What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memberships

What does it actually mean to be a 'member'? It's a season ticket holder right? The season ticket holders are what they're talking about when they talk 'members' and not just a member of the leagues club, right? Say Collingwood, who go on about they're 30,000+ members, that's 30,000 season ticket holders, right? (Damn, go figure??) What are the benefits, members? Could someone clear that up for us please? Also the Parraeels.com bulletin board is down for good now hey? It went back up early January but it's totally gone now? Anyway, thanks & Go Parra!

mickdo

Coach
Depends. I'm a member of the Football club, not the supporters club and not an STH. I would doubt they would be talking about STH's... probably supporters club members.

When the NRL are talking about Memberships and the Referral goes to the Parramatta Club, I do believe we are talking about Season Ticket Holders (STH).

In Victoria where there is a Culture of going to the Football, yes Clubs like Collingwood have 30,000 Members. In Differing Levels for Different Seating Arrangements.

STH's Benefits are.
Parraeels.com.au said:
http://www.parraeels.com.au/gameday/gameday-season.shtml
A discount of 30% off the price of purchasing 12 full-priced tickets (one for each home game).
Avoid the disappointment of missing out on your favourite seats as your seats are reserved for all home games played at Parramatta Stadium.
Preferential buying periods for NRL Grand Final, NRL Finals Series and State of Origin Tickets.
Access to discounted tickets at away venues (subject to venue's own terms and conditions).
Chance to win great prizes on gameday.
Exclusive newsletter mailed to your door.
Regular e-newsletters with team updates, corporate partner special offers and other information (email address must be provided)
Invitation to exclusive Season Ticket Holder / Blue and Gold Army event.
10% discount at Parra Footy Heaven at Parramatta Leagues Club.
An exclusive season ticket holder gift. (This year it is a Car Sun Visor).

Which is Pretty much the Same as Blue and Gold Army Membership.

Parraeels.com.au said:
http://www.parraeels.com.au/supporters/supportersclub.shtml
Exclusive Blue and Gold Army Supporters Club Card

2007 Parramatta National Rugby League Year Book (first time this has been offered to the public, a great collector's item)

Four (4) newsletters posted to your door (new for 2008)

Regular e-mail updates with special offers and much more

Discounted tickets to Parramatta Eels home games played at Parramatta Stadium**

Opportunity to win exclusive Blue and Gold Army supporter club prizes at all home games (new for 2008)

Exclusive Blue and Gold Army mouse pad, back sack and sticker

10% discount at Parra Footy Heaven for all Eels merchandise

Invitation to attend 'Meet the Players' event

Invitation to attend 2008 Season Launch and Presentation Night*

** Discounted tickets to Parramatta Eels home games much be purchased 7 days in advance of the game. The discounted rate is 15% off the full adult or concession ticket. Tickets can be purchased from Parramatta League Club Ticketek outlet only.

* Additional cost to attend 2008 Season Launch and Presentation Night

So Apart from the Discount on Tickets, and the Mouse pad, Back Pack, Sticker and year Book. You get the Same Benefits but without the Same Seat at Parramatta Stadium.

The Main point of Conjecture among fans is that becoming an STH or Blue and Gold Army members does not grant you "membership" to anything that allows you a vote to change the Board. I would believe at Collingwood that is different. But here if you want a vote to change the board, you need to Join the Leagues club or the Football club that Deals with 1/2 of the NSW cup and the District Rep Teams (Harold Matthews and S.G Ball). (I also might be wrong there and the NRL Club (a Sub Company of the leagues club Group could be the one that is in a joint venture with Wenty Leagues to Run the Magpies campaign this year).

Also one last thing to confuse you, the Blue and Gold Army is not the Official Supporters club. That is a Separate Entity run under the leagues club, that has about 60 or so members.

Also This might be helpful to "Compare The Pair"

Grid.JPG

COACH STERLING said:
So how many STH's are there? Does anyone have this info?

I was informed by Jessica R at the club (who Runs Season Tickets and Gameday) that there are 4500 Season Ticket Holders, up approx 10% on last year.

So at the Moment about 22.5 % of Parramatta Stadium is Season Ticket Holders.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
I was informed by Jessica R at the club (who Runs Season Tickets and Gameday) that there are 4500 Season Ticket Holders, up approx 10% on last year.

Go to hear. To be honest, It didn't seem that way when I was watching reggies last year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
In Victoria where there is a Culture of going to the Football, yes Clubs like Collingwood have 30,000 Members. In Differing Levels for Different Seating Arrangements.

do those 30000 Colliwobble members have voting rights as part of their membership packages?

Goey Man

Juniors
I would define the term as members of the Fottball club of which I'm one (No. 432). Benifits would be having a say on how our club is run.

Kazz

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:

Would never be one to argue or disagree with you, but I was told something totally different by someone who works in the 'office' and that in fact season tickets were actually down on last year - but either way, they keep pulling the same crap like making us go to 'home' games at ANZ they will be down a hell of a lot more in time to come - the general consensus around us at the dogs game, people were NOT HAPPY JAN !!! :D

Kazz said:
Would never be one to argue or disagree with you, but I was told something totally different by someone who works in the 'office' and that in fact season tickets were actually down on last year - but either way, they keep pulling the same crap like making us go to 'home' games at ANZ they will be down a hell of a lot more in time to come - the general consensus around us at the dogs game, people were NOT HAPPY JAN !!! :D

That is a Discussion for a whole other thread that has Run its course.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
Yep and they Voted in Eddie.

ok, so regardless of who they voted in, in the end they decided who would be there chairman/president to represent them?

I kinda of lean towards Goey on this one...you know what my definition of a member is ;-)

Stagger eel said:
ok, so regardless of who they voted in the members as a group in the end decided who would be there chairman/president to represent them?

I kinda of lean towards Goey on this one...you know what my definition of a member is ;-)

Yeah but the NRL doesn't seem to agree with you. Or Maybe it is just the Parramatta Club.

Stagger eel

Staff member
hold on, doesn't the Parramatta club have a problem with the NRL using the term "membership" as a marketing tool to entice to fans to be part of their club?

Hellsy

Immortal
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

1986 - If you want to join the football club then click on the link in my signature.... otherwise I think I'll stay out of this thread as my opinion of Parra and memberships is fairly poor :LOL:

Stagger eel said:
hold on, doesn't the Parramatta club have a problem with the NRL using the term "membership" as a marketing tool to entice to fans to be part of their club?

I do not know. Have you heard something I haven't ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
I do not know. Have you heard something I haven't ?

well, we've been through this before haven't we?? didn't they have a problem with the term membership as it doesn't apply to STH and they knocked back being part of the add campaign by the NRL because of it.

Stagger eel said:
well, we've been through this before haven't we?? didn't they have a problem with the term membership as it doesn't apply to STH and they knocked back being part of the add campaign by the NRL because of it.

I think Ross told you something like that, but we don't seem to have any problems with the NRL referring our "Memberships" on www.nrl.com.au/Membership to our Season Ticket Page on the Parraeels.com.au website.