What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memberships

carson

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
And for those wondering this is how it all looks as a Structure

ParraStructure.jpg

"First let me assure you that this is not one of those shady pyramid schemes you've been hearing about. No sir, our model is the trapezoid"

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
So, our ability to change three members of the board would still not be enough to be a majority. Is that correct?

Suity

well, I guess if you form a ticket and get 3 members in it would still be a mjaor coup.

emjaycee

Coach
A quick look at some of the other sites linked from the NRL Members page shows:
- Bronco's, Eels, Cowboys are all links to STH sites
- Dragons and Bunnies link to STH site but also have options of B&G Army type memberships (i.e no Season Ticket option). My bet is both are included in the count of members for these 2 clubs whilst others only count the STH's as members.

fish eel

Immortal
In terms of having 'say', and doing things like Mark mentioned, ie protecting the grant to the football club or NRL team side of things, given the footy club have three members put on the leagues club board, isnt the best way to influence and protect football club interests through the leagues club?

ie, ensure that as well as footy club appointees to the board, other leagues club board members are elected who have the footy side of things as their key or one of key interests?

fish eel said:
In terms of having 'say', and doing things like Mark mentioned, ie protecting the grant to the football club or NRL team side of things, given the footy club have three members put on the leagues club board, isnt the best way to influence and protect football club interests through the leagues club?

ie, ensure that as well as footy club appointees to the board, other leagues club board members are elected who have the footy side of things as their key or one of key interests?

Indeed, that is what I am happy that the current Board is the same board for both parties.

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:

To be honest, that is explained very poorly. :?
Plain English please.

Suity

I found out a Fun new piece of information today.

The 3 Directors Rules are in the By-laws of each group and. . . . .

The Chairman of Must Be a director of Both organisation. So to be the Chairman of Parramatta Leagues you have to be a Director of the Parramatta Football Club as well. The Same is true for the Football club, the Chairman must be a Director of the Leagues Club as well.

Currently as we all know the Chairman is Alan Overton. But with the Current Boards Serving, Any Director could be the Chairman.

fish eel

Immortal
Suitman said:
To be honest, that is explained very poorly. :?
Plain English please.

Suity

Leagues club board control the NRL side.

Footy club have a minority on the leagues club board. By their nature, I'd assume footy club board members have footy as their priority.

Thereby, the best way to influence and secure leagues club support for the football side of things, is to ensure, through leagues club elections, that the remaining leagues club board members also have football as their key interest.

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:
Leagues club board control the NRL side.

Footy club have a minority on the leagues club board. By their nature, I'd assume footy club board members have footy as their priority.

Thereby, the best way to influence and secure leagues club support for the football side of things, is to ensure, through leagues club elections, that the remaining leagues club board members also have football as their key interest.

That makes much more sense.
And, in theory, you'd be right. But I assume that each board only has the interests of their own concern at heart atm. So, do only Leagues Club members get to vote for the Leagues Club Board?

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
Suitman said:
And, in theory, you'd be right. But I assume that each board only has the interests of their own concern at heart atm. So, do only Leagues Club members get to vote for the Leagues Club Board?

Suity

I would think so.

Suitman said:

Suity

Yes and here is another interesting Stat for everyone to Chew on.

35,000 Leagues club members,

Less that 1000 Football club members.

Also I have a tip that there is some Red Ink going to show up in the Leagues Club Finacial Report due out this month. The Tip is it might have 6 Zero's and start with a 4.

Suitman said:
In the millions????
We must be paying Denis too much.

Suity

There are two ways I could respond to this.

1) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

or

2) I think we are Paying Morris to much firstly.:crazy:

In 1 I am seen as a Jovial knock about bloke. In 2 I am seen as a Nark. Take your pick Cause I really don't care.

(Mark pats his Black Dog who Sighs).

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
There are two ways I could respond to this.

1) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

or

2) I think we are Paying Morris to much firstly.:crazy:

In 1 I am seen as a Jovial knock about bloke. In 2 I am seen as a Nark. Take your pick Cause I really don't care.

(Mark pats his Black Dog who Sighs).

I look forward to getting this report.

No doubt, it will be followed by much bleating about a certain tax.

But times are changing for leagues clubs.

Pokies, tax or not tax, are no longer the cash cow they once were. The world is closing in on them (well, in Oz anyway), and registered clubs need to think outside their four walls to make money.

There are other Factors, I am sure, but continual Tax increases with laws that limit the time spent on the Machines is another thing, but really lets not beat about the bush. What ever the cause, we need to understand that we are no longer the Rich Leagues club we have always been touted as. Maybe we can realise that some of what the club has been saying for the past 3 years in regards to events and loss of revenue has some merit.

I would also wonder how many of us, go to the club on Non-game days and spend money in the venue, even if it is not with Gaming, on food and drink and general entertainment (I hear the lounge on level 3 is quite nice).

But hey what do I know, I am just some Chump who gets everyone else the information.

Latest posts