What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mighty Mouse my a***

Palms

Juniors
the 'prodigal son' returns yet does nothing. If this was Moltzen round 1 imagine the amount of people waiting to put his head in a noose. Agreed he has played some good games in first grade but atm Moltzen is a few rungs above him in the fullback ladder.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
What about Jake Mullany or Coedi Towney? Are either of those two ready to play fullback in FG?

I've only seen Tigers NYC games a couple of times, but Towney has looked good in all of those matches (3 or 4).

Any chance? Noticed he scored a double today as well playing on the wing.

Gallant is too small, he's struggle against the high-ball with people coming through.

He'd have next to no chance vs Stewart etc.

Gallant is the best #1 in the club. That his f**king coach deemed it necessary to leave him in the NSW cup then send him into the NRL against the form side without a minute of NRL this year under his belt is not Gallant's fault.

Give Gallant a few weeks and he'll be scoring plenty of tries off the big blokes and he'll be fine in defence.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I'm not going to hang the bloke after 1 game- I watched it late last night and agree he did not play well but it is only 1 game and his past performances have been good. As ameliorating factors we need to consider that he was only thrown in as fullback last minute after preparing all week as interchange, no prior chance to settle in with the team, disruption was throughout backline as Sheens juggled team last minute due to Marshalls withdrawl and Gallant himself apparently had the flu too.

His goalkicking was bad though- WT need to have a few options there. Not sure who else can kick reasonably well?

Highlander

Juniors
1 bad game and hang him hey lads? Your kidding give the guy a break if it was that Easy YOU DROPKICKS would be out there playing today:crazy::crazy: The poor bloke would be shattered ATM missing his chance. I just pray that Sheens dont hang him out to dry.

chopsy_05

Juniors
What about Jake Mullany or Coedi Towney? Are either of those two ready to play fullback in FG?

I've only seen Tigers NYC games a couple of times, but Towney has looked good in all of those matches (3 or 4).

Any chance? Noticed he scored a double today as well playing on the wing.

Towney does look the goods. I would happily see him on the wing instead of Ryan.

super_coach

First Grade
The gap between u20'S and FG is light years, Towney Lu and any other name you want to throw up would be lambs to the slaughter if thrown into FG. The NRL have to change the format, their is now no proper nursery for FG, maybe they have to go back to the u23 concept. The under 20 comp is just a step up from school stuff. In years gone by the good kids comming up would learn their trade playing with some old hard heads. Every game I see now is a cricket score,plenty of flashy stuff but defense is just not their

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Towney is about 50 kilos ringing wet. needs a few trips to KFC before I'd consider him for NRL football.
Yeah, that's a fair enough point.

He definitely looks to have enough natural skill to cope in first grade when he gets there, though.

Perhaps worth picking up in the VNRL comp I'm in for 2010 ..

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Gallant is the best #1 in the club. That his f**king coach deemed it necessary to leave him in the NSW cup then send him into the NRL against the form side without a minute of NRL this year under his belt is not Gallant's fault.

Give Gallant a few weeks and he'll be scoring plenty of tries off the big blokes and he'll be fine in defence.

I agree. This is as bad a game as Gallant can play. Gallant can't play any worse if he tried. Having said that he did a few good things. This guy is a natural footballer. Has a great instinct both in defence and attack. the game against the Dogs was abit of rush job and he just needs to be shown some confidence by the coach. Peace off Morris from 5/8 and throw in Moltzen.

chunk

Juniors
I am preparing myself to have egg all over my face today.

Mighty Mouse.....go you good thing

macnaz

Staff member
For the knockers and people with short memories i thought i would bump this thread so u can have a read back at all the BS. Regardless if Gallant has a shocker next week , the last 2 games he has shown a snippet of his ability and if u all think he doesnt offer more than Moltzen as fullback well u can all go Blow Tim.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
My only complaint is his size.

Other than that, he's a very solid 1st grade fullback.

I would say he weighs more than Hogson, Bowen and Preston Campbell and size has never been a factor in their inclusion in the NRL. He has heart , skill, speed which more than makes up for size.

Last edited:

N.C.

Juniors
Gallant is my new favourite player. I want to have his babies and I'll be taking the Brett Hodgson figurine down off the shelf right away.