What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Witt a Sea Eagle - Official

Kiwi

First Grade
Parramatta Eels, Smith and Fitzgerald are f**king idiots it's OFFICIAL.

TigerMo

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
and Pat Richards has really done ghreat things since leaving hasn't he?

That's being a little harsh, considering he broke his leg early on in the season while playing a trial match. He then got rushed straight into first grade, and has started to find his form late in the season. He may haven't done great things since he's left, but you can't blame him for that.

troydodds

Juniors
Prodigiousman said:
The reason Michael Witt got released is quite simple

Smith didn't believe he was the guy to be the club's go-to guy in the halves for one

He thought he was good when he re-signed him earlier this year. It's time for Smith to just have a consultancy role when it comes to player retention, like most coaches do. Having full control over who comes and who goes is a major problem - he is just constantly wasting money.

I should also point out that a report in The Manly Daily yesterday claims Witt wanted the release - not the other way around - as he was fed up with the coaching style of Smith.

Seems like there's a common theme here.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
The simple fact of the matter is Smith IS in charge, and I believe he made the right move releasing Witt. Was Perenara on the Eels roster when they re-signed Witt? no. And Parra wanted Perenara so bad they decided to take his older brother Henry to seal the deal, even though Henry has struggled in first grade since leaving Melbourne.

Smith has been very successful as Parra's coach if you look at it objectively, which is something very hard to do if you're a Parra fan. Objective reporting is even tougher though apparently.

mightybears

Bench
the " Team that brian smith rejects XIII" is getting stronger but manly still need a team that can tackle

BD5733

Juniors
Hoggy said:
Add Alex Chan and David Kidwell to that list.

And possibly Fui Fui ;-)

So are we all just taking it as fact now as every player who has ever left the Parramatta EELS have become great players at other clubs?

And if so, why did you conveniently leave Andrew McFadden off that list of yours Hoggy? ;-)

BD5733

Juniors
Booyah said:
Parra are up sh*t creek without a paddle now. Who's gonna play Halfback?

Witt barely played NRL at all this year, and even when he did it was at 5/8th.

So I assume we will take our pick from
PJ Marsh
John Morris
Tim Smith

All of which are more suited to the role than Witt was.

Booyah

Bench
BD5733 said:
Booyah said:

PJ Marsh
John Morris
Tim Smith

That's right, I forgot about PJ.

But wouldn't he be best suited to Hooker? I know that fat git Riddell is there, but I was under the impression he'd be used more as a running backrower.

BD5733

Juniors
Booyah said:
BD5733 said:
Booyah said:

PJ Marsh
John Morris
Tim Smith

That's right, I forgot about PJ.

But wouldn't he be best suited to Hooker? I know that fat git Riddell is there, but I was under the impression he'd be used more as a running backrower.

He may well be, but he is not at all needed to play that role.

Hindmarsh and Morrison can both play 80 minutes every week in the back row.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
mightybears said:
the " Team that brian smith rejects XIII" is getting stronger but manly still need a team that can tackle
hahahahaah
matie i think you should be more concerned whether you have a club who fields sides in premier league or not now the Leagues Club has pulled the plug.
Norths may finnally be put out of their misery.

Melony
why dont you wait and see how we perform in 2005 before making smarty comments.
We beat 5 out of the 8 teams who made this years finals, it was our efforts in the winnable games against the bottom 8 sides that cost us.
Not bad for a club $800 000 under the cap, what did u expect us to do, do a norths and spend more money than we have and go broke???

eelsta

Bench
Cliffy GC said:
Thank you very much Denarse and Brianne
watch this young bloke throw egg all over ure face just like
Andrew Ryan
Ian Hindmarsh
Clinton Schicosfski
Pj marsh
Scott Donald
Willie Tonga
Brett Hodgson
Pat Richards
have when they have gone to other clubs and have excelled.

congrats on your signing i wish him well, and about egg all over face does matt orford or brett kimmorley ring a bell mmmm

Latest posts