players, I'm probably getting carried away and taking whatever I can out on Choco. My bad boys! I just thought he had a fairly ordinary game.

MSIH

Bench
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
You can't honestly say Watmough played well! :crazy:

He wasn't as bad as you made out. All I can remember is a dropped ball and a penalty that was dodgy at best. Slater acting like a poonce deserved to get nailed.

Made some good hits, runs and tried his arse off. Still think he's carrying an injury, but you won't see him having a bludge out there, or taking a few weeks off ala Princess.

Cletus

First Grade
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
His defence was fairly poor tonight IMO. Probably being a bit harsh on the bloke though. On a night were there isnt much to nit pick on individual players, I'm probably getting carried away and taking whatever I can out on Choco. My bad boys! I just thought he had a fairly ordinary game.

Nah, you're entitled to you're opinion;-) .

That stupid late hit on (can't remember who it was) and then on the next set they scored, really annoyed me. And then very poor defensive options. Arm grabbing stuff. And then lost balls, stupid errors when in possession. Probably all compounded into my first post. Dunley's discipline is appalling, he is truly a grub! Big Call, but honestly, this bloke will not learn!

Ice777

Bench
All credit to Manly, they were very gallant in defeat tonight but the Storm just had that little bit too much for them. I think the Sea Eagles will go alot further than most teams in the finals and they'll be very worthy opponents whoever they face. I thought they were a bit undicsiplined tonight and they gave Billy especially a hard time, but that's up to the powers that be and it'd be a shame if they lose players this close to the finals.

Ice777 said:
I thought they were a bit undisiplined tonight

I agree, Dessie must get up the boys on their discipline. It cost them bigtime tonight. But you'd rather it cost them now, rather in the semis.

Ice777

Bench
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
I agree, Dessie must get up the boys on their discipline. It cost them bigtime tonight. But you'd rather it cost them now, rather in the semis.

It's nice to see you understood i wasn't being a smartarse when i said that. You're right, you can't take that stuff into the semi's and costing you a game but in saying that i don't think they will because there's far too much to lose if they do.

Ice777 said:
It's nice to see you understood i wasn't being a smartarse when i said that. You're right, you can't take that stuff into the semi's and costing you a game but in saying that i don't think they will because there's far too much to lose if they do.

And the worst thing about it is, Dunley does it every week!!! It just gets so frustrating, his kniggling in the play the ball and him giving away stupid penalties normally cost us each week. If BK returns next week, which i suspect he will, Dunley WILL and SHOULD NOT be in the 17 picked.

c_eagle

Juniors
I thought it was a really high quality attacking game of football. Congrats to Melbourne for having an extra gear. Take away the home advantage, add BK and the two teams are very very close. Yikes, I'm excited about this finals series. I'm usually completely devastated at this point of the year as I face the prospect of a dry, hot Manly-less summer.

LESStar58

Referee
Was a fantastic game! I'd rather it be close than it be the Storm in a cake walk. i think the final score really reflected on the quality of the game.

Was a little disappointed to hear the crowd booing David Gallop when he got up to present the shield.

Bring on the Parrascum next week!

Just outta interest....does anyone know how to say "kiss my arse" in Icelandic?

Ice777

Bench
LESStar58 said:
Just outta interest....does anyone know how to say "kiss my arse" in Icelandic?

Just kiss my arse Fitzy will do and i can only hope his sorry arse is in the Lazarus stand to witness it :clap:

philstorm

Juniors
What a great game. As Junior said, Manly played alot better than when they beat the Dogs last weekend, so they can take a hell of alot out of this. They'll definitely be in the Preliminary's for mine, it's just a matter of injury management and working on their fitness levels (particularly in the second half I felt).

Other notes:

Manly:
Dunley is a dirty dog,
Matai has really come on in leaps and bounds this year,
Georgie Rose is amazing!,

Storm:
Brett White just keeps getting better and better and better ...
Antonio Kaufusi - See above

I'm just so proud of the forward pack. Week in and week out our backs get all the kudos, but guys like Crossman, Kaufusi, Hoffman and Johnson are just youngsters and will all hopefully have bright futures ahead of them! :)

Great game Manly.

c_eagle

Juniors
I'd say for the first time in his career, Inglis has lost the battle with his opposing centre. I'm of the opinion that Matai won on points.

As for Melbourne, there's no other team within cooee of them atm. The Bulldogs are hit with injuries. The Knights seem weak mentally at crucial moments. The Broncos could possibly be their major obstacle but you'd be a brave man to steck your neck out for the Broncos in September.

I think we'd have beaten 13 other teams tonight, which goes to show.

Ice777

Bench
philstorm said:
Storm:
Brett White just keeps getting better and better and better ...
Antonio Kaufusi - See above

I'm just so proud of the forward pack. Week in and week out our backs get all the kudos, but guys like Crossman, Kaufusi, Hoffman and Johnson are just youngsters and will all hopefully have bright futures ahead of them! :)

Great game Manly.

Forwards? We have no forwards do we? Well we know very well that we have an excellent forward pack that can match it with the best of them and can match it with the biggest names. I'm sure the opposition players know how good our pack is, you don't finish 4 games clear without a very good pack. It's the opposition supporters that under rate our pack and give it very little respect. You'd reckon most of them would've learnt by now. under rate our pack at your own peril, but while i think oppositition supporters may, the teams we play against never will ;-)

I'll agree with you on Manly, they played a great game tonight.

c_eagle said:
I think we'd have beaten 13 other teams tonight, which goes to show.

Very good point c_eagle. I think whilst despite doing some silly things, we probably would have beaten most other teams, and to think, so much improvement to go!!

Latest posts