What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Muzby you have had your pants well and truly pulled down, you dont have a leg to stand on, your own club web site has put you all in your place.

see above reply to that comment (which you have already posted..)

you're like a 2 yr old having a tantrum.. if no-one listens to you, just keep screaming it over and over and over again...

20knights10

Juniors
they've changed the premiership prize have they?

my understanding was that the title remained constant, it was the number of titles we were debating...

or have you realised you've lost that argument now?
wow.. you really have lost it... you're aware of what a broccoflower is are you not..??

here I'll help, and I'll even go so far as to explain the analogy...

A broccoflower is the merging of a broccoli and a cauliflower.. the cauliflower represents the St George Club, the broccoli represents the Illawarra club, and the Broccoflower represents the JV club. The number of each represents the premiership titles won by each club.

Notice how there was no change in the premiership prize there..?? be sure to read carefully, I can see how easy it is for simple little things to confuse you...:lol:

Gaba

First Grade
wow.. you really have lost it... you're aware of what a broccoflower is are you not..??

A broccoflower is the merging of a broccoli and a cauliflower.. the cauliflower represents the St George Club, the broccoli represents the Illawarra club, and the Broccoflower represents the JV club. The number of each represents the premiership titles won by each club.

Notice how there was no change in the premiership prize there..?? be sure to read carefully, I can see how easy it is for simple little things to confuse you...:lol:
you are the one being confused you are showing the merger between balmain and western suburb.

they merged into the wests tigers , new colours and logo

Stgeorge and Illawarra formed a joint venture

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

i don't care if you call the cauliflowers and brussel sprouts...

together you have 16 vegetables...

come on.. join the chant.. it's fun :)

20knights10

Juniors
you are the one being confused you are showing the merger between balmain and western suburb.

they merged into the wests tigers , new colours and logo

Stgeorge and Illawarra formed a joint venture
and under the joint venture they compete in the competition as a new team. They don't compete as the St George Dragons. They don't compete as the Illawarra Steelers. The team that has been fielded since 1999 is different to the 2 teams that were fielded before. The achievements of this new team are recorded as the achievements of a new team, not one of the teams forming the JV. This concept is under debate in this thread, but every official record shows that you're wrong and I'm right. There is no evidence that there is any official debate raging to have the records changed. This means that all of you here continuing to claim a 16th premiership for a team that is only 11 years old are delusional.....

picture.php

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
man i'm bored... bored bored bored... i may do some reading...

Dragons romp to sweet 16th

By Adrian Crawford
Updated Mon Oct 4, 2010 6:21am AEDT

A long time coming ... Dragons supporters have waited since 1979 to celebrate another premiership. (AAP: Dean Lewins)

St George Illawarra has broken a 31-year premiership drought and clinched its first title as a merged club with a 32-8 NRL grand final victory over a gallant Roosters outfit on Sunday evening.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/03/3028251.htm

(bloody abc and their impartial view on things..)

NRL title the final touch for merger masterpiece

BY ALEX ARNOLD
05 Oct, 2010 05:00 AM
A sea of red and white greeted Dragons players as they took to the WIN Entertainment Centre stage yesterday.
But there was a smattering of scarlet amongst the crowd.
The old Steelers jerseys present were a reminder of the days when Stanley the Steel Avenger patrolled the Wollongong Showground sidelines. While the title was the 16th premiership to be celebrated in Kogarah, yesterday was the first time a premiership trophy had made its way to the Illawarra.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...nal-touch-for-merger-masterpiece/1959253.aspx

curse those illawarra people.. you would have thought that they would be trying their hardest to ignore the dragons heritage wouldn't you...

Dragons win first NRL premiership in 31 years

October 4, 2010

http://www.nospam09.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/St-George.jpg
The chokers tag has now left those associated with the Dragons as they romped to an easy 32-8 win over the Roosters at ANZ Stadium.

http://www.nospam09.com/2010/10/04/dragons-win-first-nrl-premiership-in-31-years/

hang on.. 31 years? i thought we had only been around for 12....

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
and under the joint venture they compete in the competition as a new team. They don't compete as the St George Dragons. They don't compete as the Illawarra Steelers. The team that has been fielded since 1999 is different to the 2 teams that were fielded before.
picture.php

everyone gets that...

but the team fielded is a dragons team, with the same uniform and club heritage of the old one...

why is it that you and baron can't get it?

what is it about newcastle & slow people..?

is it the contaminated water or did the boys just pick up some super strong gear one day?

SoftSydney

Juniors
man i'm bored... bored bored bored... i may do some reading...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/03/3028251.htm

(bloody abc and their impartial view on things..)

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...nal-touch-for-merger-masterpiece/1959253.aspx

curse those illawarra people.. you would have thought that they would be trying their hardest to ignore the dragons heritage wouldn't you...

http://www.nospam09.com/2010/10/04/dragons-win-first-nrl-premiership-in-31-years/

hang on.. 31 years? i thought we had only been around for 12....

How about you read your own teams web site where it clearly states that the STG is not more :) clearly states SGI is a new team :)

20knights10

Juniors
everyone gets that...

but the team fielded is a dragons team, with the same uniform and club heritage of the old one...

why is it that you and baron can't get it?

what is it about newcastle & slow people..?

is it the contaminated water or did the boys just pick up some super strong gear one day?

In 1998, Saints were eliminated from the competition in the first semi-final played at Kogarah Jubilee Oval. This match bought down the curtain on 78 seasons of stand alone competition as the St George Dragons became the St George Illawarra Dragons for the 1999 season.
The opening for the St George Illawarra Dragons’ first season in 1999 saw the Dragons take on Parramatta at the christening of Sydney’s Olympic Stadium in front of over 104,000 fans.

Your search for 'sixteenth' returned 0 results

link: Official site of the St George Illawarra Dragons

picture.php

How's the water down your way..??

Gaba

First Grade
as warren ryan once replied to this , people ask him why does he call stgeorge Illawarra Dragons

Just Stgeorge

His reply was

The stgeorge dragons wore the red v and white and called the dragons, stgeorge/illawarra wear the red v and white and called the dragons.

Looking at them on the field they still wear the stgeorge jersey and still look like stgeorge

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

no one is questioning the fact the dragons stopped being a stand alone club in 1998.

no one is questioning the fact that the dragons played their first season as a joint venture with illawarra in 1999...

all you have done there is simply re-gurgitated stuff that people already know...

what we don't understand is why there only seems to be this strange breed of trolls on LU who question why 15+1 = 16..

Latest posts