What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I didnt tell a whooper at all Willow it clearly states in the article its their maiden premiership and Gasnier has never refuted it.
Those were the words of the RLW writer. You said Gasiner stated it. You lied.
Baron Vo Mandor said:
As such he agrees.
Utter rubbish.

Gasnier refers to the team as "The Saints", and he brought up in a Gasnier household. Doesn't sound like someone who thinks the club is just 12 years old.

Baron Vo bullsh*tter - the name fits.

SoftSydney

Juniors
"* NRL recognises St George Illawarra (est 1999) and St George (1921-98) as different clubs! "

yeah... and the NRL was established in 1997 with the first comp in 1998.

Other facts:
- the NRL recognises that Souths have NOT WON any NRL premierships
- the NRL recognises that Souths have WON 3 NRL wooden spoons (4 if you counted 2002 when the Bulldogs were docked points).

A new contestant LOL hello my friend Dane, step right up you won a NEW CAR :D

Those were the words of the RLW writer. You said Gasiner stated it. You lied. Utter rubbish.

Gasnier refers to the team as "The Saints", and he brought up in a Gasnier household. Doesn't sound like someone who thinks the club is just 12 years old.

Baron Vo bullsh*tter - the name fits.

Saints(nickname) and Dragons(Mascot) Do you consider these to be actual clubs?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Im guessing he is refering to BHPs name change to BHP Billiton, saying it is analogous to ST.George becoming St. George Illawarra.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What logic is this? How does BHP strengthen your arguement?

bhp strengthens the argument with steel... obviously.....

BHP-Steel.jpg

20knights10

Juniors
So the analogy is that BHP Company and Billiton merged to become BHP Billiton and St. George Dragons and Illawarra Steelers merged to become St. George Illawarra Dragons? Seems fair enough. BHP Company still exists as a major shareholder in BHP Billiton but it doesn't trade as BHP Company anymore, just as St. George RLC still exists as part of the St. George Illawarra Dragons, but it doesn't compete in the competion under that name anymore either. So in essence they're both new entities.

How does this support the argument for St. George Illawarra having won 16 premierships?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So the analogy is that BHP Company and Billiton merged to become BHP Billiton and St. George Dragons and Illawarra Steelers merged to become St. George Illawarra Dragons? Seems fair enough. BHP Company still exists as a major shareholder in BHP Billiton but it doesn't trade as BHP Company anymore, just as St. George RLC still exists as part of the St. George Illawarra Dragons, but it doesn't compete in the competion under that name anymore either. So in essence they're both new entities.

How does this support the argument for St. George Illawarra having won 16 premierships?

but bhp billiton acknowledges their history as part of their current company...

as per their official website (none of this wikipedia crap)

Our History

BHP Billiton has outstanding credentials

We were formed from a merger between two highly complementary companies — BHP and Billiton.

Our past success gives us enormous confidence and determination to prosper and grow our company.

BHP Billiton: a great partnership

We value our heritage. We're proud of the organisations from which we've come and the accomplishments we've achieved.

By building on our pasts and combining the assets of each company with the very best of our skills and people, we have created a company that is ideally placed to lead the resources industry into the future.

yes, from a legal entity / company POV, they are a company formed in 2001.. however they acknowledge and hold onto their history... just as every company (and club does..)..

history and tradition form the company and have made it what it is today.. without the history, the company would be nothing... you can't take history and tradition to the bank, however companies will pay a fortune in goodwill to purchase this from other companies... it shows that something that has no legal "being" still has a value to people... just like a premiership..

i would expect that those souffs fans who are trolling here on this thread would know about history and tradition.. afterall, if we took your argument, you guys are starting from zero in 2002...

and for those other trolls, er, i mean fans, of other clubs, well i wouldn't expect that you would get the whole tradition thing either... but that's okay.. you'll get there eventually...

Dragon Dave

Bench
I am happy to go for drinks with u guys, were all adults and am sure we could have a laugh over this.

Finally! The true intentions of the thread are realised!

I was beginning to think that Baron actually cares this much about the Dragons but, at last, we now know that it was simply a very intricate way to find a date.

For the record mate, I'm flattered...but not interested.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
A Dragons fan thinking I am simpleton, I never realised I had a 200 IQ until now :cool:

baron... think through that retort again.. carefully.. and thanks for the compliment..

How was the weekend buzzby wud u get up too, I missed your pretty pics lol

i'm sorry softie... maybe you can follow me on twitter so you can get hourly updates if it's that important to you... but here you go for now..

sweet16_close.jpg

ShaiGuY

First Grade
but bhp billiton acknowledges their history as part of their current company...

as per their official website (none of this wikipedia crap)

yes, from a legal entity / company POV, they are a company formed in 2001.. however they acknowledge and hold onto their history... just as every company (and club does..)..

history and tradition form the company and have made it what it is today.. without the history, the company would be nothing... you can't take history and tradition to the bank, however companies will pay a fortune in goodwill to purchase this from other companies... it shows that something that has no legal "being" still has a value to people... just like a premiership..

i would expect that those souffs fans who are trolling here on this thread would know about history and tradition.. afterall, if we took your argument, you guys are starting from zero in 2002...

and for those other trolls, er, i mean fans, of other clubs, well i wouldn't expect that you would get the whole tradition thing either... but that's okay.. you'll get there eventually...

I was going to write a reply but Muzby you are spot on - couldn't have written it better myself.

Finally! The true intentions of the thread are realised!

I was beginning to think that Baron actually cares this much about the Dragons but, at last, we now know that it was simply a very intricate way to find a date.

For the record mate, I'm flattered...but not interested.

I already have too many friends that support your club. I dont need more sunshine!

And my intention is only to do the decent and right thing.

ShaiGuY

First Grade
A new contestant LOL hello my friend Dane, step right up you won a NEW CAR :D

Wow - having a go at an internet forum nickname. It's just a reflection of the intelligence and maturity as reflected in all your other posts though with constant "lol"s throughout. Oh well don't worry - I am laughing at you too.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
No point reading through this thread.

Bottom line is that the StGeorge Illawarra Dragons have won 1 premiership.

Middleton agrees, sites like RL Stats have seperate pages, and it is accepted by everyone bar the old StGeorge supporters. http://stats.rleague.com/rl/rl_index.html

No one is erasing the StGeorge 15 premierships, but it was another club.

Otherwise, we add together Wests and Tigers premierships, and no one is doing that.