What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid year tests in 2022

Coastbloke

Bench
Good they are going ahead but couldn't they have found a better venue than Campbelltown?

I agree PR. Although I have to admit, I expected the ARLC to announce the venue to be Leichardt out of sheer apathy.

I guess Campbelltown is a improvement, but Commbank would have been better, particularly with some promotion. Have no doubt that beyond today, you won't hear about it again until a few days from kickoff...

Perth Red

Post Whore
I agree PR. Although I have to admit, I expected the ARLC to announce the venue to be Leichardt out of sheer apathy.

I guess Campbelltown is a improvement, but Commbank would have been better, particularly with some promotion. Have no doubt that beyond today, you won't hear about it again until a few days from kickoff...
Nothing says International RL like two countries playing in a neutral country in a run down stadium lol
Play the thing at Commbank and offer tickets for $10 a pop and fill the place! theres no NRl to go to that weekend in Sydney so might as well get fans to the best RL stadium in the city for some international action!

Matua

Bench
Maybe Commbank (which I assume is Parra) is busy with something else that weekend? Or maybe it's too expensive to hire?

Parra I might have gone to (for the Cooks match) as I can direct train it but Campbelltown is a bitch to get to.

The_Frog

First Grade
Why would you play manu at fullback and CNK at centre?

Also what’s happened to DWZ? Is he injured or just out of form?
Both at the moment, although he wasn't going too bad until he had a run in with NAS's knee the other day. Accidental; of course.

Be funny if former Junior Kiwis Talaki and Luai turned out for Origin and then Tonga and Samoa.
Luai is definitely a chance to do that. As for Talakai, why are the Aus media assuming he wants to play for NSW? Has he declared his allegiance?

Fotuaika was also in the same JKs team and we lost him too.

...looks like Talakai has declared for NSW.

Quote from 2 years ago:

“I think if I was to pick a side, I’d pick New Zealand. I’d go home and my parents would probably be wearing [Tongan] red. It'd be me against the family,"

NOTE: Link doesn't work for some reason

Last edited:

taste2taste

Juniors
If Samoa plays the same weekend To'o, Tino, Papalli, Luai, Paulo ( am I forgetting anyone? ) would all be backing up to play for Samoa a few days after playing SOO

PS apologies for the appalling spelling of some names.

jim_57

Staff member
If Samoa plays the same weekend To'o, Tino, Papalli, Luai, Paulo ( am I forgetting anyone? ) would all be backing up to play for Samoa a few days after playing SOO

PS apologies for the appalling spelling of some names.

SoO 2 is on the Sunday, one day after these games so nobody will be playing for both unfortunately for the pacific nations.

jim_57

Staff member
Hypothetical teams time. It’ll be interesting to see some of the teams this year after such a long break from internationals. Not sure if any/all Super League players will come over and we could see a few surprise/new heritage players as well.

Fiji:
1. S Turuva
2. M Sivo / K Naiqama
3. S Valemei
4. W Blake / T Milne
5. M Ravalawa
6. J Lovodua
7. B Wakeham
8. D Saifiti
9. A Koroisau
10. R Campbell-Gillard
11. T Sims
12. V Kikau
13. T Kamikamica

14. M Montoya
15. J Saifiti
16. K Vuniyayawa
17. B Nakubuwai

Can probably expect RCG, Sims & D Saifiti to play origin with Koroisau in the mix, there are quite a few more playing in Super League & NSW Cup & QLD Cup to call up for cover as well.

Clarkent

Juniors
Full strength samoan team would be a team to watch out for unfortunately Parish is still the coach 🤦‍♂️
1 Suali'i
2 To'o
3 Tago
4 Crichton
5 May
6 Luai
7 Milford
8 Paulo
9 Levi
10 Papali'i
11 Sua
12 Schuster
13 Fa'asuamaleaui

mikail-eagle

Bench
From what's available to PNG at the moment excluding players in England, the Kumuls will probably look like this;

1. Alex Johnson
2. Xavier Coates/Solo Wane (If Coates is not playing origin)
3. David Mead
4. Justin Olam
5. Jedidah Sibiken / Edene Gebbie
6. Lachlan Lam
7. Kyle Laybutt
8. Epel Kapinias
9. James Segeyaro
10. Mckenzie Yei
11. Nickson Putt
12. Daniel Russell
13. Jack de Beline

14. Laim Horne
15. Zev John
16. Dilbert Issac
17. Moses Meninga

Hartwood

Juniors
I don't think NZ can justifiably pick SJ in the halves at this stage, especially with the form of Hughes and D Brown. Te Maire Martin has also been great so far at FB and would allow Manu to play in the centres.

1. Martin
6. Brown
7. Hughes
9. Smith

I thinks that's the Kiwis best spine at this stage, other than FB thats close to the best international spine rn

mikail-eagle

Bench
New coaches for PNG announced tonight.

280931331_711668513286416_4354142989389927721_n.jpg

Latest posts