What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memberships

Thanks guys. Yeah Stagger eel, cause on the nrl.com site 'become a member' link, it went straight to 'buy a season ticket' on the Parraeels.com site. And there's no mention of the word 'member' on there. Unlike other teams sites?? I don't know??

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
I think Ross told you something like that, but we don't seem to have any problems with the NRL referring our "Memberships" on www.nrl.com.au/Membership to our Season Ticket Page on the Parraeels.com.au website.

not only Ross, but I actually heard Dennis on the BSB about it, the subject about rugby league memberships was the hot topic and Dennis said something along the lines with "our supporters can find benefits being STH's and they can also joing the Blue and Gold army blah! blah! blah! "

nothing at all about our football membership, which is not suprising really.

Stagger eel

Staff member
1986 U/8's DII MVP said:
Thanks guys. Yeah Stagger eel, cause on the nrl.com site 'become a member' link, it went straight to 'buy a season ticket' on the Parraeels.com site. And there's no mention of the word 'member' on there. Unlike other teams sites?? I don't know??

to be honest mate, I don't know either..and it's still a good question.

Stagger eel said:
not only Ross, but I actually heard Dennis on the BSB about it, the subject about rugby league memberships was the hot topic and Dennis said something along the lines with "our supporters can find benefits being STH's and they can also joing the Blue and Gold army blah! blah! blah! "

nothing at all about our football membership, which is not suprising really.

We could get into a whole debate about Secretive, and to worried about getting voted out here, but we wont as I feel it is pure conjecture.

I think the Club likes to call a spade a spade, can offer Season tickets and a Fan club. If you want membership. Go and get it. Is it well advertised, no. But as I have said before, apart from a Vote after 3 years, 2 Schooners and 2 Booklets (Fin Report and Annual Report). What benefit does it have to the average Punter ? Who likes the eels? The Annual Report in a Cut down version now also goes to Blue and Gold Army members.

From what I remember you believe that the Vote is the most important part of a membership. This is true, but mate, there are bigger things to worry about rather than this.

We have a goal, we have a task, and we have a time frame. Are you on Board?

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
We could get into a whole debate about Secretive, and to worried about getting voted out here, but we wont as I feel it is pure conjecture.

I think the Club likes to call a spade a spade, can offer Season tickets and a Fan club. If you want membership. Go and get it. Is it well advertised, no. But as I have said before, apart from a Vote after 3 years, 2 Schooners and 2 Booklets (Fin Report and Annual Report). What benefit does it have to the average Punter ? Who likes the eels? The Annual Report in a Cut down version now also goes to Blue and Gold Army members.

From what I remember you believe that the Vote is the most important part of a membership. This is true, but mate, there are bigger things to worry about rather than this.

We have a goal, we have a task, and we have a time frame. Are you on Board?

I've been on board for a while and to be honest I'd love for plenty of other people to be on board as well, I'd love for all of us to have a say, a sense of ownership, a voting right which goes with the cute trimmings that B&G army and STH's get?

Helen did an amazing job entising plenty of punters to fork out $15.00 to join then a year after she enitces 150 odd people to join the club suddenly increase their cost to $25.00 and now am reliably informed that they no longer send renewl or reminder notices, the whole things seems very strange to me.

Stagger eel said:
I've been on board for a while and to be honest I'd love for plenty of other people to be on board as well, I'd love for all of us to have a say, a sense of ownership, a voting right which goes with the cute trimmings that B&G army and STH's get?

Helen did an amazing job entising plenty of punters to fork out $15.00 to join then a year after she enitces 150 odd people to join the club suddenly increase their cost to $25.00 and now am reliably informed that they no longer send renewl or reminder notices, the whole things seems very strange to me.

I don't think you are on board with what I am talking about. . . .

Back to the topic.

I got my renewal form last year. Did you?

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
I don't think you are on board with what I am talking about. . . .

Back to the topic.

I got my renewal form last year. Did you?

I actually can't remember, but I did renew at the AGM and my badge wasn't ready at the time...

so what are you talking about?

Stagger eel said:
I actually can't remember, but I did renew at the AGM and my badge wasn't ready at the time...

so what are you talking about?

I renewed at the AGM also but I bring all my documentation, as such I bought my renewal form. It sits in a Folder at home. They were sent out.

Maybe you missed the bit where Kevin Wise had to apologise for a number of members for their names not making the Annual report and the incorrect number of members reported in the Fin report due to an error with the Membership Database which at the time was still being rectified.

As to what am I talking about that is exactly what I will do. Nothing Written. We will catch up on Friday.

Hellsy

Immortal
Im pretty sure the renewals go out, but I don't think they send reminders - and that is fair enough. You dont get reminders to renew alot of things.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
Im pretty sure the renewals go out, but I don't think they send reminders - and that is fair enough. You dont get reminders to renew alot of things.

I actually said reminders or renewals, but you obviously get renewals, i just don't remember getting mine, all I know my badge wasn't ready at the AGM which wasn't a big deal as I got it within 5 days after I re-joined.

So Stagger, I guess the way forward for you is Clear at next years AGM? Move a Motion from the floor that Membership to the Football club be included to all Season Ticket Holders at an increase to the cost. If they are under 18 then allow them membership as associate members. Unless you are a current Member of the Football club you still must serve a 3 years Waiting Period. Once you Turn 18 even if you have been an associate member for over 3 years you must still wait the 3 years to vote.

Benefits to members is a Vote, 2 Free Drinks and the Reports.
Costs to Members is additional fee added into the Season ticket.

Benefits to Football club, Increase membership and funds to support local league, putting less financial pressure on the leagues club and the Ability to Participate in the Major Marketing Campaign for the National League

Costs to Club, Ensuring Each Season ticket Holder has a Name and is a Valid ID. Those with Spare seats will have to assign a name to them of a valid person and basically gift them a membership to the Football club.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
So Stagger, I guess the way forward for you is Clear at next years AGM? Move a Motion from the floor that Membership to the Football club be included to all Season Ticket Holders at an increase to the cost. If they are under 18 then allow them membership as associate members. Unless you are a current Member of the Football club you still must serve a 3 years Waiting Period. Once you Turn 18 even if you have been an associate member for over 3 years you must still wait the 3 years to vote.

Benefits to members is a Vote, 2 Free Drinks and the Reports.
Costs to Members is additional fee added into the Season ticket.

Benefits to Football club, Increase membership and funds to support local league, putting less financial pressure on the leagues club and the Ability to Participate in the Major Marketing Campaign for the National League

Costs to Club, Ensuring Each Season ticket Holder has a Name and is a Valid ID. Those with Spare seats will have to assign a name to them of a valid person and basically gift them a membership to the Football club.

well, if you say so..I have indicated that we can package it to suit each individual need and have our coporate partners involved in the package also.

more importantly membership should extend to the NRL side of things as well as the PDJRL.

I mean lets get serious for a moment, as it currently stands none of us have a say on what we we want/expect from our footy club and the board aren't accountable to anyone and if they were, than as it is, no one knows anything about what we need to do voice our disapproval.

Stagger eel said:
well, if you say so..I have indicated that we can package it to suit each individual need and have our coporate partners involved in the package also.

more importantly membership should extend to the NRL side of things as well as the PDJRL.

I mean lets get serious for a moment, as it currently stands none of us have a say on what we we want/expect from our footy club and the board aren't accountable to anyone and if they were, than as it is, no one knows anything about what we need to do voice our disapproval.

Yeah yeah but then this gets convoluted in other Politics with the NRL side and the PDJRL. You want the Football Club to become a Child Club of the PLCG? as well as the PDJRL?

Further to that, If we want to voice our disapproval, at what Level are we talking about? The Board the Coach, the Players what?

fish eel said:
Which club does footy club membership give you a say in again?

I am trying to Verify that but I believe that the By-Laws of the Leagues club States that 3 Directors of the Football Club must be Directors of the Leagues Club. But again I am trying to Verify.

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
I am trying to Verify that but I believe that the By-Laws of the Leagues club States that 3 Directors of the Football Club must be Directors of the Leagues Club. But again I am trying to Verify.

so, its maybe a partial say in the NRL side.

for $25 a year.....