What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

michael speechley??

FMD that is so sad about Speechley.

The game of life can be very cruel.

But really great to hear that the Sharks old boys are a very close bunch of guys that genuinely care about one another.

Last edited:

shadowboxer

First Grade
My favourite ever Shark
Yeah he was an absolute favourite of mine. His tenacity and utter reckless ability to tackle and not give a hoot for himself.
I may have shared this previously, but I had dealings with his mother about 20 years ago. Met at their place in Earlwood, I only knew it was her as there was a huge picture of the Speech up on the wall in the lounge room.
When I saw it and looked down to see the surname, my shocked surprise made her day. Nice old lady, who has probally passed now.
Aside from her talking proudly about his playing career, she couldn’t help but have complete venom for Terry Lamb - the incident probally ruined him really.
Her thoughts is probally the reason I can’t stand him.
Hope the man is alright

PJ

First Grade
Yeah he was an absolute favourite of mine. His tenacity and utter reckless ability to tackle and not give a hoot for himself.
I may have shared this previously, but I had dealings with his mother about 20 years ago. Met at their place in Earlwood, I only knew it was her as there was a huge picture of the Speech up on the wall in the lounge room.
When I saw it and looked down to see the surname, my shocked surprise made her day. Nice old lady, who has probally passed now.
Aside from her talking proudly about his playing career, she couldn’t help but have complete venom for Terry Lamb - the incident probally ruined him really.
Her thoughts is probally the reason I can’t stand him.
Hope the man is alright

Everyone remembers and talks about his defence, but he was pretty dam good with attack as well

Alan Wilson bumped into Speech at Ramsgate RSL on Thursday morning. Apparently Speechley goes there in the morning and leaves by lunch.
Funnily enough I was there on Thursday morning, but I was there from Midnight to 3am. It's my after work beer place as it closes at 4am.

Latest posts