What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mental Health

hindy111

Post Whore
I know nothing about this stuff so would anyone care to explain how they work?
It's not like I need it but I like to stay informed.

Well I will tell you a bit about them.

A- Oil will relax every muscle in your body. It's very nice feeling. Comfortable. But you have to have a good mind. If you're worried or nervous then it's going to be amplified. It's all about mind set.

B - Flower will last about 2hrs and hit fast. Its more a mind stoned rather then body. Both are excellent for sleep.

Pros - Sleep becomes so much better.
- Mind hits a re-set
- You laugh how silly life is and how serious some people can be as your perspective is changed and your minds opened up. Just remember tho, once the genies been let out of the bottle you can't get it back in.
- Makes you hormy

Negs - Effects memory.
- Can make lazy / lose motivation
- Potential psychosis.
- Not care attitude

My personal opinion is it is fine if don't heavily dose. For example most people will have an amount so they are stoned. To me that's kind of like getting drunk rather then having 2 drinsk to relax. If you have an amount so you only just feel it then its more then likely safe and only have just before bed. Use it as a mind relaxant and a nice sleeping aid.

I've smoked ON/OFF over the years. I reckon its dangerous for kids as they will smoke far to much and want a wild effect. As an adult you can dose and be smart.

Best bet is taking nothing is best. But life can be hard at times and cannabis ( low doses ) I reckon can be very beneficial. It gets a bad name cause it's very easy drug to abuse and I'd say most users have it to get wacked off their faces.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
My partner has some CBD gummies that she takes just before she goes to bed.
She says her sleep has improved considerably since she began taking them. Which is good because they cost a f**king fortune.

I had issues with sleeping and used to take the standard sleeping tabs called temazepam, they are good for about 4-6 hours but leave you drowsy all the next day which makes it hard to focus at work and 5 hrs sleep is not enough.

Another doctor put me onto Belsomra, it's f**king brilliant, you sleep all night and have no drowsiness the next day. They work totally differently from normal sleeping tablets. Zero side effects.

You have to ask for it and it's not on the so called free list, its about $60 for about 6-8 weeks depending on how often you need them and worth every cent if you've ever suffered from sleep depravity.

hindy111

Post Whore
I had issues with sleeping and used to take the standard sleeping tabs called temazepam, they are good for about 4-6 hours but leave you drowsy all the next day which makes it hard to focus at work and 5 hrs sleep is not enough.

Another doctor put me onto Belsomra, it's f**king brilliant, you sleep all night and have no drowsiness the next day. They work totally differently from normal sleeping tablets. Zero side effects.

You have to ask for it and it's not on the so called free list, its about $60 for about 6-8 weeks depending on how often you need them and worth every cent if you've ever suffered from sleep depravity.

Did sleep issues go away? I've used Temezapem and restavit for sleep . They concern me as ones a benzo and the others not been around long .

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Did sleep issues go away?

yes, its amazing stuff, non addictive and no side effects

BELSOMRA is a prescription medicine that is thought to target and inhibit the action of orexin. Orexin is a neurotransmitter that plays a role in the wake-sleep cycle. BELSOMRA is thought to work by blocking orexin from sending wake signals to other parts of the brain, which could be keeping you from sleeping.

Rocket man

Juniors

I've tried Temazepan and Stilnox.
I've never had a problem the following day with either
I would prefer stilnox to sleep.

Gronk

Staff member
Another inquisitive question.
What does THC and CBD stand for?
THC is the bit in weed that makes you high.

CBD is the oil derived from the flowers of the plant that is the natural supplement taken by some people as an alternative to pharmaceutical solutions to anxiety (amongst other things).

My neurologist prescribes ^^^. Not to me, but I know he does to his patients. So that would not be for anxiety or sleep, it might be for Parkinsons or something like that. Guessing.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not really.

I've seen friends on modern day antidepressants and they turned into zombies with no emotions. It's like they flat lined

That's essentially what they're designed to do - you're right.

They're designed to get people back to a flat state, so that undulations into the negative thoughts patterns are kept to a minimum.

It is not a pleasant way to live, tbh.

T.S Quint

Coach
That's essentially what they're designed to do - you're right.

They're designed to get people back to a flat state, so that undulations into the negative thoughts patterns are kept to a minimum.

It is not a pleasant way to live, tbh.

I can’t imagine it would be.
Is it better than the alternative though?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I can’t imagine it would be.
Is it better than the alternative though?

Yes, and no.

It tends to dull the bad days, but it makes it harder to enjoy the good things.

Case in point - I used to be so into the Eels.

I have not watched a full game in 4 years.

Part of that is having to care for my autistic son, who has high needs, and finding the time is difficult.

But the other contributing factor is that I just don't care that much any more, and it coincides with being on medication.

It's a 50-50, really.

Latest posts