What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mick Crawley?

RED73V

Juniors
Ok so mick crawleys record as an nrl assistant

Raiders 2007. 14th
Raiders. 2008. 6th
Cowboys 2009. 12th
Cowboys 2010. 15th
Cowboys 2011. 7th
Knights. 2012. 12th
Knights. 2013. 7th
Knights. 2014. 12th
Dragons 2019. 14th currently
Dunno about you doesn’t scream success you’d think the dragons would’ve done their due diligence
That took me 10 mins to compile they’re his facts too sorry but he’s a dud signing

He is exactly what Mcdips##t wants fits the bill perfectly. Ready made scapegoat he can throw under the bus like he did with Demitriou .

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Please no more oxygen on this bloke Crawley

He surely is a waste of oxygen. I look at him and think of him as the bloke who had been on the drink the last 20 years and his head had copped some bar stools yet we take him in an advisory role. Please can anyone understand what he can bring and what he has brought to the table as an advisor.

The only thing me thinks he has brought is a cheap cask of wine that has been sitting on the shelf of liquor land that no one wants to touch

Dragons 09

Juniors
Ok so mick crawleys record as an nrl assistant

Raiders 2007. 14th
Raiders. 2008. 6th
Cowboys 2009. 12th
Cowboys 2010. 15th
Cowboys 2011. 7th
Knights. 2012. 12th
Knights. 2013. 7th
Knights. 2014. 12th
Dragons 2019. 14th currently
Dunno about you doesn’t scream success you’d think the dragons would’ve done their due diligence
That took me 10 mins to compile they’re his facts too sorry but he’s a dud signing

At least he is consistent........consistently useless!
If you were a sceptic you might think he was engaged for his relationship with the media more-so than his coaching ability. Can't have enough good news stories or deflection articles doing the rounds :rolleyes:

Please no more oxygen on this bloke Crawley

He surely is a waste of oxygen. I look at him and think of him as the bloke who had been on the drink the last 20 years and his head had copped some bar stools yet we take him in an advisory role. Please can anyone understand what he can bring and what he has brought to the table as an advisor.

The only thing me thinks he has brought is a cheap cask of wine that has been sitting on the shelf of liquor land that no one wants to touch
my sentiments exactly lol

John Bogangar

Juniors
whats the go with this guy sits in the coaches box says f**k all in the media has a direct line to the telegraph via his brother and his brother has a set of eyes and ears in the joint and by the way went quite hard at the players on 360 and staunchly defended the coach fails the smell test for mine and my nose ain’t flash??? See how red it is???
Pretty sure they
He is exactly what Mcdips##t wants fits the bill perfectly. Ready made scapegoat he can throw under the bus like he did with Demitriou .
Pretty sure that's what they have planned for all the support staff. Problem is McGregor doesnt listen to any of them. Young and Hornby get no say, either does Crawley. Their attack hasnt changed since last year. This bloke was attack coach at the Cowboys and Raiders when both were exciting attack sides in comp. His teams play lively footy but Drags this year resemble none of that. Theyre so predictable my granny could mark them man for man. I reckon keep support staff and get rid of the bloke that wont listen even when results are going L, L, L, L

Pretty sure they

Pretty sure that's what they have planned for all the support staff. Problem is McGregor doesnt listen to any of them. Young and Hornby get no say, either does Crawley. Their attack hasnt changed since last year. This bloke was attack coach at the Cowboys and Raiders when both were exciting attack sides in comp. His teams play lively footy but Drags this year resemble none of that. Theyre so predictable my granny could mark them man for man. I reckon keep support staff and get rid of the bloke that wont listen even when results are going L, L, L, L
Go back a page and see his record while either as an assistant and coach and his record is pretty ordinary I composed that off his stats provided to the dragons website upon his appointment just can’t see the reason they got him and can’t see what he’s doing there

denis preston

First Grade
Pretty sure they

John, if thats the case ( and it may be true ) why hasn't these AC's resigned in protest that they were being ignored by the head coach ? I know why : they didn't want to jeopardize their pay packet. It will come back to bite them because who would here or in England employ them after our disastrous record.Time for Hornby & Young to go out and get a proper job like the rest of us.

John Bogangar

Juniors
Go back a page and see his record while either as an assistant and coach and his record is pretty ordinary I composed that off his stats provided to the dragons website upon his appointment just can’t see the reason they got him and can’t see what he’s doing there
That’s the overall records but what about the attacking records? Everyone would agree those teams played exciting footy and threatened across the park. They certainly didn’t play safe, they played different to most sides. From what Matty Johns said on Fox a while back this guy knows his stuff. I just wanted to see the Dragons play exciting this year but their attack is exactly the same as last year, only with weaker edges and an origin forward missing. They are so predictable in attack. Those sides you mentioned he was attack coach of weren’t predictable. The Dragons had solid defence last couple of seasons but now they’re down on confidence even that’s gone. They should be top four. Bottom line is Mary wont give the other coaches a say and the board is backing him and getting rid of the rest. It’s a waste of a good side and disappointing for fans who see the potential. More wasted years when they should be contending. If he won’t change things they need to show him the door because what he’s doing isn’t working and he isn’t changing even now the season is as good as over. The fans would back him if he had a crack but he doesn’t try anything different. He needs to.

Como Connection

First Grade
That’s the overall records but what about the attacking records? Everyone would agree those teams played exciting footy and threatened across the park. They certainly didn’t play safe, they played different to most sides. From what Matty Johns said on Fox a while back this guy knows his stuff. I just wanted to see the Dragons play exciting this year but their attack is exactly the same as last year, only with weaker edges and an origin forward missing. They are so predictable in attack. Those sides you mentioned he was attack coach of weren’t predictable. The Dragons had solid defence last couple of seasons but now they’re down on confidence even that’s gone. They should be top four. Bottom line is Mary wont give the other coaches a say and the board is backing him and getting rid of the rest. It’s a waste of a good side and disappointing for fans who see the potential. More wasted years when they should be contending. If he won’t change things they need to show him the door because what he’s doing isn’t working and he isn’t changing even now the season is as good as over. The fans would back him if he had a crack but he doesn’t try anything different. He needs to.
Welcome JB and well stated.
So hopeless the Dragons now.
CC

The ladder finishes of those sides should show their attacking prowess and he got Newcastle 20s to first on the ladder and didn’t make the grand final and was gone the following year and nothing Matty John’s says about this guy will convince otherwise just another oxygen thief at the club

and while I appreciate and agree with a lot you say nobody can convince me crawley is the genius he’s made out to be

SEAT 1A

Bench
The club hired him to show they were doing something as they are doing again this year.

Give your opinion and after reflection, agree with the coach knowing the coach won't listen to you, sit back and laugh your arse off at the end of the season, easy money.

The only problem is the team is second last and you will get sacked.

denis preston

First Grade
Cat wait for the 180 deg turn that his brother does when he gets sacked ! He will go off deluxe.

How can Kent & Crawley state that Mary is a good coach and not back it up with figures not excuses ? It is very frustrating to listen to.

giboz71

First Grade
Cat wait for the 180 deg turn that his brother does when he gets sacked ! He will go off deluxe.

How can Kent & Crawley state that Mary is a good coach and not back it up with figures not excuses ? It is very frustrating to listen to.

Kent goes off deluxe at all and sundry. Whether its the judiciary, players, administrators. Ivan Cleary got a bake from one of his columns as well.

How he spares Mary from scrutiny just shows the NRL is all about agendas and protecting your mates. He was protecting him again last night when Billy Moore was going on about his paltry 47% win rate and our season fade outs. Kent was quick to point to last year and we beat the Broncos in that semi.

Zero consistency whatsoever when it comes to the media.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Kent goes off deluxe at all and sundry. Whether its the judiciary, players, administrators. Ivan Cleary got a bake from one of his columns as well.

How he spares Mary from scrutiny just shows the NRL is all about agendas and protecting your mates. He was protecting him again last night when Billy Moore was going on about his paltry 47% win rate and our season fade outs. Kent was quick to point to last year and we beat the Broncos in that semi.

Zero consistency whatsoever when it comes to the media.
Exactly right. One good game......to which he couldn't believe was happening by the look on his face. The ones in the media that make excuses for him and back him up with bs are a disgrace