What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mental toughness (or lack thereof)

eel01s

Bench
Sorry Jarryd, but I hope you get suspended for stupidity, let alone the headbutt.

Can you think of another player stupid enough to do what he did? Fair enough, the ref wasn't going to blow a penalty for the late high shot, so why not stay down like he usually does? Parra would have got the penalty, and we could have kept the momentum going.

And to be honest, Hindmarsh deserves criticism for his stupid retaliation too. Against Ennis the serial pest no less.

My point is that once the tide turned, not once did Parra ever look like coming back. At half time it was 14-14, so why couldn't we start over to do what we did in the first 30min?

34 unanswered points. We are mentally pi** weak.

Kearney must recruit players for 2012 and beyond who never give up and wo don't drop their heads whenthings go against them.

You summed it up in four words - we are **** weak.

That was abymsal. Hayne was just plain stupid and will get suspended.

But our 'tackling' after the fight was embarassing. Football is a simple game - but gee, we go to water big time so easily.

barney gumble

Juniors
Hayne was stupid, he'll probably get a week for that too. A little hard on Hindmarsh though, didn't think there was too much in that.

34 unanswered points? well yes, that is lacking mental toughness (and football ability)

Eels Dude

Coach
Brain explosion. Changed the game really. Hayne was brilliant up to that point. What's worse is now we'll be without him for a further couple of weeks.

Eellee

Juniors
Hayne was stupid, he'll probably get a week for that too. A little hard on Hindmarsh though, didn't think there was too much in that.

34 unanswered points? well yes, that is lacking mental toughness (and football ability)
Agreed, Hayne was stupid and the leading with the head even if its love taps is a low class act he needs to get out of his game, fine down the pub if you want a brawl but not on the field when its always going to get punished.

Hindmarsh on the other hand was 10 minutes well spent, Ennis is a grub, a dirty mongrel that is good enough to play his team back into games yet would rather let his dirty mouth put the opposition off. He deserved a smack and deserves to get smashed every time he lets his mouth rather than his football talk, pity was no one backed Hindy up. 2nd half Ennis did what he pleased and smirked off the field a winner, while Hindys heartless team mates let him and supporters down.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sorry Jarryd, but I hope you get suspended for stupidity, let alone the headbutt.

Can you think of another player stupid enough to do what he did? Fair enough, the ref wasn't going to blow a penalty for the late high shot, so why not stay down like he usually does? Parra would have got the penalty, and we could have kept the momentum going.

And to be honest, Hindmarsh deserves criticism for his stupid retaliation too. Against Ennis the serial pest no less.

My point is that once the tide turned, not once did Parra ever look like coming back. At half time it was 14-14, so why couldn't we start over to do what we did in the first 30min?

34 unanswered points. We are mentally pi** weak.

Kearney must recruit players for 2012 and beyond who never give up and wo don't drop their heads whenthings go against them.

We did...

Eelementary

Post Whore
I actually applaud Hayne for standing up for himself. It may not have been the right thing to do, but what would have preferred - for him to stay down milking it like a cat? Not to do anything (and rely that the video ref would have the balls to make the call)?

eel01s

Bench
I would prefer that our best attacking player either play on (like a man) and try to let his football do the talking, or stay down to get the penalty.

Both are smart plays, what he did was beyond stupid. I hope Kearney takes further action against him and that Parra dock his pay for any games he misses.

Parra Guru

Coach
Jarryd Hayne you are a stupid grub. I can't recall another time where I've felt this disgusted by a player wearing our jumper.

What do you do when a player is getting on top of you in a game? Try and throw them off, rough them up a bit.... When you're that player on top, you should probably know that the opposition will do anything to get under your skin.

Before that moment of stupidity, where you headbutted another player for the second time in your young career, we were well on top of the Bulldogs.

Corey Payne pulled off the play of the game just by ruffling your feathers, and you completely let them get on top of you.

You want to be first picked in rep teams, yet you struggle with the basic aspects of mental toughness.

Grow up and start earning the money that you are being paid. This is the Parramatta Eels Football Team, not the Jarryd Hayne show.

CrazyEel

Bench
Jarryd Hayne you are a stupid grub. I can't recall another time where I've felt this disgusted by a player wearing our jumper.

What do you do when a player is getting on top of you in a game? Try and throw them off, rough them up a bit.... When you're that player on top, you should probably know that the opposition will do anything to get under your skin.

Before that moment of stupidity, where you headbutted another player for the second time in your young career, we were well on top of the Bulldogs.

Corey Payne pulled off the play of the game just by ruffling your feathers, and you completely let them get on top of you.

You want to be first picked in rep teams, yet you struggle with the basic aspects of mental toughness.

Grow up and start earning the money that you are being paid. This is the Parramatta Eels Football Team, not the Jarryd Hayne show.
Well said and fully agree with you.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I actually applaud Hayne for standing up for himself. It may not have been the right thing to do, but what would have preferred - for him to stay down milking it like a cat? Not to do anything (and rely that the video ref would have the balls to make the call)?

We were on top man!!! Why the f**k would you do stupid sh*t like that.

Ratchy

Juniors
What tonight showed up glaringly & has all season is the lacking of a clear leader. Hindy is one of Parra's best ever forwards but I don't think he is up there with being a great leader. What else doesn't make his job any easier is there doesn't seem to be much help around him on the field either from other senior players.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Ennis does what he does best... Stupid Hayne and hindmarsh fell for it hook, like and sinker.... Lost us the game!!

Runaround Man

Juniors
Got to hand it to the dogs, they really got down and got dirty when it was needed, and really drove our faces into the dirt.

Wouldn't you love a Parra team do that to the opposition for once....

mrpwnd

Bench

LOL! I've seen players react worse to what Corey Payne did.
Not that it justified anything Hayne did, but if giving a grub who committed a grub act a bit of what he deserved makes you 'disgusted' in Hayne, then that's pretty piss weak.

Maybe watch it again where he comes in late and tries to whack him in the face, had Hayne been injured you'd be swinging the other way.

Some of the blokes around here are more mentally piss weak than the team they constantly criticize.

sh*t performance tonight, get over it.

CrazyEel

Bench
Is Jarryd Hayne a screaming feminist all of a sudden? Have a look at yourselves blokes.
Nope, got no problem with him throwing a right cross and knocking Payne into next week. Just don't condone cats resorting to headbutting, but then I'm just an old timer.

eels bloke

Juniors

*2 sick of pricks picking out Hayne for high shots. Good on him, f**k the refs mate, abysmal clowns of women.

Terrible ref uniform no matter bro.

Last edited:

Parra Guru

Coach
LOL! I've seen players react worse to what Corey Payne did.
Not that it justified anything Hayne did, but if giving a grub who committed a grub act a bit of what he deserved makes you 'disgusted' in Hayne, then that's pretty piss weak.

Maybe watch it again where he comes in late and tries to whack him in the face, had Hayne been injured you'd be swinging the other way.

Some of the blokes around here are more mentally piss weak than the team they constantly criticize.

sh*t performance tonight, get over it.

Yeah it was a bad shot from Payne but it wasn't worth a headbutt. Hayne was lucky he got 10 in the bin... He should have been sent off.

He had us winning the game one minute and lost it for us in that moment of stupidity.

Really something I've taken pride in as a Parra supporter is that we never seem to carry any blokes with sh*t in their game. Now we have Hayne.

Danonthespot

Juniors
Fckn hell it wasn't even a headbutt. Payne rushed in at him and Hayne went for the old nose to nose ala Terry Hill vs Gordon Tallis trick. I don't see how everyone is calling it a headbutt and that Hayne is a grub??
It's the stupid ref's fault for not blowing a penalty with the cheap shot. Hayne was going to stay down as he has done in past weeks to get the penalty, but then Payne chirped up probably called him a pussy and Hayne got up ready for the nose to nose. Of course when you slow it down on TV it's gonna look more dramatic than it is.