1. LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication - The Front Row - to accompany your footy weekend. INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 32 pages and packed full. EDITION 1 - OUT NOW! JUST CLICK HERE TO READ ONLINE OR DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PDF COPY.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikaele Ravalawa

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by SnowDragon, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

Agree SJG.

My thoughts are that Mc85mins will play him fullback with Lomax either at wing or centre. However, weren't we signing the French dude Gigot to play fullback, or was that a myth too!

Saint_JimmyG likes this.
  2. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

From memory it was either Field or Clune who passed it. I stand corrected though

George Dragon likes this.
  3. possm

possm Coach

I want them both gone, Mary and Millward. Both of these clowns are a big part of our problem.

Mullholland seems to be doing a great job at the Raiders. Was always a better option than Millward.

I subscribe to the idea that recruitment should report to the head coach and that the head coach is responsible for all recruitment decisions. Mary clearly was not up to this so the old boys set up a special department independent of the head coach to take care of recruitment, pathways and retention. Very poor decision. I say, if Mary could not do this important element of his job, he should have been let go.

4. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Juniors

George
    I think the Sailor may be used as a bench player as he can play in a few positions .
    What is your thoughts

5. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Juniors

Jimmy I think he will be used of the bench.

Saint_JimmyG likes this.
  6. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Juniors

I think it maybe la myth bonjour

7. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs Coach

We have a real lack of first graders if we’re talking about Sailor like this. He’s a kid.

We are royally rooted.

8. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Ok...cant remember that...I remember something in the 1st half...was it that simple?
    Anyway does not matter now and besides he should not of been brought back for the 1 game after his neck / back injury and so many weeks off IMO
    For me Head's selections for that game was the reason. The Jets were always going to roll us through the middle with big bodies and we had their measure out wide with the right players

9. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

I was going to say Sailor who moved to fullback?...anyway someone will know.... all good

10. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

T
    This time I dont disagree with anything you say there except not so sure Mulholland did a great job for us and you were led to believe by the club and even Mary himself that Mary is not involved with recruitment and retention but he is into it up to his neck but just does not get involved with the figures, contract terms and conditions etc. Pathways YES in regards to selections in 1st grade.
    But I am happy if we get a better recruitment guru officer from a superior Top 7 side from last year
    Canberra is only doing Ok with the help of British imports from SL...which I dont like but thats a personal thing about going overseas to recruit before looking here

11. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

If Gigot gets within cooee of first grade, Saints are in deep :poop:.

12. George Dragon

George Dragon Juniors

And who did he sign when he was here..
    Luke Ball
    George Rose
    Eto Nabuli
    It doesn't matter who has the job its Mary and the club, no player has wanted to come here for 6 years.

13. George Dragon

George Dragon Juniors

Depends how much say Mary still has.
    If he is used off the bench it's another career killed.

Wittenberg and Dragonsamy like this.
  14. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

Don’t forget that “future Immortal”, Mark Ioane.

I agree, Mullholland was a DISASTER for SGI. As I’ve previously said, there’s a reason why he couldn’t cut the mustard as an NRL coach.

Not sure I concur that “no player has wanted to come here (to Saints) in the past six years”. Vaughan, the Sims brothers, Graham, Norman and Hunt all suggest otherwise. Of course, the main contributing factor here is the club’s proclivity in paying ridiculous “overs” to address its shortcomings.

15. George Dragon

George Dragon Juniors

Norman Graham K Sims all players off loaded by their club.
    Yep Hunt overs.
    Taz the only one who wanted to come here and maybe Vaughan and he is the only one I think that has been value for money.

BBTB, Dragonsamy and Ronnie Dobbs like this.
  16. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

Now you mention it you could be right;)
    All water under the bridge :)

17. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

They all wanted to come here for various reasons but primarily monetary ones.

Norman’s stipend is also grossly inflated, in my opinion.

T. Sims has been value for money. Don’t forget he has debuted for NSW, and it wasn’t his fault McDopey busted his balls this year by playing him whilst injured.

18. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

If he is on the bench he will not really be 'used'. Mary must be close to the worst manager of the bench in the comp, players are forgotten, given 5 minutes or are sent on at the same point week in, week out. Anyone put on our bench are stuffed.

19. possm

possm Coach

You might remember that Craig Young made a complete mess of the roster and it was left to Mullholland to sort that out. Then we had the rift between B Morris and Merrin. After that the Jack Bird affair. Mullholland had his hands tied and as he reported to Mary, had no help at all.

20. possm

possm Coach

What do all of the above players have in common?