What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid year tests in 2022

Clarkent

Juniors
I don't think NZ can justifiably pick SJ in the halves at this stage, especially with the form of Hughes and D Brown. Te Maire Martin has also been great so far at FB and would allow Manu to play in the centres.

1. Martin
6. Brown
7. Hughes
9. Smith

I thinks that's the Kiwis best spine at this stage, other than FB thats close to the best international spine rn
Martin shouldn't be a fb for the kiwis... I'd pick Manu or Rapana

Coastbloke

Bench

RedVee_8

Juniors
Heard that a Lebanon vs Malta test is to be played as well. Belmore Sports Ground same weekend as the Pacific Tests at Campbelltown.

Anyone have more complete details?

Matua

Bench
Correct. It looks like the NRL are following Shane Richardson's plan for International RL

View attachment 62559
What the actual hell. Is Australia so scared of losing test matches that they're just going to stack the decks against the Kiwis. It's not enough that they allow PIs to play Origin and for PI teams, but now they want to stop NZ playing test matches when Origin is on.

There's no point being a league fan in NZ anymore, the Warriors need to be burnt to the ground and Australia is continuing to kill off international league.

What a joke.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Agree.

As league fans we have to realise our game is now run by the NRL clubs and News Corp/V'landys. All decisions are based on what's best for the clubs and the bottom line, the game comes second.

jim_57

Staff member
The pre-Origin NRL games suck so not sure why the NRL is going back to all Wednesdays. The Sunday game and rep weekend seemed to be gaining in popularity up until 2020.

It would be great if NZ had the power to stand up and say “OK we’ll play on the Thursday after Origin” but unfortunately that is never going to happen.

siv

First Grade
I thinj a good comprimise woukd still be 3 weekends

But all SOO games are played on Tuesday night

No NRL clubs miss players

We have 3 weekends for rep games

Play 4 nations Pacific Cup, 4 nation Euro Cup

Add other games like the Affiliate State Comp, U19s U21s

And maybe a QF SF F of a midweek cup on ThNF FNF for players not selected in rep football

Round 1-2 would be played in the pre season

taste2taste

Juniors
Full strength samoan team would be a team to watch out for unfortunately Parish is still the coach 🤦‍♂️
1 Suali'i
2 To'o
3 Tago
4 Crichton
5 May
6 Luai
7 Milford
8 Paulo
9 Levi
10 Papali'i
11 Sua
12 Schuster
13 Fa'asuamaleaui
That's a great team, could beat anyone.

It's a shame half that team will be MIA because they'll be playing in the pinnacle of our embarrassing small game ... state Vs state

taste2taste

Juniors
Wouldn't it be good if all the Tongan, Samoan and Fijian players chose country over state.
It would throw Origin into chaos ( loosing roughly 10 players ) and show the NRL that although they don't take international footy seriously...the players do !

RedVee_8

Juniors
Lebanon vs Malta
Wednesday Jun 22 at 7pm.

I’d prefer 12 noon or 2pm on the Saturday or Sunday afternoon but here it is

Stinkfinger

Juniors
What the actual hell. Is Australia so scared of losing test matches that they're just going to stack the decks against the Kiwis. It's not enough that they allow PIs to play Origin and for PI teams, but now they want to stop NZ playing test matches when Origin is on.

There's no point being a league fan in NZ anymore, the Warriors need to be burnt to the ground and Australia is continuing to kill off international league.

What a joke.
Those who make these decisions are not afraid of Australia losing games. In fact they'd love Australia to lose games so the international sport would gain more interest by being more competitive, which is the great attraction of Origin. What they are afraid of is losing money.

Australia winning all the time has brought international RL to where it is now.

Last edited:

Latest posts