What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minichello vs Hunt vs Inglis

Hunt vs Inglis vs Mini

• Total voters

philstorm

Juniors
How would these three stack up at Full-Back, though it's admittedly hard to judge Minichello after he had an unfortunate season racked with injury.

But think back to Origin 2005 where he was at his dynamic best - will he get back to that level and if so, how would that compare to the form that Hunt and Inglis are in currently?

Inglis, isnt a fullback, he is equally freakish at fullback, but probably wont get to spend too much time there, as slater can only play fullback, and inglis can play multiple positions in the backline

Hunt i think is still establishing himself as a player, just last year, he was getting smashed, and no one rated him, this year, he has really stepped up to the plate, i think he is one of the best in the nrl at fullback

Minichiello, a bit hard, since he has been injured all year practically, cant really remember too much of how he plays, because ive seen inglis pretty much take the spotlight

i have to go with inglis, he is just an absolute genius

Stranger

Coach
Mini is the best FULLBACK out of that bunch without a shadow of doubt in my mind.

Inglis has alot more talent that mini, but as a fullback, mini is the best in the buisness.

philstorm

Juniors
Oh, I forgot to mention - I have to go with Minichello. Despite the fact that he's been injured for the majority of this year, you just need to think back to last years Origin series to remember what a terrific player he is.

Whilst I rate Inglis and Hunt immensely, Mini has just been too good, too consistent a player over such a long period of time for me not to put him as the number 1 full-back in the competition.

It's going to be great to see Hunt, Mini, Inglis, Stewart, Bowen and Hodgson battle it out for 'Full-Back supremacy' next year.

Redback71

First Grade
hunt is a bloody kiwi and should not be there that being said you seem to forget about brett hodgson if wasnt for his injury he would be there right now instead of hunt but if i had to choose id go with inglis because of match fitness

Stranger

Coach
hunt is a bloody kiwi and should not be there that being said you seem to forget about brett hodgson if wasnt for his injury he would be there right now instead of hunt but if i had to choose id go with inglis because of match fitness

Hahahaha, despite the tigers year last year, Hodgson doesnt compete with Hunt, Mini or Inglis.

Kiwi

First Grade
The_Savage_1 said:
he competes with hunt

No he doesn't.

on the three in the poll.

Personally I'd take both Hunt and Ingliss over Mini. Mini offers a great kick returner and runner. The other two can do that also, not as well, but in terms of creating something, mini just can't do it, Ingliss and Hunt have more to offer in attack. which is primarily what your fullback is these days.

OVP

Coach
Noone at the Roosters seems to know 100% if Mini will ever be 100% again. Inglis, while not a fullback, has ALL the skills to play anywhere at all within the backline. Mini doesnt. Hunt, while he's done a good job i wouldnt rate him anywhere near the best fullback going around. Justin Hodges did alot better imo.

As a true Fullback ? Mini easily, but Id call it a draw between Mini and Inglis overall... thats how impressive young Inglis REALLY is. Dont forget that the great King Wally said that it was Minichiello who dominated and decimated Qld in his very first Origin game, and kept doing it for the other two games. Inglis did ok in his first, but he's improving rapidly. Inglis has time on his side, noone knows whats happening with Mini, if the truth be told :(

OVP

Coach
Kiwi said:
No he doesn't.

on the three in the poll.

Personally I'd take both Hunt and Ingliss over Mini. Mini offers a great kick returner and runner. The other two can do that also, not as well, but in terms of creating something, mini just can't do it, Ingliss and Hunt have more to offer in attack. which is primarily what your fullback is these days.

Yeah but you're Kiwi ... a NZer Qlder :lol:

I dont think anyone truly knows whats going on inside the Kiwi's head :lol:

Stranger

Coach
The reason the roosters finished so low on the table IMO was due to the lack of mini. As a fullback i dont see how people can choose others over mini :|

Kiwi

First Grade
OVP said:
Yeah but you're Kiwi ... a NZer Qlder :lol:

I dont think anyone truly knows whats going on inside the Kiwi's head :lol:

If I don't know how can anyone else :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I doubt you'll find many fans of either the Broncos, Storm or Roosters that would swap their fullbacks for another. Personal choice is all it comes down to.

Stranger

Coach
I think a few brissy fans would jump at the chance for an Inglis Hunt swap. hahaha You would be insaine not to!

But the Storm Fullback is slater though.

Kiwi

First Grade
Stranger said:
I think a few brissy fans would jump at the chance for an Inglis Hunt swap. hahaha You would be insaine not to!

But the Storm Fullback is slater though.

I'd welcome Ingliss into the team for sure, not in a Hunt swap and not to play fullback.

Stranger

Coach
IMO, Minichello has proven himself over many seasons.

That would be a good reason for keeping Hunt over Ingliss too IMO.

Kiwi

First Grade
Stranger said:
IMO, Minichello has proven himself over many seasons.

That would be a good reason for keeping Hunt over Ingliss too IMO.

Ingliss is a freak, but lets be honest about him, he hasn't cemented a position at all. He gets moved all over the place, he isn't even the Storms first choice fullback.

aqua_duck

Coach
Inglis and Mini can both tackle and have enough pace to make good covering tackles as a last line of defence, Hunt can't tackle and is slow to boot, though I will say he is the toughest of the 3

Stranger

Coach
Yeah thats what im getting at.

But also, look at hodges and Hunt. Its under completly different circumstances but it shows that Hunt quite possibly mighten end up the best fullback at Brissy within the next 2 years.

Kiwi

First Grade
Stranger said:
Yeah thats what im getting at.

But also, look at hodges and Hunt. Its under completly different circumstances but it shows that Hunt quite possibly mighten end up the best fullback at Brissy within the next 2 years.

And Mini might not be as good as he was or may have to retire in a few years.

there are alot of if's

Stranger

Coach
Mini has been the best fullback for the past 5 years IMO. Nothing can take that away from him. He is well proven under the high ball, in attack and defence. He is by far the best fullback in that list.

Hunt has ALOT to prove.

Latest posts