What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merged Thread 2

2 True Blues

Coach
Suppose it's a good thing having these all around BYEs in Beam as it gives players the time to recover from injuries if required, and others can get some match time elsewhere if required !!!

girvie

Staff member
Jim Beam Cup: Round 5
Saturday May 20:
1:15pm - Newtown Jets v Asquith Magpies at Henson Park

Sunday May 21:
2:30pm - The Entrance Tigers v Wentworthville Magpies at EDSACC Oval
2:30pm - Cabramatta Two Blues v Windsor Wolves at Cabramatta Sports Ground
4:30pm - Erina Eagles v Sydney Bulls at Erina Oval

Team lists: http://www.nswrl.com.au/uimages/154.pdf

girvie

Staff member
Nfed said:
Girvs, you should be able to keep most of those Asquith players because they are mainly in the A Grade team not Jim Beam, but you will have to show some money if you want Murphy.
I noticed that 5 of the 6 players were selected in Asquith's Jim Beam Cup side this week?

Why do you think these players would prefer to play for Asquith than in the Jersey Flegg competition?

girvie

Staff member
VB Premier League: Round 11
Friday May 19:
5:30pm - St Mary's-Penrith Cougars v Parramatta Eels at CUA Stadium

Saturday May 20:
3:00pm - Newtown Jets v South Sydney Rabbitohs at Henson Park
3:30pm - Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers v Wests Magpies at Leichhardt Oval
5:15pm - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v North Sydney Bears at Brookvale Oval
5:30pm - Newcastle Knights v Canberra Raiders at EnergyAustralia Stadium

Sunday May 21:
12:30pm - Bulldogs v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks at Telstra Stadium

Team lists: http://www.nswrl.com.au/uimages/152.pdf

mightydragon

Juniors
Interesting to see that Eddie Flahey and Warren Beaumont are listed as coaches for Cabra's JB Cup team this week and not Alchin. Wonder what the go is there?

Nfed

Juniors
Girvie said
I noticed that 5 of the 6 players were selected in Asquith's Jim Beam Cup side this week?

Why do you think these players would prefer to play for Asquith than in the Jersey Flegg competition?

There are 10 players that never go past Flegg for every one that gets to NRL. So if you dont think you are the one why not go straight to senior football and get paid accordingly rather than playing junior reps. Murphy played Flegg for Parra and he and Mansour, Watson & Erickson all come from Hills District, and a number of the other Asquith players are from Parra clubs where Horo was the coach of the development team a few years ago.

But where are all the players from the first few games? Ly broke his arm but where are Steve Mathews, Cooper Mateo, Joe Swamy, Sean Storie, Simon Greaves and Brad Clark. Horo got rid of most of the senior players last year. This ageism thing is quite surprising considering he played Metro at 38 and had another 4 years in A grade after that.

I could be wrong but he might reconsider his "boys" theory if he gets the wooden spoon.

Nugby

Juniors
Considering a few regulars would make their way into First Grade this week I'd be hesitant to put my tips in, but out of interest, is there a bit of feeling in the Wests v Balmain game considering Balmain plunders any good Wests juniors?