What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Suitman

Post Whore
I would just like to wish all on here a very happy and prosperous Christmas.
May you all have a great day or days.
For those doing it tough, please reach out. The Mental Health thread is there to be used for good reason and there will be plenty of support for you from your brethren here on the Eels forum.

I myself are attending my families Christmas tomorrow. There will be 25 of us spanning over 4 generations.
It will be the first Christmas ever in my almost 60 years on this planet without my dad, yet mum is in good spirits and looking forward to it. I am sure there will be a solemn moment or two, but we will get by. It's nice that my kids are now at a drivable age, so I can have a few beers and wines tomorrow for a change.

I have been tasked with providing nibble platters and a roasted baby vegetable dish. I'll post pics if I remember to take some.
For the first time in over 10 years, I don't have to do the amazingly successful roast pork that I have done in the past. As much as a success it has always been, I'm kinda glad I have been relieved of this duty this year.

Then, on Monday, I'll be at the ex's for Christmas lunch. Just 6 of us, so a very laid-back day. My daughters still get excited about present opening even though they are 21 and 19. So Cute!
The ex's father (I'm sure some of you know who he is) has been moved to palliative care this week, so we both aren't sure how future time is going to pan out for him. Nothing is ever perfect.

Well, that is my next few days. After that I'm off on holidays to the Snowy Mountains for about 10 days.
Plenty of BBQ's, bushwalking, swimming in Lake Jindabyne, early morning coffees, bike rides, watching cricket, reading and kayaking is on the agenda.

Would love to know how everyone else is going to spend their Christmas day and break.

Anyway, I truly only wish the best for all of you.
Stay safe and stay happy.

Merry Christmas forumites.

T.S Quint

Coach
Great stuff, Suity. Merry Christmas to you as well.

It's going to be relatively low-key for me this year. Having my brother and his family over to my place along with my parents for an early brunch so the kids can see each other on Christmas Day. After that, I'll be heading over to Warriewood to my partner's uncle's house for a late lunch/early dinner. I'm hoping we get some clear skies and some warmth on Christmas Day as the house is right opposite the beach, and he also has a pool. I've already told my kids we can go swimming over there, so I hope I won't have to let them down. Just like you Suity, not much cooking for me to do this year, which is a nice change.

Boxing Day I'll be driving down to Narooma to stay at the family farm. Fingers crossed the traffic won't be too bad. The 26th is also my partner's birthday, so when we get down there we will have some celebrations, which will be nice. Will be down there for a couple of weeks.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Merry Baldness Peeps!!

Spending Christmas at Mums, she has been quite ill of late and I have moved in to help her out. Gotta work Boxing Day morning and leave to Straddie for 8 days. Been a shit year I can’t wait. My bro is coming over to help mum so at least I don’t have to worry about her so much.

T.S Quint

Coach
Merry Baldness Peeps!!

Spending Christmas at Mums, she has been quite ill of late and I have moved in to help her out. Gotta work Boxing Day morning and leave to Straddie for 8 days. Been a shit year I can’t wait. My bro is coming over to help mum so at least I don’t have to worry about her so much.

Krakens?

Eelogical

Referee
Great seasonal thread, Suity. Enjoy the time and for what it means to you and your family. To everybody else, have an enjoyable Christmas, happy new year and watch out for merkins on the road.

Suitman

Post Whore
Great seasonal thread, Suity. Enjoy the time and for what it means to you and your family. To everybody else, have an enjoyable Christmas, happy new year and watch out for merkins on the road.

You're not kidding.
I was out doing a bit of food shopping today with my daughter for tomorrow and Monday.
I twice saw two near fatal collisions and was almost involved in an accident myself when a dopey driver decided to do a u-turn at a set of traffic lights instead of turning right as indicated.
The crazies are out so be careful everyone.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You're not kidding.
I was out doing a bit of food shopping today with my daughter for tomorrow and Monday.
I twice saw two near fatal collisions and was almost involved in an accident myself when a dopey driver decided to do a u-turn at a set of traffic lights instead of turning right as indicated.
The crazies are out so be careful everyone.
Nearly got side swiped at my local shopping centre, then the clown has the hide to scream at us so many people are f**king cracked. Stay safe peeps.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
Cheers. And yep, 5 weeks left of sleep.

Hopefully your kid sleeps well.
My first slept very well, and she was quite easy. There were a few sleepless nights, but overall not much to complain about.

My second, on the other hand didn't sleep through the night until she hit around 2 years old. Little shit.

Then you realise, when they were little babies it was so much easier. When they start walking, and running, and get little minds of their own...f**k me it gets f**king hard.

Love them with all my heart though.

You're going to love it.

Incorrect

Coach
Hopefully your kid sleeps well.
My first slept very well, and she was quite easy. There were a few sleepless nights, but overall not much to complain about.

My second, on the other hand didn't sleep through the night until she hit around 2 years old. Little shit.

Then you realise, when they were little babies it was so much easier. When they start walking, and running, and get little minds of their own...f**k me it gets f**king hard.

Love them with all my heart though.

You're going to love it.
Were you breastfeeding?