What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Michael Morgan announces retirement

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Such a shame.

The 2017 finals run was as dominant play I've seen by a half especially given the talent around him.
Been a few players in recent tikes that hit an insane purple patch where they couldnt put a foot wrong (campese and hayne come to mind) but morgs was in a different dimension. Unfortunatley more emphasis from the general rl fanbase was put into being moist over having a reason to bag JT to not be the GOAT because they made a GF without him and less on morgs under an insane amount of pressure for that 2nd half of the season became the best healthy half/player in the world

His GF pass will be used on GF reels forever.
Yet his flick pass while stumbling in SOO 2017 to DG to level the scores was to me nearly as good .
Yet once again the focus was on JT & his kick..& probably rightly so ...but as in the GF if not for Morg's brilliance there would be no JT shot .
On field I can't recall him ever being a dirty player or a whiny Capt.

I wish him the best .
Enjoy your retirement ..