What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

dice

Juniors
What happens if St Merge wins on Sunday?

Do the records show this as their first ever premiership, or does it get added to pre-merger tallies for both Saints and Steelers, or added and divided by 2?

CMUX

What happens if St Merge wins on Sunday?

Do the records show this as their first ever premiership, or does it get added to pre-merger tallies for both Saints and Steelers, or added and divided by 2?

Lol doing a bit of fishing?

Notam

Juniors
what happens if st merge wins on sunday?

Do the records show this as their first ever premiership, or does it get added to pre-merger tallies for both saints and steelers, or added and divided by 2?
#div/0

Quite simple.

West Magpies
St.George Dragons
Balmain Tigers
Illawarra Steelers

are now defunct NRL identities.

West Tigers & St.George Illawarra Dragons are the new identities that have emerged from those Clubs.

If St.George Illawarra Dragons win the Grand Final it will be their maiden premiership.

Hope that helps.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It will be the first premiership for St George Illawarra, on top of the 15 the St George Dragons won between 1921 and 1979.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You're saying St George Dragons didn't win 15 premierships between their inception and 1979? :?

ouwet

Bench
Wests Tigers won there 1st premiership in 2005 and if St George Illawarra win on sunday it'll be there 1st premiership!!! Let's hope they don't :)

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Fishing's good this week. Must try my hand some time and see if anything bites...

BunniesMan

Immortal
That's the thing with mergers. While the history doesn't disappear, it stops counting. Premiership tallies, all time leading try scorers, point scorers, games played etc don't count. In terms of what they've done on the field only what's happened after the merger matters. So this will be STI's first premiership, if they win. Hopefully they won't.

Tom Ace

Bench
Can we all please just relax. There's not enough relaxing in this day and age.

Brian Smith agrees

739799-brian-smith.jpg

CyberKev

Staff member
I think its quite clear that if the Dragons win on Sunday it will be the first premiership in the club's 11 year existence...

And if the Dragons lose on Sunday it will be a record equalling sixth loss from the club's last 6 GF appearances during its 31 year premiership drought.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. CyberKev's right. The Saints haters want it both ways.

To the OP, as if a brown-shirt opposition supporter is going to make a difference to how I think. I know which team I support. But please don't let that stop anyone stamping their feet.

Latest posts