What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal thread \m/

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yep saw them in Melbourne Vic. They were f**kin sick. Gig only went for an hour, but they havnt got much material yet I suppose. Mad hour though!

i couldnt see them in sydney unfortunately. everything i saw on the good things socials was everyone commenting they were the highlight of the day. Alex Terrible is the best frontman in metal ive seen in about two decades.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Was at the Auckland show last night.

Really enjoyed both Killswitch Engage (they played This Fire Burns aka CM Punks theme which I was hoping for as a wrestling mark hah!) and Iron Maiden who put on a great high energy show which is crazy for a bunch of nearly 70 year olds!!
Guitarist Janick Gers (had to google his name sorry!) was particularly impressive throwing his guitar around and doing all sorts of crazy poses and tricks all night.

My only disappointment is yet again I didn't get Run To The Hills which is a nostalgic favourite being my earliest memory of being exposed to Iron Maiden on the music video shows in the late 80s/early 90s (well... my first exposure to Iron Maiden was the "IRON MAIDEN!" quote in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure I think :laughing: ), and they didn't play it when I saw them 8 years ago either.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
My only disappointment is yet again I didn't get Run To The Hills which is a nostalgic favourite being my earliest memory of being exposed to Iron Maiden on the music video shows in the late 80s/early 90s (well... my first exposure to Iron Maiden was the "IRON MAIDEN!" quote in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure I think :laughing: ), and they didn't play it when I saw them 8 years ago either.
Was definitely somethijgn of an alternative classics set this time round with the Somewhere in Time focus, but personally I loved that- it was my 4th time seeing them so getting to hear Caught Somewhere in Time and Alexander the Great live more than made up for no Run to the Hills or Number of the Beast. The new tracks were great as well, I thought Hell on Earth was particularly epic.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Sydney people into heavier stuff, I'm organising this show at the Factory Theatre on saturday- should be a brilliant night with 4 awesome bands playing a good spread of styles, come down and get your earholes wrecked!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Im 41 so grew up in the 90s, early 00s when metal was pretty big. Personally I felt like 2005-2018 or so was a strange time in heavy music and I hated 90% of the stuff that came out. Gotta say though over the last 5 years the heavy scene has exploded and I dont think Ive ever seen it so healthy. Its great going to gigs and seeing so many people under 25 there for both new and old bands.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Im 41 so grew up in the 90s, early 00s when metal was pretty big. Personally I felt like 2005-2018 or so was a strange time in heavy music and I hated 90% of the stuff that came out. Gotta say though over the last 5 years the heavy scene has exploded and I dont think Ive ever seen it so healthy. Its great going to gigs and seeing so many people under 25 there for both new and old bands.
Imma fellow old bugger (49) and I agree 100%! The scene is healthy as it’s ever been now.

Latest posts