What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael jennings

BunnyManny

Juniors
Guys heard it through the grape vine that we are in negotiations with Michael Jennings.

A close source to theclub has told me that we are going to have some money freed up from a couple of players we are not renewing next season.

Fetuli Talanoa and Nathan Peats have both been told to look for a new club next season and also have some money freed up from a back ended deal for Roy Asotasi. I know we have signed Lima and Te'o but they are both not on massive money.

I know Ivan Cleary and Gus Gould hve both come out and said they dont want to let him go but apparently he is the one that wants out now.

Your thoughts?

Big Sam

First Grade
This makes no sense at all.

As I've said before, if two successful individuals like Gould and Cleary think Jennings has an attitude problem, why would Maguire waste his time with him? He wants hard working players at the club, as shown by his decision to let Taylor and Pettybourne go.

Peats is still under contract for next year and if Roy's deal is 'back ended' it means it takes up more of the cap than it did in the early part of his career. And Te'o is believed to be on 400k. How is that not 'massive money'?

If you're going to troll at least try to get the facts right.

Zigwaa

Bench
Yeah don't think so, I'm with you Big Sam.

While I'd love to have him, we don't need him.

BunnyManny

Juniors
Big Sam i think you need to calm down a tad pal. This was something i heard from a source close to the club and wanted to know if anyone had heard the same. And for the record, who the hell wouldnt want a player like Michael Jennings at the club. The guy is an origin representative even when he doesnt play for his club side every week. I'm sure even Maguire would at least take the liberty of sitting down with him and discussing things. I didn't say we had signed the bloke.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Nathan Peats was on a summer contract last year before being upgraded. He'd be on next to nothing so there would be nothing gained from a cap perspective by releasing him.

Talanoa is a different story. He'd be on a bit and I think we can see how far behind the rest of the pack he has fallen. I have heard that he has been told that if he can find another club that he is free to leave.

Roy isn't going anywhere.

Galeforce

Bench
we do need a centre with real speed like Jennings, however if we show interest in him and i would have preferred a chase on Gagai or even Inu , both would have been much cheaper.Farrel does not have the speed for top class 3/4 , this is why he can be caught out in defense.
I believe he would make a great secondrower and his front on defense is good , he could be a great bench player.

BunniesMan

Immortal
This makes no sense at all.

As I've said before, if two successful individuals like Gould and Cleary think Jennings has an attitude problem, why would Maguire waste his time with him? He wants hard working players at the club, as shown by his decision to let Taylor and Pettybourne go.

Peats is still under contract for next year and if Roy's deal is 'back ended' it means it takes up more of the cap than it did in the early part of his career. And Te'o is believed to be on 400k. How is that not 'massive money'?

If you're going to troll at least try to get the facts right.
Ivan Cleary's win-loss record over his entire coaching career is sub 50%. One grand final hardly makes him successful. Is Daniel Anderson a "successful individual"?

As for Gould, he wants to get rid of Jennings because they're in a woeful cap situation.

If we can get him for 300k, I'd do it. Centre is the one position we are thin at.

South Sydney Deny Jennings Link

By Nathan Ryan
30 May 2012 01:19PM EST

South Sydney is refusing to comment on the rumoured link with out-of-favour Penrith centre Michael Jennings.

Jennings has been linked with the Rabbitohs this week along with their opposition this Saturday in the Canterbury Bulldogs.

The 24-year-old’s $600,000 a year contract is weighing down Penrith's salary cap.

Jennings has reportedly been told he is free to explore his options as the Panthers search for ways to elevate some of that pressure.

While Jennings is believed to have attracted the attention from at least six NRL clubs, Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire denies he has spoken with his management about recruiting the NSW Origin star to Redfern next season.

“No not at all and I don’t want to comment about that,” Maguire said.

“They’re obviously going through that themselves.”

Rabbitohs forward Luke Burgess denies hearing any rumblings of Jennings possibly joining the Bunnies.

“That’s the first I’ve heard of Michael Jennings,” Burgess said when journalists posed the question to the Englishman.

“We’re happy with the squad we have here so we just want to worry about what we’ve got here week in week out so we’ll leave that to the people whose job it is.”

Jennings is in the second year of a rich five-season deal which is viewed as too expensive for the club in their current state.

While it is unlikely any club could pick up his current contract, the Panthers are believed to be willing to make a significant contribution to his wage should he find a deal elsewhere.

Reports surfaced on Wednesday that Jennings and the Panthers other four highest paid players Luke Lewis, Lachlan Coote, Sam McKendry and Tim Grant are taking up half of the club’s 2014 salary cap due to back-ended contracts.

This has hindered their ability to recruit, losing former NSW Origin winger Michael Gordon to Cronulla while they were unable to put a competitive offer to Sharks utility Wade Graham and Parramatta forward Ben Smith.

They did however snare Manly utility Dean Whare on Wednesday in some positive news for the club.

Source: http://www.nospam11.com.au/ar...jennings-link/

pierced

Juniors
Don't worry matey, Big Sam is on his 3rd day of manual bowel evacuation. Obviously it hasn't worked and he's a little pent up. Seems u do have ur facts straight which would mean the big guy is making a dick of himself again. Take troll as a compliment from him, I do. With Gould running the show I find it amazing half the team doesn't want out. I remember the roast last year, he was rubbishing TK for picking us as top 4 under Maguire. How are the panthers doing, if only he coached origin again.

Big Sam

First Grade
Don't worry matey, Big Sam is on his 3rd day of manual bowel evacuation. Obviously it hasn't worked and he's a little pent up. Seems u do have ur facts straight which would mean the big guy is making a dick of himself again. Take troll as a compliment from him, I do. With Gould running the show I find it amazing half the team doesn't want out. I remember the roast last year, he was rubbishing TK for picking us as top 4 under Maguire. How are the panthers doing, if only he coached origin again.

Here we go again with the abuse. When you use language like that and like you have in the past it's clearly you who's the pent up one. How are my facts wrong? A number of the above posters have confirmed that the OP was actually the one wrong with regards to the contract status of Peats, Asotasi and Te'o, like I said.

And BM, my point was Cleary and Gould have had success as player (not necessarily in Gould's case) and coach. They're experienced enough to know when a player is beyond motivation. If they see Jennings as lazy and ill-disciplined (showing up drunk to training etc.) why would Maguire waste his time trying to 'fix' him when Cleary and Gould think he's beyond fixing? This is different to us looking at signing Carney last year. Carney may have had off-field problems on the drink but in so far as I know, he was always professional at training and on the field.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The issue isn't that. If he was only on 300-400k they wouldn't be looking to get rid of him. And if he was a lost cause he wouldn't keep getting picked for Origin.

They don't want him on the books for 600k because they have half their cap tied up in 4-5 less than superstar players. So they're looking to get rid of him. Someone signs him for 300-400k and then they have 300-400k freed up.

pierced

Juniors
I'll take my sarcasm was a little vague, we don't want him. He'll be a bunnie for life. As in the coach has our support. He'll be gone next week! But settle down u twit. U called him a troll and ridiculed him. So u r pent up u silly sad little man. Just like u ridiculed me for suggesting GI has more to offer than fullback! U do it all the time when people make a post. Guess what, once again u don't own the forum! Phil Gould is as much a modern day coach as John Lang so who gives a f**k what he thinks. Ten minutes under him would make Hasam turn to the drink. And Anthony mundine would bring the chaser. Why don't u just be respectful instead of a shitty little biatch who wants to run the club like it was 1908! Ive said it before and I'll say it again, Big Sam it's 2012. No one cares if ur pre op!

ronnieG

Juniors
Nice to see the debate get personal,yet again,this is meant to be about footy! So as for the footy we have a great side sitting in 4th place or equal 2nd if you just look at the points,yes we have a few players either not perfoming at 100% but all are putting in 100%, some more! Yes the centers seem to be a slight issue but i dont see it as critical,the coach addressed the early season issue and that player now runs out for the Bears. We will loose the odd game between now and the Grand Final but as long as we win that one i will be one happy man :)

pierced

Juniors
I agree these posts should be about footy not childish name calling, but he started it! As soon as big sam learns some manners I'll follow suit. I don't know what it is, there's just something about his attitude towards anyone with an opinion that grinds my gears. I think u'll find he insulted me first.

Satsok

Juniors
I agree these posts should be about footy not childish name calling, but he started it! As soon as big sam learns some manners I'll follow suit. I don't know what it is, there's just something about his attitude towards anyone with an opinion that grinds my gears. I think u'll find he insulted me first.

Seems legit. Seems pretty childish right there?:sarcasm:

Big Sam

First Grade
I agree these posts should be about footy not childish name calling, but he started it! As soon as big sam learns some manners I'll follow suit.

The proof is in the pudding mate:

Why don't u just be respectful instead of a shitty little biatch who wants to run the club like it was 1908! Ive said it before and I'll say it again, Big Sam it's 2012. No one cares if ur pre op!

Don't worry matey, Big Sam is on his 3rd day of manual bowel evacuation. Obviously it hasn't worked and he's a little pent up.

Big Sam glad to see ur still a f**kwit, I'm suprised u didn't jizz urself and book a hotel for the grand final weekend.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=8308150#post8308150

Ps, just read the post again with my head spinning from ur stupidity, it doesn't sound anything like me u moron. Go and read my posts idiot, maybe I wrote it with my left hand u tool!

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=394201&page=25

Just throwing it out there big fella! And not one to make personal attacks in comments( I apologise Honky for calling u a f**kwit, my bad buddy!) Exactly what is it about u thats BIG sam? Ur capacity for pointless antaganistic comments! So far u haven't made a single comment on this thread about this thread. U have demonstrated u don't have a life and have way to much time on ur hands. Replace it with ur penis big guy, oops u already have!

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=8211198#post8211198

And some of the stuff directed to fellow Souths forumites:

I don't have to be a bitch slapped sucker to be a souths fan di!!!!ad! I am a fan of souths and football. Find me a coach with any credibilty who says its ok to play shit! Or any sportsman who thinks puting a shirt on makes him worthy! If ur happy patting a bunch of posers on the arse as they leave the field feel free moron. I want one thing. To go to a souths game and know what team im supporting. So get f###ed!

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=402467

It must be a sad little life lived by menstral women on this site who think calling a spade a spade is a bad thing. Get some tampax love, stick it right up ur religous love of a footy team that keeps f**king missing the 8 and while ur there, ask me to pat ur arse and get u a panadol! Also, if we dont make the 8 this year, who will look the fool, me? Waiting in the wings for the atempt at humourous rebuttal!

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=402467

Don't really have to add anymore do I?

Big Sam

First Grade
I apologise to the other Souths supporters for continuing this so-called feud with the previous post but I could not allow this vitriol from an obvious troll to continue without reply. I'm not the only Souths forum member to have suggested a ban for this so-called 'supporter'. BunniesMan, Sugar, Hunters, and African Monkey amongst others have suggested likewise. So Mods, do your thing.

After many years our club is finally in such a wonderful position on and off the field. We should be celebrating this rather than frequently dismissing the opinions of other forum members and continually criticising the performance of a team that is 7-4.

This is the last I'll say on the matter.

pierced

Juniors
No I'm sure we'll hear more from you on it again. Perhaps you can just stop calling people trolls and rubbishing them when they disagree with your simple views and you wouldn't get that reaction. I've never claimed to be polite. I couldn't really give a rats arse if ur drinking buddies agree you!

Satsok

Juniors
No I'm sure we'll hear more from you on it again. Perhaps you can just stop calling people trolls and rubbishing them when they disagree with your simple views and you wouldn't get that reaction. I've never claimed to be polite. I couldn't really give a rats arse if ur drinking buddies agree you!

Does anyone even value your opinion or both reading it anymore? As soon as i see you've wrote some random dribble garbage, i skip it and go to the next post.. Not worth wasting my time anymore.

FTR I don't post on here all that regularly, so for you to actually make me post, FU.