What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I can only imagine the posts that will occur if Ryles has an error and saints score to win the game.

Suspend Ryles now.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I can only imagine the posts that will occur if Ryles has an error and saints score to win the game.

Suspend Ryles now.

But according to him, he'll show Bennett he made the wrong decision.

Personally I love that he's thinking like that, because when he puts pressure on himself, he is unparalleled in the game for making idiotic decisions under duress. A silly offload, a penalty, a knock-on. He doesn't make many errors, but when he does, he deliver's in spades.

Ryles is a good guy though, I wish him all the best.

gregstar

Referee

Suspend Ryles now.
:lol:

i can cop saints losing on sunday. seeing brian smith realise a goal that has tormented him for 26 years is fine. furthermore, the guy lifted saints out of the easybeat category as soon as he arrived.

to a lesser extent, seeing ryles win is okay too. the guy copped heaps of crap that he didn't deserve. he's a top bloke & overcame a most horrible injury to virtually rebuild a career. good luck to both.

meltiger

First Grade
Because it is entirely different situation. By your reasoning, I should smoke cigarettes because other people choose to do so.

To help you, if Saints did a Melbourne and had premierships and minor premiership stripped, I would accept it. IMO, cheats deserve what they get.

But again, you don't have to agree with me. No one is forcing you to drink, smoke, jump off a cliff or recognise the history of St George. Although if you choose to do so, I won't be holding you back on any of the above.

:crazy:

Willow, mate we're going around in circles here, I'm not telling you what to recognise. All I've asked is what should the history books recognise.

Any St George supporter 100 years is more than entitled to say they have seen their club win 16 premierships. They would be 100% right in that.

That they have chosen to represent a brand new entity made up in part of the club they truely support, is their own perogative.

works both ways doesn't it?

you're still posting.

Oh, it's amusing me. I make no secret of that.

Fein

First Grade
So in summary, all supporters of all other clubs (except Timmah Dragonbitchtits), the NRL and the historians of the game say stmerge are shooting for their first ever premiership but the most arrogant fans of the club that fails to recognise it merged disagree.

Sheer magnificence.

:lol::lol:

Lambretta

First Grade
Does it really matter?

What matters is the result on the day.

But for the record, as a Roosters supporter and not someone with a love for the Dragons I would call it their 16th Premiership. (Hope it doesn't happen)

A few years ago when the Wests Tigers won a Premiership everyone was talking about the combined years fans had been waiting for a Premiership etc so why doesn't the same rule apply here?

Talk it whichever way you want. I don't think anyone is going to change their mind. St Georges detractors will hammer the "you've only been here for 10 years" angle. Their fans will point to their history etc.

taxidriver

Coach
So in summary, all supporters of all other clubs (except Timmah Dragonbitchtits), the NRL and the historians of the game say stmerge are shooting for their first ever premiership but the most arrogant fans of the club that fails to recognise it merged disagree.

Sheer magnificence.

:lol::lol:

more importantly, why do you even care?

Latest posts