What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Crockett sex scandal

mean

Juniors
I can't believe a high profile professional player would risk his passion, dreams and financial security by acting inappropriately with a sexual connotation attached to it in this day, particularly having forethought that any behaviour like this is damaging in all respects.

Long gone are the days when Bull Allen, Christian Cullen and some of their rugby counterparts behaved like forceful sexual predators.

Skinner

Coach
mean said:
Long gone are the days when Bull Allen, Christian Cullen and some of their rugby counterparts behaved like forceful sexual predators.

The problem is, they're not gone. Season after season, we have the same old, same old,
despite the very best efforts of the NRL and others to try and educate it out of our code.

Bloody stupid players still put themselves in the position where allegations can still
be made.

As has been said......mud sticks :x

Scorpio30

Bench
...And on the stuff website, which photo of Crockett have they used?....The one of him being sent off....Lets make him look bad huh.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
mean said:
I can't believe a high profile professional player would risk his passion, dreams and financial security by acting inappropriately with a sexual connotation attached to it in this day, particularly having forethought that any behaviour like this is damaging in all respects.

Bull and Christian? Refresh my memory...

JJ

Immortal
mean said:

1. The days are not gone - obviously it's a huge problem still
2. What are you on about with Cullen and Allen - I don't recall... About the most controversial thing I recall with respect to Allen was him fondling Emily Drumm in that ridiculous show that disgrace Brent Todd hosted

mean

Juniors
Roger the rapist was the fall guy in Sth Africa and Cullen and co had a party will some women of ill repute in Wellington and I vaguely remember now something about a women in a hotel in New Plymouth involving another Wellington/Hurricanes player. I'm thinking it was Bull Allen again.

JJ

Immortal
I remember Cullen's party in the media - but the rest sounds a bit dodgy -

I think the woman's allegations is a lil fishy. I mean it was alleged that is was done on a SUNDAY and she came forward on Monday??? Innocent until proven guilty is where I stand...If he's guilty then of course kick the HUA out! If he's innoncent then I hope karma bites the woman who mad the allegations in the ass...

*Edited the day off Allegation from Saturday to Sunday" - My bad

Fast Eddie

First Grade
"over an alleged incident in Sydney after the New Zealander's clash against the Roosters on Sunday."

Kakihara

Juniors
Problems like this plague proffesional sports all around the world and will never go away.

Fast Eddie said:
"over an alleged incident in Sydney after the New Zealander's clash against the Roosters on Sunday."

My bad... But why leave it for the next day? And he isn't a New Zealander

Iafeta

Referee
Wheeled Warrior said:
My bad... But why leave it for the next day? And he isn't a New Zealander

What are you on about? That great Australian actor Russell Crowe was a New Zealander when he biffed a phone at some chicks head.

Now he's the pride of Souths with the Hitler salute from the box at the end of a victory.

That's how it works... dumb Kiwis when something goes wrong, Australians when heroic. Heck, they p!ss in their own pockets about it in the Phar Lap movie.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Won't read anything into it yet, especially with the Telegraph involved

No doubt he will be guilty til proven innocent, then still guilty coz he is a "star"

Skinner

Coach
Beavers Headgear said:
Won't read anything into it yet, especially with the Telegraph involved

No doubt he will be guilty til proven innocent, then still guilty coz he is a "star"

WTF has the Telegraph got to do with it. It's being reported by the Warriors ffs as well
as almost every other publication I can think of.

Iafeta

Referee
Hasn't been reported in Esquire, FHM or Playboy yet :D (Got to find some cheer from this situation that doesn't degrade either party right)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Skinner said:
WTF has the Telegraph got to do with it. It's being reported by the Warriors ffs as well
as almost every other publication I can think of.

The Telegraph have a past record of sensationalising stories. They were the 1st to break it, and they will get their mileage out of it too over the next few days i bet.

I haven't said it hasn't happened, but i will be very surprised if a fair representation of facts come out daily in that newspaper

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Gotta love NZ

Sports stories on Tv3 tonight, in order

- Hawkes Bay player at judiciary for punching someone (w/ live cross)
- All Blacks warmup game was NZ Police
- England vs France rugby and England world cup buildup
- Eddie Jones coaching role with the Springboks
- Crockett

mean

Juniors
JJ said:
I remember Cullen's party in the media - but the rest sounds a bit dodgy -

Of course it sounds a bit dodgy. Roger "the rapist" Randall was branded that when the Hurricanes toured Sth Africa in the early days of the super 12. Those close to the team know he wasn't responsible, but he was made the fall guy whilst a certain player any of the spotlight.

A bit like when the cricketers got caught smoking dope in Sth Africa. All the glamour boys were shielded or denied, denied, denied to the end and all the team plebs got lambasted.

Willie Mason tells a girl to get the f*ck out, after she pleasures a majority of the team and he gets labelled a sexual predator.

I'll wait till the dust settles, before I pass a carefully thought after judgement.

playdaball

Bench
Ah Van to wing. If Mc Kinnon does not I'd expect Byrne to slot into wing with Ah Van at fullback. Will that weaken the team, if so, what will the Titans pay at the TAB?