What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid year tests in 2022

That's not a fact, it's just what Tony Kemp claimed. Personally if someone was born in Brisbane but moved to Auckland at 6 years old, I wouldn't want them to play for Qld or Australia

All Blacks is a far more well known brand than the Maroons. Maybe he just wants to play for that logo, rather than representing his country of birth. All Blacks would pay higher than being a Wallaby too.

Again, everyone selected for QLD is a QLDer, the rules are in place and are enforced. I don't think Origin should be tied to national eligibility at all. I don't see why you can't be a QLDer and a Kiwi

I'm a Raiders fan. The Papalii situation is a fact. He didn't have to play for the junior kiwis, but chose to. His mind was then changed. I obviously have a lot of admiration for both Papalii and Meninga, but it was unfair to us Kiwis.

f**k Ponga, he's a wanker but I'll just leave this here for you:

images

Another mind changed I guess.

Everyone selected for Qld is obviously not a Queenslander. I'm pretty sure I saw kiwi Ronaldo Muitalo in a Maroon blazer just last year. But he didn't play....why? Cos he's not a Queenslander. Qld are and always will be desperate for players.

Adrian Lam had played for PNG. He was given a special dispensation to play for QLD during the SL War as QLD are desperate for players. Carroll played for the kiwis at the 2000 WC then switched back to Aus. He's the modern day Dally Messenger I guess. Thorn played for the All Blacks. He also plays for logos.

Also, do you see us trying to claim Nathan Cleary who's arguably the best player in the world? He spent most of his formative years in NZ and played his first game of RL for the Mount Albert Lions. We are just not as desperate as Qld.

Hartwood

Juniors
Also, do you see us trying to claim Nathan Cleary
Well then why didn't they? Judging by the photo it seems NZ did try to claim Ponga. Theyre currently trying to get Schuster, born and raised Australian. Reimis Smith plays for NZ, born and raised Australian. But I bet you won't complain about these.

Mulitalo didn't play Origin so my point is still relevant.

Papalii is dual eligible, whether he chose qld due to money or not doesn't make QLD any more desperate. You'd be dumb not to convince the best players to play for your team, every board does this.

If Papalii is your best argument that's 1 player out of 17, someone who moved to Australia at 6, played all his juniors in Australia and then switched. NZ shouldn't have to rely on QRL juniors, why should the QRL waste money on producing junior players if they just get poached by NZRL?

Matua

Bench
I had no idea Josh Papali'i was even qualified for NZ.

If players don't want to play for us then I don't want them around which is why I don't want Mulitalo picked. Luai is the worst, played Junior Kiwis for NZ and is going to wind up playing for Samoa and/or Oz.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If you choose to pa,h for a jnr rep side then that’s it, you shou,d have to sick with that allegiance. Ridiculous to see players in a jnr kiwi shirt then a kangaroos jersey. Disrespects both countries.

Well then why didn't they? Judging by the photo it seems NZ did try to claim Ponga. Theyre currently trying to get Schuster, born and raised Australian. Reimis Smith plays for NZ, born and raised Australian. But I bet you won't complain about these.

Mulitalo didn't play Origin so my point is still relevant.

Papalii is dual eligible, whether he chose qld due to money or not doesn't make QLD any more desperate. You'd be dumb not to convince the best players to play for your team, every board does this.

If Papalii is your best argument that's 1 player out of 17, someone who moved to Australia at 6, played all his juniors in Australia and then switched. NZ shouldn't have to rely on QRL juniors, why should the QRL waste money on producing junior players if they just get poached by NZRL?

Ponga indeed accepted selection in that NZ squad and then changed his mind. Honourable.

Reimis Smith's father played for NZ. Don't you have a legacy rule in Origin? Aren't we allowed to do the same? Schuster's uncle was a legendary All Black. But Aus can have him.

Your point is invalid as QLD still tried to get around the rules and select Muitalo. The only reason he didn't get on the field is some random person on Twitter alerted the NSWRL, who don't want another Greg Inglis situation to occur. It was a desperate ploy by QLD as you have such a shit squad.

Papalii is just one example. There's Karmichael Hunt, Ben Te'o (who was selected in the wider 2008 kiwis WC squad and then switched to QLD). You also tried to get Taumalolo before he played for NZ. The list goes on. Queensland are just desperate and always will be. Qld are the biggest blight on the international game. I'd like to reiterate that we have a very small pool of players to pick from. It would be nice not to have to compete for players.

It's a pity for you that the era which inspired your lil avatar is well and truly over. NSW will pump you again this year.

You like to claim kiwis who move to Aus as teenagers, but your country deports criminals to NZ who move to Aus at 1 day old.

Hartwood

Juniors
Ponga indeed accepted selection in that NZ squad and then changed his mind. Honourable.

Reimis Smith's father played for NZ. Don't you have a legacy rule in Origin? Aren't we allowed to do the same? Schuster's uncle was a legendary All Black. But Aus can have him.

Your point is invalid as QLD still tried to get around the rules and select Muitalo. The only reason he didn't get on the field is some random person on Twitter alerted the NSWRL, who don't want another Greg Inglis situation to occur. It was a desperate ploy by QLD as you have such a shit squad.

Papalii is just one example. There's Karmichael Hunt, Ben Te'o (who was selected in the wider 2008 kiwis WC squad and then switched to QLD). You also tried to get Taumalolo before he played for NZ. The list goes on. Queensland are just desperate and always will be. Qld are the biggest blight on the international game. I'd like to reiterate that we have a very small pool of players to pick from. It would be nice not to have to compete for players.

It's a pity for you that the era which inspired your lil avatar is well and truly over. NSW will pump you again this year.

You like to claim kiwis who move to Aus as teenagers, but your country deports criminals to NZ who move to Aus at 1 day old.
You're a hypocrite, Ponga played u/20s QLD, yet you claim Papalii shouldn't play for QLD because he played for the junior KIwis. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I'd have no problem with Schuster or Smith playing for NZ, that was my point.

"I'd like to reiterate that we have a very small pool of players to pick from" and so you have to rely on picking Australians?

"It would be nice not to have to compete for players." Again, your whole argument is that you don't want QLD to pick their own juniors. The rules are in place and are adhered to. It sure would be nice if NZ stopped trying to steal QLDers, but it is what it is.

"It's a pity for you that the era which inspired your lil avatar is well and truly over. NSW will pump you again this year."

Ikr 1 in a row is a true era of dominance for NSW 🤣

Last edited:
You're a hypocrite, Ponga played u/20s QLD, yet you claim Papalii shouldn't play for QLD because he played for the junior KIwis. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I'd have no problem with Schuster or Smith playing for NZ, that was my point.

"I'd like to reiterate that we have a very small pool of players to pick from" and so you have to rely on picking Australians?

"It would be nice not to have to compete for players." Again, your whole argument is that you don't want QLD to pick their own juniors. The rules are in place and are adhered to. It sure would be nice if NZ stopped trying to steal QLDers, but it is what it is.

"It's a pity for you that the era which inspired your lil avatar is well and truly over. NSW will pump you again this year."

Ikr 1 in a row is a true era of dominance for NSW 🤣
A wise man said don't argue with fools, cos people from a distance can't tell who is who.

Coastbloke

Bench
According to Buzz in today’s Sunday Telegraph, Fiji will play PNG and Samoa will play Cooks in a double header in Sydney. NZ and Tonga will be in Auckland. Part of a rep weekend during Origin.

Hmmmm. Would like to see a ‘official announcement.’

Hartwood

Juniors
According to Buzz in today’s Sunday Telegraph, Fiji will play PNG and Samoa will play Cooks in a double header in Sydney. NZ and Tonga will be in Auckland. Part of a rep weekend during Origin.

Hmmmm. Would like to see a ‘official announcement.’
Seems like Matty and Joey will be coaching Samoa as well, Parish axed

Hartwood

Juniors
Good to see the Cooks starting to get recognised
Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but with only 17,000 people I don't really care if the Cook Islands have success in RL. I don't think it's a great look if one of our better international sides is the size of Broken Hill, I think they'll essentially be replaced on the international stage once Bougainville gains independence anyway

siv

First Grade
Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but with only 17,000 people I don't really care if the Cook Islands have success in RL. I don't think it's a great look if one of our better international sides is the size of Broken Hill, I think they'll essentially be replaced on the international stage once Bougainville gains independence anyway
Thats not a Oceania issue

They should be continuing their develop of places like New Calendonia, Niue, Solomon Is, Vanuatu

African and South America are coming along nicely

Arucard

Juniors
Yeah, screw my heritage. We don't deserve to even play the game....

Latest posts