What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Witt a Sea Eagle - Official

Jordovski

Juniors
eelsta said:
congrats on your signing i wish him well, and about egg all over face does matt orford or brett kimmorley ring a bell mmmm

But that was from a coach we got rid of ;-)

eelsta

Bench
Jordovski said:
eelsta said:
congrats on your signing i wish him well, and about egg all over face does matt orford or brett kimmorley ring a bell mmmm

But that was from a coach we got rid of ;-)

true but the one youve gots not the sharpest tool in the shed is he , but yes sharper than BS i admit, however has des done any better than sharpe did :?:

eelsta

Bench
Melony
why dont you wait and see how we perform in 2005 before making smarty comments.

why dont you!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordovski

Juniors
Sharp had 5 years (admittedly not the easiest 5years for a coach) and Dessie has had 1 year. We had something like 60-70% of our players this year were new. I'm happy with where he got us in his first year, with all the new players.

With keeping the majority of the same squad for a few years, I'm sure an 8 spot will be soon.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Good signing for the Manly not that big of a loss for the Eels considering who they have in the halves next year. Will fill the void left by Walker.

eelsta

Bench
Corbin said:
Manly will be fighting for the number 8 position next year i reckon...
possibly i hope they do i think we all need some of us lower placed teams to make a move upwards

t-ba

Post Whore
Sharpie in his eternal wisdom thought Kimmorley @ 500k was better than Orford for Nicks and a few decent first graders...Thank Christ it was him and Not Murray who took over the JV otherwise the Abominations might still be around!

yakstorm

First Grade
Parramatta seem to have killed off any depth they had in the halves it seems. They have let go Dykes, Thorman and Witt and now have only:

PJ Marsh
John Morris
Tim Smith

Marsh can't play until Round 13 its looking like, Morris, well he hasn't been all that great in the halves position, and Tim Smith, no doubting his potential, but its a big ask to step up to the NRL, and have litte experience to be paired with.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
yakstorm said:
Parramatta seem to have killed off any depth they had in the halves it seems. They have let go Dykes, Thorman and Witt and now have only:

PJ Marsh
John Morris
Tim Smith

Marsh can't play until Round 13 its looking like, Morris, well he hasn't been all that great in the halves position, and Tim Smith, no doubting his potential, but its a big ask to step up to the NRL, and have litte experience to be paired with.

Apparently Thomas Leuluai has signed for 2 years.

t-ba

Post Whore
Magpie Nick said:
yakstorm said:

PJ Marsh
John Morris
Tim Smith

Tony Peters on 10 News right? He has a shocking strike rate. Though I think he's right on this one!

Kris_man

Bench
when your team is relying on young guys, especially young halfbacks, to run their team, its a sign that there's problems (yes i know the Raiders are doing the same, but i've never advocated that idea. and Todd Carney is in a class above Mateo and Tim Smith). Parra just spent two seasons developing Witt and giving him experience, and now they're bunting him! #-o I'm surprised that they wanted PJ Marsh and John Morris over Witt.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Special K said:
CC_Eagle said:
Leuluai
Donald
Heckenberg
Cleal
yeah these blokes have really set the rugby league world on fire :lol:

Donald = Most consistant try scorer over the last 2 seasons!

Hecks = Workhorse, every team has got to have 1

Leuluai = an intimidating impact player with plenty of potential

Cleal = well i'm not sold on him yet!

Magpie Nick

Juniors
t-ba the hutt said:
Magpie Nick said:
yakstorm said:

PJ Marsh
John Morris
Tim Smith

Tony Peters on 10 News right? He has a shocking strike rate. Though I think he's right on this one!

From a mate.. Not sure where he got it though. Could be 10.

eelsta

Bench
troydodds said:
Prodigiousman said:
The reason Michael Witt got released is quite simple

Smith didn't believe he was the guy to be the club's go-to guy in the halves for one

He thought he was good when he re-signed him earlier this year. It's time for Smith to just have a consultancy role when it comes to player retention, like most coaches do. Having full control over who comes and who goes is a major problem - he is just constantly wasting money.

I should also point out that a report in The Manly Daily yesterday claims Witt wanted the release - not the other way around - as he was fed up with the coaching style of Smith.

Seems like there's a common theme here.
AND OF COURSE THE MANLY DAILY WOULD KN :roll: :roll: :roll: OW