1. LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication - The Front Row - to accompany your footy weekend. INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 32 pages and packed full. EDITION 1 - OUT NOW! JUST CLICK HERE TO READ ONLINE OR DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PDF COPY.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikaele Ravalawa

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by SnowDragon, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Juniors

Don't disagree but I just think that Mary thinks Sailor is a number 14, he even said so in s interview. (Wish I could remember the exact date).
    Hopefully Mary has less say and he will be used correctly not a winger but fb or back up 6.

BLM01 likes this.
  2. George Dragon

George Dragon Juniors

It was 20min to go we were down 22-10 it was a bad drop but not the reason they lost.

BLM01 likes this.
  3. Como Connection

Como Connection Bench

Kurt Mann.
    CC

4. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs Coach

We’re already there. Well and truly.

Saint_JimmyG likes this.
  5. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Young and Doust combo before Mulholland

6. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Do tell Possm...no dont worry... I can guess...They are all from outside the 50km radius from Wollongong CBD which I understand is a big problem.

But before you go there Tariq sims was signed by Warwick and Vaughan was signed for not that much but obviously deserved to be upgraded after his explosive arrival

7. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

I would really like to know about the rift between Merrin & Morris. Are you sure about that?
    And a little birdy told me that Jack Bird wanted a guarantee 1st grade position the next year before he played 1st grade and decided to go when the club would not.... and whilst I agree with the club stance it was a mistake but what would of been his best position?...cause Widdop was a better 6 than him IMO.

8. possm

possm Coach

My mistake, I meant between Mary and B Morris and Mary and Merin.

9. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

I loved BMoz and still wish he never left...
    Merrin was told by too many how good he was or will be...and just listened

10. Slippery Morris

Slippery Morris First Grade

Saab is our future BMoz. Give this kid time. He is only young so you can't expect him to go out firing. His debut was quite special apart from the final minute.

11. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

I dont blame Saab for the final minute as I believe Souths had blokes stand in front of him as blockers under the ball not trying to catch it and took his legs in the air but that argument is now meaningless.
    The final seconds Yes..he should of stayed out.

getsmarty and Dragonsamy like this.
  12. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Juniors

Saab also had a lack of support from his on players

BLM01, getsmarty and Como Connection like this.
  13. denis preston

denis preston Bench

Apparently there's a rumor that since Bird's departure some players who have signed on after have a clause in their contract on a minimum number of NRL games to play to keep their profile up for their next contract .Kufusi was one. Kick in the guts for the local young players waiting for a chance if true.

BLM01 likes this.
  14. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

Merrin IS good.

Wayne Bennett wouldn’t have picked him in the top 17 grand final winning team in 2010 if this weren’t true.

Unfortunately, his career was derailed as soon as the ludicrous decision was made to move him from prop to lock. As with many others (besides monetary reasons), he left because the writing on the wall was clear with McGregor in charge.

15. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

It was post Bennett era while he was was young and being tutored by Micheal Weyman which was a great thing. It was the Price era were it started to unravel a bit playing fancy with footwork and offloading at the wrong times and it started to go a bit to his head..FACT.
    Look how good he is now and still not that old.and where he is playing..dropped from representative and Penrith were happy to let him go as not worth the money he and manager thought he was

Dragonsamy and getsmarty like this.
  16. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

Penrith’s coaching continued the rot by keeping Merrin as a fancy footed lock, when his best footy was a head down, bum up style under Bennett,

Fact.

Dragonsamy, getsmarty and BLM01 like this.